China is already testing it's answer to global hawk?

shiphone

Country flag
China's Predator Drone Ripoff Crashes and Explodes
actually it's BZK-005, a medium/high altitude long range reconnaissance UAV for strategic missions.

developed by BUAA and HAIG in early 2000s, and its prototype was unveiled briefly in an AVIC promotional video at the 2006 Zhuhai International Airshow. it entered into service for years.

Its specifications are: cruising speed 150-180km/hr, service ceiling 8,000m, endurance 40hr, max TO weight <1,250kg, max payload >150kg, TO distance <600m, landing distance <500m.

Predator Ripoff? not this one...LOL

source where you could get to know more about the PLAAF UAVs, don't make any silly comments again

Last edited:

AprilLyrics

now i am wondering how many kind of UAVs on earth does china have~

shiphone

Country flag
something like Predator Drone is coming...which might be still under development by the 611 Institute.

YI LONG

video:

[video]http://player.youku.com/player.php/sid/XMjg3MzA4NzYw/v.swf[/video]
---------------------------------------------------

Last edited:

shiphone

Country flag
China is working Lot, They have a operational prototype of UACV based on similar UAV concept..

This are good cannon fodder for IA & IAF SAM network, What seems it can be useful in distraction and CAS..

would you please tell us what IA & IAF SAM network have now? those outdated SAM-3s, SAM-6s ? oh,please... PLA are working a lot to try to use the Unmaned J6s,J7s and some other new built UAVs against the modern Airdefence system like MIM-104 Patriot.

I don't think it's necessary to use PLA's UAVs against India untill the new co-developed LR,MR Barak systems ,moderm Radars and command system are well deployed.and of course I'm assuming an unlikely scenario here.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
would you please tell us what IA & IAF SAM network have now?

Yes, Indeed:

SA-3 are getting replaced by Akash MK1..
SA-6 are updated with newer seekers and the main guidance and surveillance radar, ECM, processor is also updated.
SA-13 and OSA-AK both systems are updated with newer thermal sights and improved ECM so does the controls and processors..
Igla manpads are common..

The updates date is from 2000-2008 from these system from Poland firm and Bulgarian firms and some Russian firm..

Updates:
Spyder Short range Airdefence system is slowly replacing OSA-AK and SA-13 from stationary SAM duties..

Korean and Japanese MIM-104 are different from latest Patriots, Besides Patriots are stationary SAMs when deployed..

You have no clue on other side of border do you ?

Last edited:

shiphone

Country flag
the Largest UAV (not including those refitted unmanned J7s) ever seen in china which mentioned in the very first post in this thread is not as big as the Globle Hawk, and the range is much shorter as well...

XIANG LONG weighs 7,500kg and has a range of 7,000km, a cruising speed of 750km/hr and a cruising altitude of 18,000m.

actually this UAV is not new to us at all...the first image was taken in 2006 on Airshow China(Zhuhai)

source people daily's web...

Last edited:

shiphone

Country flag
Yes, Indeed:

SA-3 are getting replaced by Akash MK1..
SA-6 are updated with newer seekers and the main guidance and surveillance radar, ECM, processor is also updated.
SA-13 and OSA-AK both systems are updated with newer thermal sights and improved ECM so does the controls and processors..
Igla manpads are common..

The updates date is from 2000-2008 from these system from Poland firm and Bulgarian firms and some Russian firm..

Updates:
Spyder Short range Airdefence system is slowly replacing OSA-AK and SA-13 from stationary SAM duties..

Korean and Japanese MIM-104 are different from latest Patriots, Besides Patriots are stationary SAMs when deployed..

You have no clue on other side of border do you ?
thank you very much for your update...it seems nothing new to me...

obviousely , the Air Defence systems in East Asia and South Asia are not at the same level...

east asia

south asia

--------------

and I think the refitted PLAAF UAVs would be used against these long range stationary SAMs mainly...those short range SAMs less than 50Kms become weaker and weaker when the STANDOFF weapon are popularized in PLAAF.

the Unmanned J5s

one unmanned J7

3 kinds of UAVs

---------------------
BTW,is there any pictures of S300 in IAF service? As I know, there's a rule on this forum: no image, no fact...LOL

Last edited:

agentperry

how do china makes exactly the same copy of design... its awesome not an iota of difference... teach us o chinese tao

shiphone

Country flag
how do china makes exactly the same copy of design... its awesome not an iota of difference... teach us o chinese tao
would you please name something? then I would tell you the difference...why not leave you some rooms in your words...

------------------------------------------
one have to learn to walk or even crawl before run...it's well known

agentperry

the picture above says more than anything else...
was ur last line a tao teaching??

shiphone

Country flag
which one? I have post loads of pics here...would you please repost it ? many thanks...As I know ,there is another rule on this forum:

Of course we can verify, but the burden of references is on the poster, not the reader. This is the decorum.
which means since you post your point ,it's your burden to give the proof or references....although I have seen too much posts here like" just google XXX, you will know India is far ahead" and " china is far behind campared with India in the field of XXX, ie. lunar projects' ,bla...bla....,without any links or quote...sorry for OT.
--------------------
more UAV models revealed on Airshow China 2010 (zhuhai)

TianLong 8

YiLong I

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
thank you very much for your update...it seems nothing new to me...
obviousely , the Air Defence systems in East Asia and South Asia are not at the same level...

south asia

and I think the refitted PLAAF UAVs would be used against these long range stationary SAMs mainly...those short range SAMs less than 50Kms become weaker and weaker when the STANDOFF weapon are popularized in PLAAF.

BTW,is there any pictures of S300 in IAF service? As I know, there's a rule on this forum: no image, no fact...LOL

That MAP is a fan boys work.. :/

And very surprisingly Long range SAMs are part of a multi-Airdefence screen, Engagement radars since 80s are equipped with ECCMS and can track and engagement multiple targets, Missles like vintage SA-2 can hit U2s which derived same on SA-6, Still saying " Drones are deigned to attack SAM"..

And now Standoff weapons: ;)
Its Call S.E.A.D mission operations, In this case PLAAF DON'T have any true standoff weapon only KH-31 derived version with changeable Seeker, To counter the Issue Indian Radars have X frequency and other Frequency to detect and paint..

Their are no Pics of Indian S-300PMU2 as no one posted, Indian Have 6 systems of S-300PMU2 which are based on Tatras and mainly protecting major cities from Ballistic missiles.. Take it as a NO fact.

Btw, Are you under impression that DRONES are operated same as UAV :D ???????

shiphone

Country flag
That MAP is a fan boys work.. :/

And very surprisingly Long range SAMs are part of a multi-Airdefence screen, Engagement radars since 80s are equipped with ECCMS and can track and engagement multiple targets, Missles like vintage SA-2 can hit U2s which derived same on SA-6, Still saying " Drones are deigned to attack SAM"..

And now Standoff weapons: ;)
Its Call S.E.A.D mission operations, In this case PLAAF DON'T have any true standoff weapon only KH-31 derived version with changeable Seeker, To counter the Issue Indian Radars have X frequency and other Frequency to detect and paint..

Their are no Pics of Indian S-300PMU2 as no one posted, Indian Have 6 systems of S-300PMU2 which are based on Tatras and mainly protecting major cities from Ballistic missiles.. Take it as a NO fact.

Btw, Are you under impression that DRONES are operated same as UAV :D ???????
double standard here....you were quoting the same FAN boy's work in your thread ...

and once again india has no S300 systems so far ... many indian members had accept this after many years discussion on other forums. they couldn't find any pic and operation Sq.s in IAF. and the updated S300 missile Entry on Wiki has had the corretion.

even S-300PMU2 ? I doubt this version was not developed yet when the unreliable news cames that india would have the S300 . the first and biggest user of this version is PLAAF, 15 systems imported.

normally ,india won't import the same weapon system from Russia which has been in service in PLA. PLAAF kept importing the S300 serial since early 1990s.
Indian key cities has lost the SAM shield when the IAF SAM-2 Sq.s phasing out.and most of the SAM-3 sys were deployed to protect the ABS(normally ,each ABS on the west border has 2 Sq.s of SAM-3). this situation might chang when new LR-SAM gets into service.

Last edited:

agentperry

i want to know is security in china so poor that any one can hide in grasses and snap hidden projects and post them on net?

shiphone

Country flag
I brought this thread back to the first page coz the 4th UAV Expo is on in Beijing...so we might be able to bring new info in few days...I don't want to open another thread ,and there are too many short thread in this sub forum.
---------------------------

some screen shots first:

YI LONG UAV

Last edited:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles