China Fails to Copy Modern Turbofan Engines

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Not to worry.

China can surmount the insurmountable.

One day, yes, one day, they will not only produce engines, but export them cheap!

They can achieve miracles.

If ceiling fans are there, can turbofans be far behind?

farhan_9909

Tihar Jail
Banned
and china is trying there level best

i heard that alone 1.5billions USD are sanctioned for the development of ws-15 again

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Let them first sort out the mess they have caused by giving dud locomotives to the Pakistan Railways by trying their level best with some low end technological quick fixes.

Can't have a most trusted ally's engines and the whole Railway up for the grabs, can we?

Yijiuliuer

Tihar Jail
Banned
Not to worry.

China can surmount the insurmountable.

One day, yes, one day, they will not only produce engines, but export them cheap!

They can achieve miracles.

If ceiling fans are there, can turbofans be far behind?
Why are you so pessimist, you guys can build your nuclear sub withouth making a conventional one, why blame China on thinking big to build their turbo fan?

Two years agao, you guys made fun of our then J-XX as somthing white elephant, two month ago, you guys claimed china can't build its arresor cable. two weeks ago, you said China don't know how to make an AIP sub, two days ago you guys said our 052D is a piece of PSed work....

look at more of the brighter side of the world. and tell you the truth, turbo fan engine, are not something insurmountable.

Illusive

Country flag
The main issue for Chinese would be reliability,material technology is key here, they have been successful on atleast field testing it in their prototype jets, but lets wait and see.

G90

The latest J-15S conduct maiden flight one day after J-31's maiden flight, equipped with 2 Chinese WS-10 engines, just like all the rest made J-11 variations at Shenyang.

You know, using WS-10s on a prototype fighter speaks volumes about its maturity.

uvbar

the problem in making of engine is making of the fans (because they need delicate handling and expertise in pattern making and metallurgy)
and another concern is making the engine light in weight

kaveri gtx is 34% overweight and still produces a lot less thrust than other engines

G90

Btw, WS-10 is still a class frenchmen cannot make, I can understand the americans bragged their military high power high thrust low bypass ratio military jet engines, but who the ---- give the nerve of a french flyer to talk like as if they were something :rofl:

badguy2000

Respected Member
the problem in making of engine is making of the fans (because they need delicate handling and expertise in pattern making and metallurgy)
and another concern is making the engine light in weight

kaveri gtx is 34% overweight and still produces a lot less thrust than other engines
material/metallurgy tech and maching tech is the key to produce a good engine....

However, as developing countries, either India or CHina has much less ready material/metallurgy tech and maching tech than west and Russia...

after heavy investment on it for over 1 decade, CHinese might advance futher than Indians now....however, they still have long way to go.

G90

material/metallurgy tech and maching tech is the key to produce a good engine....

However, as developing countries, either India or CHina has much less ready material/metallurgy tech and maching tech than west and Russia...

after heavy investment on it for over 1 decade, CHinese might advance futher than Indians now....however, they still have long way to go.
Check world top material science journal like ACTA materialia: Now 1/2 to as much as 2/3 of the top material science journal papers are written by Chinese (first author of the paper), never group China with India as if they were comparable.:rofl:

badguy2000

Respected Member
Check world top material science journal like ACTA materialia: Now 1/2 to as much as 2/3 of the top material science journal papers are written by Chinese (first author of the paper), never group China with India as if they were comparable.:rofl:
China maybe is developing fastest,however west and Russia has a earlier start.....Chinese still need more time to finish the "catch-up"..

and India....it still has not full industry chains and has long way to finish industrialization......

so,it is even harder for india to finish a decent engine.

satish007

Why are you so pessimist, you guys can build your nuclear sub withouth making a conventional one, why blame China on thinking big to build their turbo fan?

Two years agao, you guys made fun of our then J-XX as somthing white elephant, two month ago, you guys claimed china can't build its arresor cable. two weeks ago, you said China don't know how to make an AIP sub, two days ago you guys said our 052D is a piece of PSed work....

look at more of the brighter side of the world. and tell you the truth, turbo fan engine, are not something insurmountable.
So what you old Id in this forum

Last edited:

G90

China maybe is developing fastest,however west and Russia has a earlier start.....Chinese still need more time to finish the "catch-up"..

and India....it still has not full industry chains and has long way to finish industrialization......

so,it is even harder for india to finish a decent engine.
To get a paper accepted and published in one of the leading journals, the contents of your paper has to be on-time, on-spot, and be innovative to the current stage of science/tech development, in other words, your findings has to be leading in the area of research, not merely catching-ups/repeating someone else's earlier works, otherwise you wont pass the peer-review.

G90

You are using Indian forum ,please appreciate Indian
I will leave this forum as soon as I get a new militaryphoto account, it seems that these pathetic wankers will ban me immediately if I am trying to be even remotely honest instead of being a brain-dead moron who screaming US strong US strong :rofl:

satish007

I will leave this forum as soon as I get a new militaryphoto account, it seems that these pathetic wankers will ban me immediately if I am trying to be even remotely honest instead of being a brain-dead moron who screaming US strong US strong :rofl:
Good.you enter another level, enjoy mp,post more topics like china vs us or j20 vs f22 or j31 vs f35,but I will stay with indan bhai

Last edited:

GromHellscream

It appears that the one under France flag is not an indian as we thought before but acts really of french style.

Indians are truly long-reflex-arc at most, on the other hand this guy always sticks to some unnecessary self-respect.

GromHellscream

Good.you enter another level, enjoy mp,post more topics like china vs us or j20 vs f22 or j31 vs f35,but I will stay with indan bhai
Red necks are not that easy to deal with, hehe.

Versus topics like that are totally nonsense at all, no matter which forum they are posted in.

By the way, I thought the Chinese Military pics thread in MP need more interesting pics, the recent ones are a little boring.

Yijiuliuer

Tihar Jail
Banned
It appears that the one under France flag is not an indian as we thought before but acts really of french style.

Indians are truly long-reflex-arc at most, on the other hand this guy always sticks to some unnecessary self-respect.
I don't know if he is an Indian, I assume he actually is, but he is not a French for sure, I am positive on that.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles