China executed more people than rest of world combined: AI

Sid

I read somewhere that China executed the people who were found in the cases of corruption during the Olympics.

If that is true, I would say A Raja should thank God that he is an Indian.

amoy

such subjects are always debatable, as euthanasia, capital punishment or abortion...

We held similar debates in college too, one side claiming death is an effective deterrent for crimes like murder, drug trafficking, corruption etc., the other arguing "life imprisonment" is a penalty more "lethal" than death, or there're many wronged, or it's inhumane, brutal.

The world is not either black or white.

JBH22

Do you really think murder like the person who shot hundreds of people in Mumbai not deserve a death penalty?
In India we feed such people with chicken Biryani and provide them with security:) some might even kiss his butt chuk chuk

RedDragon

Of course. What exactly is your point? Are you implying that everyone in PRC who is executed has committed murder to a degree like the one in the Mumbai attacks? Gimme a break dude.
I just want to tell you that some people deserve death penalty. And besides murder, I think corruption with consequence too much damage to the society, drug like producing/trafficking/selling heroine >500g, women and children trafficking in large scale also should be executed.

RedDragon

In India we feed such people with chicken Biryani and provide them with security:) some might even kiss his butt chuk chuk
Even in China there are also some people want to cease all death penalty. Say something like :"Even the victim is my relative, I also will protect the life right of the murder." I think they are pretense or retarded.

AOE

It seems badguy2000 has difficulty discerning the difference between Executions and Curry Consumption, and ironically implies a fallacy of Correlation = Causation. Interesting to note that he states that capital punishment will never be abolished in China, which in itself can only be responded with a resounding "Duh" by anyone who can clearly see that it generally hasn't changed as a policy in China since 1949. RedDragon and nimo_cn instead try to argue that executions* are always justifiable given that the CCP has no qualm with killing anyone for any reason, also can be chimed in with a sarcastically obvious reply. Even if the debate were to occur, and we ultimately concluded executions are justifiable in certain circumstances; we are still left with the overshadowing moral dilemma that China executes people for dubious or, dare I say it; downright ridiculous reasons. Yet again, this is something that hasn't changed a great deal since Mao seized power, or am I mistaken that China has stopped calling its political opponents 'bourgeoisie capitalist demons' and instead started calling them 'traitors'? lol My hat goes off to you.

Last edited:

redragon

Country flag
Never inclined that the teacher was trying to indoctrinate anyone. The children must have been indoctrinated since an early age by other teachers, as a consequence of which, when that English teacher questioned regarding death penalty, the idea was unanimously supported.
My personal experience is I learn those from family from nabours...and of course some teachers said so too, as a matter of fact everyone says so: If one killed another, he or she must pay his/her life for the crime

jazzguy

I just want to tell you that some people deserve death penalty. And besides murder, I think corruption with consequence too much damage to the society, drug like producing/trafficking/selling heroine >500g, women and children trafficking in large scale also should be executed.
I also support execution of some political dissents. For example, let's say CCP shot 100 dissent students in Tiananmen in 1989 in exchange of 22 years of rapid social development in China. Life expectance of Chinese has been increased from 71 years to 73.4 years in last 22 years. The equation is 1.3 billion x 2.4 years/ 73.4 years per person, which is equivalent to 42 million people. The calculation demonstrates that execution penalty is good thing to do.

Oracle

/\/\/\ God granted us this life, no one other than God has the right to take it away.

no smoking

Country flag
/\/\/\ God granted us this life, no one other than God has the right to take it away.
It seems that God has no problem with death penalty. At least, I haven't found any thing in God book or you are the latest-appointed speakman of GOD?

RedDragon

I believe there are no God.

But there are just in the world. And people is equal, you murder somebody, then you should pay your own. So that the bad guy will think twice to do something real bad.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
I would kill for some good Chicken curry about now. I should go to India and slaughter people?

amoy

also support execution of some political dissents. For example, let's say CCP shot 100 dissent students in Tiananmen in 1989 in exchange of 22 years of rapid social development in China. Life expectance of Chinese has been increased from 71 years to 73.4 years in last 22 years. The equation is 1.3 billion x 2.4 years/ 73.4 years per person, which is equivalent to 42 million people. The calculation demonstrates that execution penalty is good thing to do.
Frankly your logic is quite appalling. Yes every country "regulate" or even cracks down on "dissidents" violence (or un-approved demonstrations alike) but for Tainanmen tear gas alike could have been used to dispel them. BTW what does it have to do with "death penalty".

With social advancement, death penalty should be used less and less until totally abolished someday, like in Europe. IMO political dissidence shall not be dealt with by "death penalty" so long as it doesn't go off limits such as resorting to "actions" like violence. U can't punish someone who thinks or speaks different from the "mainstream". It's anyway at the discretion of the people

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
France abolished capital punishment 30 years ago. The rationale, if you are dead, you cannot suffer.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
Bring me my bowl of chicken Manchurian noodles Chinese B@stard.!
ahem ahem "Coughs" .........
Pardon me but the language is gross. Could you please avoid being abusive, not a good way of debating.

Rgards,
Virendra

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
Capital punishment is stupid. It wastes life, and isn't even a proper punishment (once you're dead, you're dead).

I support sending criminals to forced labor camps, where they can do something useful and work on state projects, instead of rotting in a jail sucking up taxpayer money and chicken biryani.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
Capital punishment is stupid. It wastes life, and isn't even a proper punishment (once you're dead, you're dead).

I support sending criminals to forced labor camps, where they can do something useful and work on state projects, instead of rotting in a jail sucking up taxpayer money and chicken biryani.
Thats more sensible ... give a long and torturous punishment that the criminal fears his own life. Given that he/she will be alive, it also keeps in reach a small possibility that the criminal may improve as a person/citizen and perhaps join back the society some day to contribute positively. Although such cases would be rare but its still worth giving a shot.

Regards,
Virendra

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!

That would increase unemployment as paid workers would have to be laid off. This is India we are talking about....we need to give jobs to regular people. If we didn't have high unemployment then your suggestion would be wise.

Kill them off is the crime deserves it.

AOE

Killing people for any crime is unecessary, and it becomes a serious problem when evidence surfaces later that the person executed in question was actually innocent. I think any person who advocates capital punishment should be the one put in charge of telling the family of the 'convicted' why it is the state legal system screwed up, and why it is their son/daughter/family member is dead.

Putting them into labor could work, that would be a good deterrant, then again so could a strong gaol sentence.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles