China demands an apology from Norway for Liu Xiaobo nobel peace prize

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I can't agree with all the points you raised in the post, but you did offer another perspective for us to look at this issue and this is the best post by you I have ever read so far on this forum. But there is something I want to add here.

An important factor we should take into consideration is that the cold war is over. USSR, the country which used to take the majority criticism from west had collapsed, and its inheritor Russia is still recovering. If in the old days USSR managed to divert most of the attention, today's China is becoming, with a little exggeration, the only target of the whole western community. With so many countries aiming at China, sitting still and doing nothing won't make them stop, but encourage them to do more. China needs to do something, even for symbolic cause.

Nonetheless, you still made a point by suggesting China is making a big fuss over this Nobel Prize thing.
Well, I bend it like Beckham!

To be frank, even though it may appear that I am not too fond of China, that would be a fair assessment.

I find China's history and civilisation very fascinating. I even find Mao intriguing and interesting a personality. True, he was ruthless, yet when you look at China that he inherited, it was only a rude jolt that could wake up an Opium sedated indolent people. Like wise, if you take Lenin and Stalin for Russia.

Contradictory as it may appear, my inner self, rebelled against the manner in which they (Stalin and Mao) treated people as mere assets for their plans and not as human beings with personal requirements, feeding them on a staple of questionable patriotism.

In the same manner, while I like Bush and honestly I do, yet I am horrified at the manner in which he approached issues, benumbing the people with patriotism to make them impervious to human sensibilities.

I find it uncomfortable when people or Govts cloak their intent and action with pious platitudes and homilies. For instance, China is doing very well. Not all the actions are likeable and so why cloak them with false cosmetic washed political statements?

If China has gone the capitalist way and junked the Communist way, so be it. Why give it a convoluted nomenclature that is neither here nor there and totally meaningless? What is there to save face about? Let the results speak for them, and tell the world take it or leave it!

If human rights are being violated as per western standards, so be it. Where is the requirement to justify?

If in China, religion is to be state controlled and not Vatican controlled, say so openly and tell the Pope to take a walk. Or why it has to be State controlled in Xinjiang. Or explain it as to why it has to be State controlled so that foreign influences do not use religion to cause unrest as it is happening elsewhere.

This is more so since China is no longer a pushover. It has made its mark. Therefore, stand tall and boldly march into the future without worrying about minor pinpricks that comes everyone's way if they are to be leaders of destiny.

Look at the US. Everyone is at their door with the alms bowl. And having taken the alm, they also have no hesitation to abuse the US. The US has got used to it!! And now they really don't care!

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
^^ Nice post Ray however i disagree that the Chinese where Opium sedated indolent people before Mao steped in, the whole region of east asia has seen termandous growth without the aid of Communiusm or more specifically Maoism. One only needs to look at Taiwan(Chinese) who where identical culturally and yet made it to the Developed stage without the torcher, poverty, deprivation that China had to go through under Maos ideas. The same goes to Japan and Korea who after the World War did not require any inner revolution to become first world economies. Matter of fact China and Vietnam would have been developed countries by now if not for the regressive attitude that plagued their country which also spilt blood for no apparent gains that we can see today. The grim truth is that all that could have been achieved without Mao and that to much faster and much earlier.

Also their attitude towards India is totally uncalled for or justified and i am sure if there was no Maoism our relation with China would have been a close one.

Last edited:

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
Jealous of China's achievements in many countries, especially India, France and USA.
Well done
Do you realize how stupid you sound comparing a Third world country such as China with developed nations such as US and France!

As per comparing China with India, yes they are neck to neck (or India doing better) if we discount cooking of books, fake GDP, slave labor, rubbish bridges, ghost towns, CCP propaganda....et al!

P.S: Your English, dementia and dumbness displayed here suggests that u ought to be pakistani. MODs should check your IP and I am sure u r a madrasa educated wannabe terrorist from shythole called Failed state of pakistan! :)

badguy2000

Respected Member
that's right china, you can't bully usa, india, u.k, france and many other mighty nations who have attended the same noble price event; so you picked a small sovereign country to demonstrate how strong you are. eh? so china, i think you can talk tough only with small countries. what a shame. why don't you demand an apology from USA who supported Liu Xiaobo and attended the noble price event? 'aren't you hurt by it'? infact it was usa who organized these scene.
in fact, CHina has asskick France after France president met Dalai.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Did the French President show any signs that he was at all perturbed by your day dream?

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Yo.........in case you forgot - Your problem isnt the "East versus the West". Your problem is your immediate Eastern buddies (China and Pak) colluding in a proxy war against you for the last 50 years.

So now you want to join hands with the Chinamen (who never lose an oppurtunity to f*ck India over in every single aspect of international relations) against the West ?? This is too comedic !!
No, it's f*ckall to do with "siding" China on the issue. It's about how this part of the world continues to be viewed as inferiors/slaves, that can never have a say in world affairs despite economic progress. Never expect the west to treat India better than it treats China.

johnee

It will take a long time for Rolls Royce to get discredited.

Likewise for the Nobel Prize.

Anything that is subjective comes under criticism.

Very few things in life are totally objective.
On the contrary, it takes very little time for people to get discredited as compared to the time they spend acquiring the credibility. Just few instances and few vociferous and persistent detractors will ensure that Nobel will be mired in controversy making it un-credible...

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
in fact, CHina has asskick France after France president met Dalai.
LOL .. yeah sure and you were the arm chair commando who flew into the seventh sky and delivered the ballistic kick into his a$$, am I right?
I won't mind more of these jokes :D

fateh71

How about China apologising to India for protecting Jamat Ud Dawa three times in UN right before the Mumbai attacks first?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles