Chakra's Weapons

trackwhack

The Chakra could also be used as a test platform for the K 15 I guess as CM silos should be able to accomadate the smaller K 15, maybe not the K 4. But that depends on whether VLS is on the Chakra or not.

Yes, what we arm the missiles is our prerogative, only the range on the missiles are limited.

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
So an obvious inclusion over the next couple of years would be the K-15 with conventional warheads or Shaurya? Does the Shaurya's lenghth and girth allow it to be incorporated into the Chakra?
No the Chakra's design does not allow the incorporation of ballistic missiles like the K-15 as part of the weapons package, the Chakra can be used to launched only cruise missiles.I however forsee the inclusion of the Nirbhay into the weapons package of the Chakra once we have a submarine launched version tested and running.

noob101

I don't know about arming Charkra with nuclear missiles or ballistic missiles ..... In my opinion, IN will just use it as a pure attack submarine and deploy it on long range patrols... the only nuclear weapons that it should carry are nuclear torpedoes, even that I am not sure of how effective they are......

Everyone seems to forget that every other country has built and operated nuclear attack submarines before building SSBN's, IN will probably be spending the next 5 years just learning how to operate and use nuclear submarines effectively... adding other types of weapons like Nirbhay or K 15 are going to be useless at least for the foreseeable future.... In any case, by 2020 IN is going to have 4 or more Arihant class boats so arming the Chakra with ballistic missiles is going to be redundant .....

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
K-15's dia is 0.7meters IIRC. That bit big than the size of Chakra's tube. K-4 is just huge, there is no way it can get inside Chakra.

arya

Country flag
mod pls merge the thread with ins chakra akhula2

vikaskumar11233

Tihar Jail
Banned
It's nothing other than a propaganda ,by which China wants to threat India so that it will carry on it's planing of showing supremacy in south China sea.We have to make him understand that 1965 will not be repeated in any case any how.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles