Can India and China ever be friends?

bose

Country flag
Prove it. Prove >50% of the world would give up the economic benefits of China for a tiny sliver of a marginalized population.
There is nothing to prove here, people around the world feel for the marginalized people of Tibet, Period... it is the Tibetans who have to fight for their independence... China is a factory for cheap products that is all... Unease of Chinese authorities proves same will happen to China as for other colonialists like Brits"¦

And less than 100,000 British did the same to you. At least China resisted beforehand - although you could argue that since India did not resist, whatever happened between India and Britain was consensual ;) @Ray
Exactly that what drives my point of view, do not underestimate the strength of 3 million Tibetans... Tibetans are resisting neo fascist Chinese repression...

Do not bring here the concocted stories of Chinese resistance we have seen enough of your resistance against Japan... total capitulation nothing less...

Last edited by a moderator:

Simple_Guy

And less than 100,000 British did the same to you.
But even fewer Europeans dominated China, divided it into zones or whatever, and treated the Chinese like dogs.

All those kungfu crap movies have this theme. That and the Japanese domination.

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
China+Pakistan vs India+US+Japan+Vietnam+Phillipines+Australia+Russia(?)

End of story. End of China. :p

Become too arrogant, and pick fights with many of your neighbors = get smacked down like Nazi Germany.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
If France and Britain could become close allies after centuries of fierce rivalry and devastating wars, then I see no reason why India and China cannot become allies in the future. Provided, of course, that their national interests overlap more than they collide, as became the case with the Western Allies.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Since when international commission of Jurists become the superior court of deciding who should be independent and who shouldn't?
From Tibeten side, yes they can claim whatever they want. But they forgot one thing, the deal was signed by both sides, the termination of the deal must be agreed by 2 sides. In this case, they never got the "go ahead" from any Chinese gov, which means Chinese keep the right to come back and force the deal.
It is not surprising and is understandable that you would not understand moral issues.

Further, the issue is not the Macmohan line in the ICJ, but the fact that Tibet was an independent country.

Yes, right, remember PRC was not a member of UN until last 70s. UN can't impose its resolution on a non-member gov. You have to find out any similar resolution which was passed after PRC entered UN. But certainly you can't. It means that UN doesn't think this "self-determination" applies to the Tibetan people any more.
What makes you feel that the UN cannot pass a resolution in context with a non member?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Prove it. Prove >50% of the world would give up the economic benefits of China for a tiny sliver of a marginalized population.
Good point.

What must be noticed is that the tiny sliver of marginalised population is the terminal objective.

Right now the sights are trained on the bigger fish - China.

Corrupt the youth with goodies got cheap, soar their ambition, cause a disproportionate social and economic imbalance and viola! you have a new China! ;)

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Of course, and it is that future of prosperity and eventual Chinese assimilation of those regions that has Indian brigadiers venting and fuming on internet forums, as if that will ever change anything... ;)
You constant reference to 'Indian Brigadiers' which has nothing to do with the subject indicates that the points made by me has hit home hard and you are frustrated in logically debating the point, being bereft of facts,

Do fume at the bit!

pmaitra

Of course, and it is that future of prosperity and eventual Chinese assimilation of those regions that has Indian brigadiers venting and fuming on internet forums, as if that will ever change anything... ;)
You are usually a good poster, and personally, I like the way you debate, much better than many other 'more senior' Chinese members here. In contrast to the general trend, as I see it, this post of your's was rather disingenuous, especially since PRC looks rather desperate and nervous in trying to keep Tibet and East Turkestan under their control while PRC's apologists, such as you, continue to pretend as if everything is fine, when it is quite the opposite.

Keep it up nonetheless.

TrueSpirit

And less than 100,000 British did the same to you. At least China resisted beforehand - although you could argue that since India did not resist, whatever happened between India and Britain was consensual ;) @Ray
Wrong, we resisted. HARD. Throughout British occupation. You need to READ. But, since can't even do that, simply Google:

1775–1782
1803–1805
1817–1818

Finally, we were subdued. But not for long.

By virtue of their determined & persistent struggle against British imperialism, Indians started acquiring central as well as provincial governance roles in 1920, itself.

Indians had a majority presence in Central Legislative Assembly (akin to today's Parliament), in Council of State(today's cabinet), as well as in all the Provincial Assemblies (States/provincial governments).

There were regular general elections held throughout the country in which Indians participated in massive numbers & the elected Indian representatives governed the nation. We already had a self-rule even before we got total independence.

By 1942, the movement to throw the British out, was in full swing throughout the nation, & within 5 years, the British had to leave.

So, the fact you should learn today is:

1) Indians struggled harder, more consistently, using all possible tools & succeeded much before any Third World nation in throwing the yoke of imperialism, without any foreign help.

2) Indians did not need US or USSR help in evicting the British (who were the British ally), whereas you had to rely on your Uncles' help to stop the Japanese from raping your country

Last edited by a moderator:

aerokan

Country flag
Since when international commission of Jurists become the superior court of deciding who should be independent and who shouldn't?
From Tibeten side, yes they can claim whatever they want. But they forgot one thing, the deal was signed by both sides, the termination of the deal must be agreed by 2 sides. In this case, they never got the "go ahead" from any Chinese gov, which means Chinese keep the right to come back and force the deal.

Yes, right, remember PRC was not a member of UN until last 70s. UN can't impose its resolution on a non-member gov. You have to find out any similar resolution which was passed after PRC entered UN. But certainly you can't. It means that UN doesn't think this "self-determination" applies to the Tibetan people any more.
Using the same logic, since when China became the decision maker for the independent Tibet? Who gave the right to China to decide whether Tibet should be free or under Chinese occupation?

Please don't use stupid logics and arguments like these which can be used against you as well!!

It gets boring after sometime.

amoy

Like US & Canada ? NO
Like UK & France ? YES
if u ever read post 4 u'd have understood why India and China will never be friends, instead shall be at each other's throat. there're countless threads attesting to the conclusion.

today's world is very much different from that one France and Britain were in when ascending to their peaks. they had Africa, Americas, and Asia to exploit as source of dirt cheap raw materials and markets for finished products to facilitate their leaps from feudal to capitalism prosperity. in contrast nowadays India and China inevitably clash on the world stage intensively due to lack of the ample room Britain and France once had for growth, whereas under mounting pressure from the exploding population that they didn't have.

the two Asian countries will have to fight it out sooner or later!

Sent from my 5910 using Tapatalk 2

LalTopi

Can India and China ever be friends?

Yes, is the answer to this question.

But the real question is can India or any other (non-crackpot) nation ever trust the CCP.

bose

Country flag
If one reads through the posts in this thread, it is clear that Chinese wants to colonize the Tibetans forcibly just like the Brits did in 18th & 19th century with utter disregard for human life. Chinese have no concerns for Tibetans sufferings"¦

no smoking

Country flag
Using the same logic, since when China became the decision maker for the independent Tibet? Who gave the right to China to decide whether Tibet should be free or under Chinese occupation?
Since the tibetan failed to beat Chinese army in the battlefield and since the tibetan delegation failed to convince Chinese that they should be independent!

Please don't use stupid logics and arguments like these which can be used against you as well!!

It gets boring after sometime.
You can go anywhere at anytime to bark that the logic is wrong and chinese shouldn't be there. The fact, however, will still remain the same.
It will not only get boring, but even upset for the keyboard warrior like you.

Kid, grow up. The world doesn't run around you!

aerokan

Country flag
Since the tibetan failed to beat Chinese army in the battlefield and since the tibetan delegation failed to convince Chinese that they should be independent!
Yes.. you are right.. Nazi Germany was right the same way.. So will China be right in the future.. Those who can't understand freedom needs a reason to leave others free. I have nothing else left to convince you. You are just hopeless.

You can go anywhere at anytime to bark that the logic is wrong and chinese shouldn't be there. The fact, however, will still remain the same.
It will not only get boring, but even upset for the keyboard warrior like you.

Kid, grow up. The world doesn't run around you!
FYI.. I don't bark. Barking is done by the dogs of CCP :lol:

And yeah.. i still remember the effort and time i spent on you to beat some logic into your thick skull day in and day out. So please don't go around barking like a mad CCP dog once again like you used to do in the past. And don't 'kid' me around. I don't prefer Chinese to tell me what i can and what i can't do. So please fcuk off.

TrueSpirit

That's a fact & no one can deny that. Might is right.

That's so Nazi-esque. This xenophobic & hegemonic mentality would be the undoing of CPC+PLA combine. You guys are the real neo-Nazi's & destined to meet the same fate. No one can save you from your destiny.

no smoking

Country flag
Yes.. you are right.. Nazi Germany was right the same way.. So will China be right in the future.. Those who can't understand freedom needs a reason to leave others free. I have nothing else left to convince you. You are just hopeless.
FYI.. I don't bark. Barking is done by the dogs of CCP :lol:
And yeah.. i still remember the effort and time i spent on you to beat some logic into your thick skull day in and day out. So please don't go around barking like a mad CCP dog once again like you used to do in the past. And don't 'kid' me around. I don't prefer Chinese to tell me what i can and what i can't do. So please fcuk off.
Whatever.....

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles