C4I2 Summit 2011 India

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
New Delhi, Oct 18 (ANI): Minister of State for Defence Dr MM Pallam Raju on Tuesday assured the creation of a private industry of a level playing field in defence procurement.

Inaugurating a two-day seminar on 'Command, Control, Computers, Communication, Intelligence and Information (C4I2 Summit-2011)' here, Raju said: " It will be my endeavor to create a level playing field and ensure that greater opportunities are given to Indian entrepreneurs."

"We have a procurement procedure that looks at the industry as a capable partner in providing us the means for this transformation. The offset policy in DPP is sure to provide a fair playing ground to both the public and private sectors leading to an enhanced domestic capability," he said.

"A greater participation by our industry is also expected in the field of information technology with focus on harnessing the technology for our National security. For this, there is an urgent need for the Indian industry to give greater attention to research and development for ensuring that cutting edge technology is available to the Indian Armed Forces," he added.

Emphasising that cyber security and security of defence networks is a big challenge, Pallam Raju said: "I am sure our Armed forces would take note of these emerging challenges while developing their C4I2 Networks."

Praising that the initiative of hosting an International Seminar on C4I2 is commendable, Pallam Raju said: " The participation by the Industry including International partners is encouraging and I consider it as a reflection of our transparent policies on defence matters.

"I am certain that this seminar will enrich the participants on the knowledge of contemporary technology in the field of C4I2 and Net Centricity. I am confident that with participation of industry we will progress towards developing the required command, control and communication systems to equip the forces, enabling them to fight better in all future conflict situations," he added. (ANI)

TruthDive

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles