Bullet train to Run from Karachi to Peshawar

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag
@arnabmit

I don't mind if you keep living in your dream world where everything related to India is better than others irrespective of any substantive evidence or reality. I have met many Indians who have visited Pak and they really admire roads infrastructure of Pak especially the Motorways. Anyway the first Motorway of South Asia was built in Pak in 1997. Give some credit to Pak.
it may be good but not better.
india has changed drastically in last 10 years.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
First I am not talking about the length of the Motor ways. I am talking about the condition of the motor ways, high ways and roads in Pak as compared to their Indian counterparts. All Pakistan motor ways are either 4 lanes or 6 lanes. Perhaps following link can help you.

"Indeed, for sheer spotlessness, efficiency and emptiness there is nothing like the M2 in the rest of South Asia."
reuters.com/article/2009/12/16/us-witness-pakistan-motorway-idUSTRE5BF01220091216
Heh - again the same link. In the course of discussions with Pakis on the internet, I must have been presented this link ten thousand times.

While comparing against other countries, the author compares the roads as in the 1990s. That idiot author speaks of a "single lane road in Indian side of the border". This was the case in the 1990s. After the GQ was completed in mid 2000s, all roads that are part of GQ are excellent 4-lane or 6-lane ones.

The condition of the national highways in India is excellent today, and the expressways are international standard. This development has happened over the last 10-12 years.

The Last Stand

Country flag
The condition of the national highways in India is excellent today, and the expressways are international standard. This development has happened over the last 10-12 years.
Enviable national highways which have speeding signs for 80 km/hr but everyone regularly speeds to 130 km/hr :lol:

Jokes apart, every National highway I've travelled have 4 lanes+ and newly laid roads with the tar still coal black and sparkling, almost all the NH have extending work going on.

:))

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
5th GENERATION BULLET TRAINS PAKISTAN :finger:

@ any Pakistan members translate it please
Pathetic horse ! looking like a donkey , 1 Donkey power , 0.75 nm torque lol!

Why to get a real bullet train ? just paint the name "Bullet Train" in normal Paki trains, a wise option :pft:

Sal12

Heh - again the same link. In the course of discussions with Pakis on the internet, I must have been presented this link ten thousand times.

While comparing against other countries, the author compares the roads as in the 1990s. That idiot author speaks of a "single lane road in Indian side of the border". This was the case in the 1990s. After the GQ was completed in mid 2000s, all roads that are part of GQ are excellent 4-lane or 6-lane ones.
@Bangalorean

The author moved to India in 2007 as chief correspondent where he has focused on India's economic and political story as well as traveling to Afghanistan, Pakistan and Nepal. It is there in the link if you read it more carefully. Thus he is not talking about roads in 1990's but late 2000. I gave you that link only because he is neutral and he visited both countries.

I am very well aware of the development of roads, express ways in India and there is no doubt that India made a drastic progress in its road infrastructure in past 20 years. But Pakistan did the same thing and perhaps you are not aware of it.

India is a big country with over billion population so people in India likes to travel by train for longer distances because it is much convenient for them. Thus their trains are far better than Pak. On the other other hand, Pak is a small country with small population compared to India. The Balochistan is 45% of Pak's total land but its population is nearly 10 millions which is less than Lahore and Lahore is half of the Karachi. So people in Pak likes to travel by roads for short distances cos it is much convenient for them and which is why Pak has started developing its road structure much earlier than India.

Anyway I am finishing my arguments as I not come here again and again. Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:

SilentKiller

Country flag
People like to travel by roads in Pak and which is why the conditions of roads, motorways and high ways are better than India In India, most people travel by train. Therefore the trains in India are far better than trains of Pak.
:confused:
Condition of roads in pakistan is better?
Do you come out of cities like islamabad?

hassan346

Best in Asia? Really? For your information, "Asia" includes Korea, Japan, China, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Malaysia - the list goes on. Best in Asia, really?

Anyway what is your criteria of "best"? Which road is "better" - the Islamabad-Lahore "motorway" or the Delhi-Agra Expressway or the Beijing-Shanghai highway or the Mumbai-Pune expressway or the Riyadh-Jeddah highway? Which is the "best" among these? It is so silly to make statements like "we have the best".

Why don't you both give me some information on the number of kilometers of "international standard motorways" you have? How many km of such roads, and how many km of four-laned highways? How many kilometers of six-laned highways? Let us have these figures, and we will multiply your figures by 5 (to bring it on par with India's larger size), and then we will have a "comparison".
none of them is motorway pakistan is the best in asia

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles