Britain: How ignorant a country's population can ever get

nokuba

British empire is no more...
The superiority of so called Brits does not exist even on paper. They are like a billionaire who lost all the money, a pauper feeling great about the past.

As of now, Brits are under direct attack from Islam. The brits know it and they can't/won't do anything to counter it. They are like a wounded animal, waiting to be put out of it's misery.

Should I be angry at what this nation did to us? - Yes
Should we get out of commonWealth? - Absolutely yes, It's like a group of rape victims of a single perpetrator meeting at the perpetrators house to have tea...FFS.
Should we feel pity for Brits today? - A hesitant yes. Because they are at the infant states of a process India went through centuries back and it ain't pretty.

Regarding racist Brits, they are present in all countries and all cultures. What makes Brits racism towards India infinitely worse is our history. It's like germans being racists towards Jews. Yes, Brits are to us what Nazis are to Jews. wish Brits understand this fact with humility.
Agree with everything, but looking at their geostrategic moves, they don't seem to have conceded the fact that the sun has set on their rapist empire. Just today I read news that Britain is building one of those mega supa dupa carriers bigger than ever, and that will be live in 2018 and they also recently spend billions to build submarine or nuclear triad or something like that. Obviously, they are not surrounded by hostile nations, so they will be planning to use these large weapons to create influence in other parts of the world.

And looking at India's moves, especially moves where our establishment goes out of the way to cover up British flaws of the past and tries to see Britain as 'just another nation', seems like we need a sound 'reset' button too. We are dealing with Britain - France - Germany as equal nations to use each other in economic bargains. If we were an offended nation, we would be using France and Germany against Britain, be it weapon sales or diplomacy. This is the point I do not understand. Do we have enough reason to play nice with Britain? if we throw a tantrum then what options do their covert division has? supporting Kashmir? showing us as evil Hindus? they are already doing that. What more can they do?

I feel very upset that there is no sense of shame or urgency to slap Britain.

Krusty

Country flag
Your username sounds Indian to me. Are you a UK citizen of Indian origin or like completely European?
In all probability he is a British born confused Desi living under western delusion. The truth is most of the ACTUAL Brits (not the pseudo immigrant ones) want this.
IMG_3439.JPG

The Brits deserve what's coming to them. Karma will have the last laugh.

Krusty

Country flag
Agree with everything, but looking at their geostrategic moves, they don't seem to have conceded the fact that the sun has set on their rapist empire. Just today I read news that Britain is building one of those mega supa dupa carriers bigger than ever, and that will be live in 2018 and they also recently spend billions to build submarine or nuclear triad or something like that. Obviously, they are not surrounded by hostile nations, so they will be planning to use these large weapons to create influence in other parts of the world.

And looking at India's moves, especially moves where our establishment goes out of the way to cover up British flaws of the past and tries to see Britain as 'just another nation', seems like we need a sound 'reset' button too. We are dealing with Britain - France - Germany as equal nations to use each other in economic bargains. If we were an offended nation, we would be using France and Germany against Britain, be it weapon sales or diplomacy. This is the point I do not understand. Do we have enough reason to play nice with Britain? if we throw a tantrum then what options do their covert division has? supporting Kashmir? showing us as evil Hindus? they are already doing that. What more can they do?

Agree. And Long before that, to start with... I feel very upset that there is no sense of shame or urgency to slap Britain.
I feel ashamed that a land of hundreds of thousands of people were controlled by not more than a few thousand whites who were in India at any given point during the British Raj. The bulk of their security forces were people recruited from Indian soil. The likes of Chatrapathi Shivaji and Veerappandiya Kattaboman would be rolling in their graves.

IndiaRising

Country flag
britain is on the decay. they think the world begins and ends at buckingham palace when most of the people give two shites about them. the future economic growth will take place mostly in Asia for the better part of this century. pretty soon, it will be UK begging South Asian and Southeast Asian countries for investments. that is the reality brits still can't cope with.

abingdonboy

Country flag
It's not just Britain, but even Germany has a VERRRY nasty opinion about India. We don't realize it because of the language but whenever I meet english speaking Germans on the internet, they don't necessarily say bad things to me, but when you did deeper, they have a negative bias. It's like a person who tries to be diplomatic and avoid talking about your country altogether because they think that there is only bad things in India so they don't want to embarrass us by talking about India.

PS : The last global Maoist conference before the Sukma attack took place in Germany, as said by RSN Singh. Germany, Norway have been supporting the Chrislamists in India since the time of Sri Lanka insurgency. Germany needs a lesson. It's good that we rejected their weapons deal in favor of France. Not that France is our bro, but this is a rare case of "two wrongs make a right".

At this point, I don't know what weapons we buy from Germany other than overpriced tracks for Arjun MBT.
Germany had stopped selling HK small arms to India a few years back because of "human rights abuses" in the anti-Naxal fight (they had later reversed their decsion).

Verdane

It's quite interesting to note unlike anti India comments- like asking the best minds in India to build toilets, there is very little 'Islamophobia' in the British media (most from the RW tabloids, none from mainstream leftist media). Even their turned a blind eye to the sex abuse scandal in Rotherham, to avoid offending British Pakistanis- and no 'Go Home's comments were made.

@Verdane With all that indophobia, you folks don't deserve any educated Indians. What you deserve is more ISIS flag waving Mirpuris. And you shouldn't forget that many of them have already received militant training at Pakistan Occupied Kashmir, while your MI6 decided to look the other way. After all, the British Government nurtured the Kashmiri separatist movement quite well.
There's not that much anti-Indian stuff either, but if you go looking for it you will find it of course. Most UK media has to an extent an international audience so you will get shit about most countries. Some of it true. I can guarantee that at some point Romanians, Chinese and Americans have all thought the same and all those countries have reported shit about other countries too. Anyhew this sub is pretty toxic so I think i'll go back to reading about cool planes.

gslv markIII

Country flag
There's not that much anti-Indian stuff either, but if you go looking for it you will find it of course.
Well I have been following their reports for quite a long time, so I know what the BBC assholes want to convey to their subscribers -http://www.bbc.com/news/world/asia/india

^The opinions of the 'experts'-the Indian coconut & the gora sahib- are particularly interesting because of their bias. And here are some nice examples of their stereotyping & racism.

Capture1.JPG

They love sucking up to the Islamists while even when the latter have emerged as the biggest threat to their security.

Capture.JPG

The third rate political propaganda magazine which calls itself 'The Economist' might ask Indian scientist to build toilets, BBC might portray Kashmir as a 'human rights issue' & might call a terrorist an 'activist', but have any of them ever mentioned or criticized Pakistan's fast growing nuclear arsenal ?

Most UK media has to an extent an international audience so you will get shit about most countries. Some of it true. I can guarantee that at some point Romanians, Chinese and Americans have all thought the same and all those countries have reported shit about other countries too.
Anyway I don't see any reports, criticism or scholarly journals about BBC's hatred for Americans or say Romanians, so I must believe that such a hatred do not exist.

http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/01439680802310324?journalCode=chjf20

Some example of BBC's hatchet jobs http://www.webcitation.org/5kmg7RuMR?url=http://us.geocities.com/mediawatch_india/how_to_do_hatchet_jobs_on_india.htm

Rediff reporter Arindam Banerji has chronicled what he argues are numerous cases of Indophobic bias from the BBC regarding reportage, selection bias, misrepresentation, and fabrications.

In protest against the use of the word "gunmen" by the BBC, journalist Mobashar Jawed "M.J." Akbar refused to take part in an interview following the Mumbai terror attacks,and criticised the BBC's reportage of the incident. British parliamentarian Stephen Pound has supported these claims, referring to the BBC's whitewashing of the terror attacks as "the worst sort of mealy mouthed posturing. It is desperation to avoid causing offence which ultimately causes more offence to everyone."

A controversial report from BBC accused India of sponsoring Pakistan's MQM party, a domestic party based out of Karachi, to fund anti-Pakistani activities. However, the only sources BBC managed to mention for this report was "authoritative Pakistani source", rather than independent investigation. The flawed reporting was severely criticized by India and other prominent journalists like Barkha Dutt. Expectedly, the pro-Pakistan and anti-Indian report was extensively circulated in Pakistani domestic media to fuel propaganda and conspiracy theories.

Writing for The Hindu Business Line, reporter Premen Addy criticises the BBC's reportage on South Asia as consistently anti-India and pro-Islamist, and that they underreport India's economic and social achievements, as well as political and diplomatic efforts, and disproportionately highlight and exaggerate problems in the country. In addition, Addy alludes to discrimination against Indian anchors and reporters in favour of Muslim Pakistani and Bangladeshi ones who are hostile to India.

Writing for the 2008 edition of the peer-reviewed Historical Journal of Film, Radio and Television, Alasdair Pinkerton analyses the coverage of India by the BBC since India's independence from British rule in 1947 until 2008. Pinkerton observes a tumultuous history involving allegations of anti-India bias in the BBC's reportage, particularly during the cold war, and concludes that the BBC's coverage of South Asian geopolitics and economics shows a pervasive and hostile anti-India bias due to the BBC's alleged imperialist and neo-colonialist stance.

In the journal of the Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses, media analyst Ajai K. Rai strongly criticised the BBC for Indophobic bias. He found a lack of depth and fairness in BBC reporting on conflict zones in South Asia and that the BBC had, on at least one occasion, fabricated photographs while reporting on the Kashmir conflict to make India look bad. He claimed that the network made false allegations that the Indian Army stormed a sacred Muslim shrine, the tomb of Hazrat Sheikh Noor-u-din Noorani in Charari Sharief, and only retracted the claim after strong criticism

Last edited:

mendosa

Germany had stopped selling HK small arms to India a few years back because of "human rights abuses" in the anti-Naxal fight (they had later reversed their decsion).
We must have a spine that once a country blacklists us for any reason, we must automatically ban them for 20 years. No reversing bullshit. H&K bans sale to India? No German weapons company to participate in any RFP for next 20 years.

As Doval says "you throw stones when you want, you have peace when you want, this can't go on"

Country flag

AnantS

Country flag
How dare they spread misinformation cheat the public! Someone better tell the Iranians only BBC is entitled to do that.
No not an Iranian propaganda, here is the same report from Hindustan Times:
http://www.hindustantimes.com/world...ot-alarmist/story-VGao3gFmD28zTqGzrQODEL.html

What is interesting I quote:
Corbyn said: “When Theresa May addressed a Republican Party conference in Philadelphia in January, she spoke in alarmist terms about the rise of China and India and of the danger of the West being eclipsed. She said America and Britain had to ‘stand strong’ together and use their military might to protect their interests.

Watch out for more vigorous British support to Khali, Kasmiri, Xtian-Naxali terrorists in coming days

Krusty

Country flag
Guys, I just found out something interesting.. BBCs official website has an 'ethical guidelines' link with a subsection 'when is it OK to lie?'. :lawl:

A reputed international media house actually agrees 'it's OK to lie'. their narratives will be twisted to for the conditions to lie anyway. So they can lie and deceive everyone 24/7 legally according to their stated policy :pound::pound::pound:So called flagship British media justifying lying using philosophy. They can lie if they feel it's 'justified'.

Absolutely murky and vague at best. Every situation can be deemed justifiable so, do your own math....

@Syd BBC can never be trusted. They officially justify lying, cheating and misleading public. Which explains most of their india related articles. :rofl: absolutely misleading garbage at best. Pathetic, to say the least for a premier and renowned media institution.

IMG_3757.PNG
IMG_3758.PNG

Last edited:

Hiranyaksha

Country flag
Guys, I just found out something interesting.. BBCs official website has an 'ethical guidelines' link with a subsection 'when is it OK to lie?'. :lawl:

A reputed international media house actually agrees 'it's OK to lie'. their narratives will be twisted to for the conditions to lie anyway. So they can lie and deceive everyone 24/7 legally according to their stated policy :pound::pound::pound:So called flagship British media justifying lying using philosophy. They can lie if they feel it's 'justified'.

Absolutely murky and vague at best. Every situation can be deemed justifiable so, do your own math....

@Syd BBC can never be trusted. They officially justify lying, cheating and misleading public. Which explains most of their india related articles. :rofl: absolutely misleading garbage at best. Pathetic, to say the least for a premier and renowned media institution.

View attachment 16509 View attachment 16510
Lol thanks for the link. I will now kick some British ass. Bwhahaha

Syd

Country flag
[QUOTE="Krusty, post

View attachment 16509 View attachment 16510[/QUOTE]

Since you linked me in your reply, I will reply. Did I even mention the BBC in what I wrote? Did I say they were truthful or more accurate than anyone else? Please point me to where I said it.

In the UK the BBC is regarded ad very liberal and left wing unless the individual concerned is a leftie of course. The article you link to is typical of the rubbish some BBC hack links to to fill their quota of words. The author of those words, Sissela Bok is Swedish/American. It reminds me of of the bit in the Terrorist Manual that says it is OK to lie to infidels.

The media especially newspapers, put a slant on every story according to their politics. Every newspaper supports some political party and lets that cloud their editorial. I learned this as a young man when Asian students, mostly from East Africa, were attacked in the street of East London by skinheads. The police did not do anything, the Indian High Comissioner said "We must follow the example of Gandhi". The students grouped together and the next time it happened they went out with hockey sticks and cricket bats and beat up all the skinheads in the vicinity. The Police arrived when the skinheads were getting the worst. Next day the newspapers reported it as Asians and white youths fighting over women as there were a couple of girls among the skinheads! My brother was one of those students.

Just to get back on topic, it is true that the average Brit is ignorant of things related to India; current politics, history, religion. There is only a vague knowledge that it was an ancient civilisation. Likewise Kashmir is hardly visible to the Brit "man in the street". As for Maoist/Naxal issues , forget it - they would think it related to China since Mao is mentioned. But then, reading postings on various topics here I find that Indian posters are also amazingly ill-informed about UK issues.

AnantS

Country flag
Watch from 13:00, Francois Gautier explains the issue of Western media bias against India quite well

+ Reveals that in the 90s the BBC were actively denying that Pak was sponsoring any terror activities in Kashmir.
Yeah We cant forget west labeling Pakistan sponsored Terrorist Attacks in India as mere internal "Law and Order" problem within India.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles