Britain: How ignorant a country's population can ever get

Verdane

Look at the support to kick out brutes/brits from Occupied Northern Ireland.

If the majority of the population of Northern Ireland voted for independence and the majority of Ireland as a whole voted for reunification, the UK (you mistakenly keep referring to England) would not stop it. There's a reason why the IRA now spend most of their time knee capping teenage drug dealers than they do blowing up shopping streets and that's because most people in Ireland (including former IRA members) prefer politics and democracy to random acts of violence.

As for Scotland, it wasn't invaded, it joined with England after the Scottish king becoming the King of England and later through the Act of Union, through which the Scottish parliament voted to join England and create the UK.

They also had a referendum in independence fairly recently (from the UK not England) and chose against Independence.

The Welsh equivalent of the SNP, Plaid Cymru don't poll particularly well in elections in Wales and there isn't a particularly significant appetite for independence from the UK either.

Ironically there was an amusing poll before the Scottish independence referendum that showed more people in England in favor of it that people in Scotland.

Oddly England was also a Celtic country, the natives didn't vanish or get replaced, although the culture was more significantly overwritten by Anglo-Saxon invaders than anywhere else in Britain and Ireland.

Continue to fight the good fight of the 1980s! Though the rest of us have moved on.

nokuba

I have noticed that too, Brits are quite interested in Kashmir, recently there was a huge debate in British Parliament on Kashmir and how Indian army is violating human rights , I feel that fucking Brits still hate us and look down upon us but what is laughable is that they think they can lecture us after being the worst human right violators in whole history, personally I think that British Raj was worse than Hitler or Genghis, Indian government should tell them to shut up and behave according to their Aukat.
For the longest time, Britain has maintained an anti-India stance on the issue of Kashmir, but their parliament has suddenly passed a resolution saying that Pakistan is in illegal possession of Kashmir. This is because the Brits are in talks with India to sell billion dollar weapons. Tomorrow if the weapon sale fails, their parliament will pass a resolution claiming that India is in illegal possession of Kashmir haha what a useless race of people.

We need to give nuclear weapons to Argentina and start raising our voice in favor of Argentinian right over Falklands. That will shut the Brits up for good.

Last edited:

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
What do you feel about British citizens who have not just voting rights but also reserved seats in Indian Parliament in the name of Anglo Indian seats?
How is this possible?

India does not recognize dual citizenship, right?
So how does this happen that brit citizens have seats in parliament?

Explain, please.

Country flag
For the longest time, Britain has maintained an anti-India stance on the issue of Kashmir, but their parliament has suddenly passed a resolution saying that Pakistan is in illegal possession of Kashmir. This is because the Brits are in talks with India to sell billion dollar weapons. Tomorrow if the weapon sale fails, their parliament will pass a resolution claiming that India is in illegal possession of Kashmir haha what a useless race of people..
So you want to accept Blackmail?? These resolutions are meaningless. The recent weapon
deal I remember is hawk trainers?

Krusty

Country flag
"Entire Europe" is doing no such thing. Mostly Europe has moved on. Not sure what strawman argument you are setting up, but it doesn't appear to be related to anything I wrote.
The average European I met was way more smarter than you. If you think it's a straw man, it's a straw man that you will see. - (again) confirmation bias.

There is no negetivity Son. It's the truth. How many people know that the Belgian crown along with the British crown were the greatest mass murderers and Butchers of humans in history. Yet only hitler among other non-Europeans consistently make the list. They are selectively ignorant about that fact. We we are just revisiting the truth here and discussing Europeans denial and false narratives. Not to mention the apparent collective consensus that India is still filled with snake charmers and little else.

Last edited:

nokuba

How is this possible?

India does not recognize dual citizenship, right?
So how does this happen that brit citizens have seats in parliament?

Explain, please.
Not 'foreign nationals', but foreign ethnicity people (Anglo Indian) who have Indian citizenship.

See this :

According to the Constitution of India, a person from the Anglo-Indian community is defined as, “a person whose father or any of whose other male progenitors in the male line is or was of European descent; but who is domiciled within the territory of India, and is or was born within such territory of parents habitually resident therein and not established there for temporary purposes only.

http://www.elections.in/government/anglo-indian-mps.html

https://www.quora.com/Where-did-the-idea-for-reserving-2-Lok-Sabha-seats-for-Anglo-Indians-come-from

They are basically bastards of half Indian and half European ancestry. The story behind this is also interesting as narrated by Ajit Doval. They British, in order to created an intermediate race of people started giving 5 rupees as government sanctioned fees for any Indian women who would sleep with a British officer and bear child. The plan was that when these children grew up, they would act as a middle man between british and Indian and Indians cannot call them 'outsiders'.

Did none of you know that there are reserved seats for anglo Indians in Indian parliament? google it folks.

See this video :

nokuba

What weapons are these? No major arms deals are on the anvil between the UK and India.
I don't remember the details, but it's something about communication interception systems and BAE is lobbying for making parts of IFV or Arjun or something like that. They are begging India to make us buy a lot of stuff, the reason nothing is on the Anvil is because of their arrogance about not respecting our red lines. They also lost the Typhoon for the same reason. Germany and Britain are major stake holders in the Typhoon and they are also major supporters of the Protestant Christianity branch which supports Maoists in India.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Not 'foreign nationals', but foreign ethnicity people (Anglo Indian) who have Indian citizenship.

See this :

According to the Constitution of India, a person from the Anglo-Indian community is defined as, “a person whose father or any of whose other male progenitors in the male line is or was of European descent; but who is domiciled within the territory of India, and is or was born within such territory of parents habitually resident therein and not established there for temporary purposes only.

http://www.elections.in/government/anglo-indian-mps.html

https://www.quora.com/Where-did-the-idea-for-reserving-2-Lok-Sabha-seats-for-Anglo-Indians-come-from

They are basically bastards of half Indian and half European ancestry. The story behind this is also interesting as narrated by Ajit Doval. They British, in order to created an intermediate race of people started giving 5 rupees as government sanctioned fees for any Indian women who would sleep with a British officer and bear child. The plan was that when these children grew up, they would act as a middle man between british and Indian and Indians cannot call them 'outsiders'.

Did none of you know that there are reserved seats for anglo Indians in Indian parliament? google it folks.

See this video :

But you said Brit citizens, these are not brit citizens though. That's what I pointed out in my earlier post.
And of course I don't support reserving seats for this community. But just pointing out that they ain't brit citizens.

Verdane

The average European I met was way more smarter than you. If you think it's a straw man, it's a straw man that you will see. - (again) confirmation bias.

There is no negetivity Son. It's the truth. How many people know that the Belgian crown along with the British crown were the greatest mass murderers and Butchers of humans in history. Yet only hitler among other non-Europeans consistently make the list. They are selectively ignorant about that fact. We we are just revisiting the truth here and discussing Europeans denial and false narratives. Not to mention the apparent collective consensus that India is still filled with snake charmers and little else.
I certainly wouldn't be arrogant enough to assess your intelligence or lack thereof from a brief comment history... "son." The OP did not start this thread to discuss history, it was to address his personal prejudice against British people specifically and to give similarly minded people a circle round which to jerk.

If you don't think referring to a nation of people as turds, thugs, scum etc... is negative then I suggest you look up the meaning of the world. Since that is all couched within the context of the British being bigoted, then I have to agree, irony did indeed die.

This thread is not about addressing European history, it started with selected comments from various sources used to imply widespread bigotry by someone pretending he has no preconceived prejudice, which is obvious bullshit.

Whether his obvious racism is justified in a historical context or not is hardly the point I was addressing and that was the straw man argument you were setting up.

Verdane

Tried my best to be humble with them.
From Internet Forums to YouTube comment sections or even Internet Game chats.
There is a regular dose of India bashing they do. Whatever the crap about India your media gets, feeds you and start to troll for a reason a we don't know.

Honestly, an average Indian unlike me really doesn't know not cares much about Britain but the sort of WTF bs of Indian being "threat" to UK is sometimes laughable & sometimes annoying.

Biased? Have fun with compatriots of your comments on first page & this is not Englishmen attitude with Indians only.

It's anywhere. From geostrategic to any military tech,
First UK vs North Korea, then Russia attacking UK, later Agni 5 falling on London and these days UK fighting with China.
:D
Someday, we'll hear about UK nuking USA.

Why? Why world will see a small Island as Fulcrum? It was dominant economically & militarily in past but not right now.
Nobody cares but media keeps b*tching & British fanboys keep dancing.

Because they aren't fed with craps that we "civilized" some people by bringing their per capita growth down to less than 1% for a century or even the false news that their machines are designed or funded by us.

Ever seen Indians being that desperate that they try to take credit of someone else work?
I don't know if you're trying to be nice here, :)
But guys till date I met, most biased people are British. For technical argument or reasoning, they call me arrogant every time.
If you disagree, interrogate in your neighbor.

Anyone with Indian Citizenship must have a voting right as long as he doesn't commit a crime worthing sedition.
As with the average Indian relationship to the UK, the average person in the UK couldn't care less about India.

Sorry if that conflicts with your personal experience, but you are a pretty distant country and not yet as important as you intend to be.

There are a mix of positives and negatives that would be associated with India, but hardly any of which would be something that anyone would dedicate much thought to.. i.e a reputation for good food, poverty, being abused by our evil Empire, an otherwise amazing history and some astounding places to see and visit and I image being better than us at cricket. The main negative's I've heard relate to the inclination of our own government to direct aid to India, a country that clearly neither wanted nor needed that aid. Otherwise there are a lot of countries with far greater relevance to us than yours i.e... virtually every other European country, the US, Canada, Australia.. even these days dare I say it...China. I'm not saying India is not important or irrelevant, I'm saying that you believe that there is some added hostility towards India that just doesn't exist in any widespread sense, because most people don't think of you at all, most of the time.

Jesus there was a whole Brexit campaign in which one of the arguments used was "why should qualified Indian's be excluded from emigrating the the UK when unqualified Romanians can walk right in."

Maybe I'm being harsh in dismissing your comments and experiences by thinking of you as being a big a bigot as you seem to claim all Brits are... but you see my problem. Referring to a whole country of people and painting them with the same brush is exactly that, racist and bigoted.

abingdonboy

Country flag
The main negative's I've heard relate to the inclination of our own government to direct aid to India, a country that clearly neither wanted nor needed that aid.
The UK stopped providing foreign aid to India on Jan 1st 2016, despite India offcially asking for such aid to be stopped as early as the mid-2000s.

Krusty

Country flag
I certainly wouldn't be arrogant enough to assess your intelligence or lack thereof from a brief comment history... "son." The OP did not start this thread to discuss history, it was to address his personal prejudice against British people specifically and to give similarly minded people a circle round which to jerk.

If you don't think referring to a nation of people as turds, thugs, scum etc... is negative then I suggest you look up the meaning of the world. Since that is all couched within the context of the British being bigoted, then I have to agree, irony did indeed die.

This thread is not about addressing European history, it started with selected comments from various sources used to imply widespread bigotry by someone pretending he has no preconceived prejudice, which is obvious bullshit.

Whether his obvious racism is justified in a historical context or not is hardly the point I was addressing and that was the straw man argument you were setting up.
Include me too. I think Brits in general are arrogant, ignorant, racist, bigoted and simply downright entitled. However there is a slight correction in your post. You have used the word 'prejudice'. No. prejudice implies that he has come to that conclusion NOT based on reason or experience. Wrong. The opinion formed is of perfect validity based on facts and historical events. Infact, we owe our 'prejudice' (as you put it) to the Brits.

If the truth hurts you so bad, you should consider staying out of the thread. Racist towards the Brits. Wow. This I would like to see. This childish argument of singling out the person or group you want to complain won't work. tell me you are joking. When one generalises Jews are highly intelligent, does that mean there aren't any Jews aren't intelligent ?. Stop playing with semantics. The whole British royal museum is a testament to their racism, bigotry and entitlement

I just got off arrse forum btw. You should try it too..

Last edited:

Verdane

The UK stopped providing foreign aid to India on Jan 1st 2016, despite India offcially asking for such aid to be stopped as early as the mid-2000s.
Yes I know, I'm not sure if this is known generally or not, but I was referring to some of the criticism i've seen not how up to date they are ;)

Verdane

Include me too. I think Brits in general are arrogant, ignorant, racist, bigoted and simply downright entitled. However there is a slight correction in your post. You have used the word 'prejudice'. No. prejudice implies that he has come to that conclusion NOT based on reason or experience. Wrong. The opinion formed is of perfect validity based on facts and historical events. Infact, we owe our 'prejudice' (as you put it) to the Brits.

If the truth hurts you so bad, you should consider staying out of the thread. Racist towards the Brits. Wow. This I would like to see. This childish argument of singling out the person or group you want to complain won't work. tell me you are joking. When one generalises Jews are highly intelligent, does that mean there aren't any Jews aren't intelligent ?. Stop playing with semantics. The whole British royal museum is a testament to their racism, bigotry and entitlement

I just got off arrse forum btw. You should try it too..
Excellent job confirming what I was saying, wallow in self pity and express your inferiority complex with a bit of jingoistic racist bullshit, paint it up with whatever justification you want to, but it is what it is. Personally I would rather judge individuals on their behavior towards me, rather than extrapolate the behavior of other people who look and sound like them and assume the worst. I'm not hurt by anything someone like you is likely to say, frankly I don't know you and I doubt I'd want to. Nor am I inclined to visit anything with a name like arrse forum. Thanks for the offer, I can only guess it contains something you don't like though, so maybe take your own advice.

Krusty

Country flag
Excellent job confirming what I was saying, wallow in self pity and express your inferiority complex with a bit of jingoistic racist bullshit, paint it up with whatever justification you want to, but it is what it is. Personally I would rather judge individuals on their behavior towards me, rather than extrapolate the behavior of other people who look and sound like them and assume the worst. I'm not hurt by anything someone like you is likely to say, frankly I don't know you and I doubt I'd want to. Nor am I inclined to visit anything with a name like arrse forum. Thanks for the offer, I can only guess it contains something you don't like though, so maybe take your own advice.
Self pity? It's anger. But whatever helps you sleep at night. Hope you got the satisfaction your mind needed of making a point. If you are here to judge people individually, you are at the wrong forum my Friend. This isn't a beauty contest or a science quiz. We are here to discuss groups, ethnicities and countries. If it doesn't float your boat, I say again, leave this thread instead of putting forward pointless arguments. Judging individually. Yeah right.

Arrse is a British Defence forum. You are not wrong in not wanting to go there. It's just a place where Brits gets together and circle jerk each other off to the crown and it's past glory. It's unadulterated British bile and venom towards its former colonies. Ofcourse, you being.. you... wouldn't want to learn about the garbage that British people vomit when left to themselves on the internet. Hide in your cute little cave. It's not about me liking the forum or not. I need first hand exposure to people and groups before I make up my mind. Unlike a certain someone.

gslv markIII

Country flag
[QUOTE="Verdane, post: 1291342, member: 14637"]This is a bit of a depressing echo chamber, initiated by someone who is obviously biased enough to spend his time seeking out as much negativity as possible. Look up confirmation bias. Thank fuck most of the Indians I meet in real life are decent people. The internet is a desperate place sometimes.[/QUOTE]

It seems you are a nice, polite Briton. But that can change quite easily. Brits who go gaga over India, it's culture, friendly people or hospitality will make comments like ''how dare those inferior Indians do this?'' when they hear about the Indian Space Program or any other Indian achievement. Well, maybe not the exact words, but you guys are quite good at insinuation & will express that in a very polite way.

My personal experience with British netizens have mostly been negative and I often find their attitudes towards Indians to be one of unnecessary condescension, arrogance & hate.

And going by the reportage of your media (both leftist & RW), it doesn't seem that this phenomenon is limited to the internet. Your media is more indophobic than the Pakistani one & it's selection bias is well known. It finds the worst news from India- which are even ignored by the local tabloids- to portray us a nation of weird people, snake-charmers & rapists.

_20170426_214314.jpg

Seriously, can your media be more stupid ?

And oh, every report on Indian achievement should be neutralized by adding sufficient remarks about poverty, hunger or any other socioeconomic problem.

Here is an advice to Indian Space Research Organization, by a leftist rag called 'Economist'.

''What if the 16,000 scientists and engineers now working on space development were deployed instead to fix rotten sanitation?''

The insinuation is quite clear- 'Indians should stick to building toilets'. Such racist trash are often published on UK media.

Most of the socioeconomic aren't even reported but poverty porn is given it's due importance.

Last edited:

gslv markIII

Country flag
Nor am I inclined to visit anything with a name like arrse forum. Thanks for the offer, I can only guess it contains something you don't like though, so maybe take your own advice.
Well, it's a British military forum, and many of its members claim to be serving/ retired British military officers . It is filled with racist & hate filled remarks against everyone who isn't white- much similar to white supremacist forums like Stormfront. However the British media thinks they are just being naughty- maybe this will serve as another example on how British media normalizes racism.

ARRSE has no official ties to the army, but nor is it an obscure, half-dead message board where three neo-Nazis and a sex bot cast out hate speech and spam into the void. It gets 5 million hits a month, has been quoted in the House of Lords, and the MoD has acknowledged its popularity among the armed forces. The BBC, the Times, the Guardianand the Telegraph have all run stories citing ARRSE as an authoritative source of army opinion, though the Telegraph did flirtatiously concede the site was "rude and naughty".

Now don't tell me that it is an exception, I have been to several other British forums & they are all full of arrogant pricks.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles