Brigadier Ray No More

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
I dont frequent the forums regularly anymore let alone log in and post, anyways just got to know about this, i had gotten into many discussions with the brigadier (some for and some against) and his habit of diving into details and bifurcating your replies was something i hadn't encountered before, it allowed me and im sure others also to respond better to his arguments. Some years back there was a british forum which was spewing anti-India rhetoric so i along with others decided to go there and troll them. I only posted abusive posts there every now and then but the brigadier was induling in full on debates with them and managed to attract a few of them to register here.

Throughout his time in DFI he was a 1 man army against the chini netizens and used to take them on single handedly and come out on top much to the dissatisfaction of our resident chini posters. Brigadier was a stubborn (in a good way) and well rounded person who despite fighting wars against pakistan didn't have hate for the pakistani people as some of us here do (occasionaly including me) despite not doing anything on the actual battlefield. He also was knowledgable about various religions apart from military matters. All in all a definite loss to the nation and dfi and will be missed.

Redhawk

With a very heavy heart and profound sadness I am informing our members that Brigadier Ray is no more.

He died on 30th of May at 2040 hours in Command Hospital in Kolkata. His last rites have just concluded. I just spoke to his wife and conveyed my condolences and on behalf of the forum.

Mrs Ray wanted me to inform all of you.

Brig Ray died of a heart condition due to which he couldn't breathe.

May his soul Rest In Peace.

He will be terribly missed
That is sad news. I only just noticed this thread. I liked and respected Brig. Ray very much. He was a wise and moderating influence. Rest easy, Brigadier! You will not be forgotten.

GokuInd

Shocked to have learned of this Gentleman's passing just right now.
May his soul rest in peace, I firmly believe that God will accept him with open arms for all the good he has done while he was on this earth.

VIP

Ultra Nationalist
Country flag
I didn't know until today, I was wondering where's our hard hitter but :frown: I have no words to say anymore, may his soul rest in piece. Salute to you sir. :india2:

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
I dont frequent the form anymore and when i discovered this news it really hit me hard. i had spoken over the phone to Ray sir many times and i feel a personal loss. I am deeply hurt and sad over his passing. Words dont describe this sudden departing. We will fondly remember you sir.

SALUTE.

happy

With a very heavy heart and profound sadness I am informing our members that Brigadier Ray is no more.

He died on 30th of May at 2040 hours in Command Hospital in Kolkata. His last rites have just concluded. I just spoke to his wife and conveyed my condolences and on behalf of the forum.

Mrs Ray wanted me to inform all of you.

Brig Ray died of a heart condition due to which he couldn't breathe.

May his soul Rest In Peace.

He will be terribly missed
So very sad news....been out of the forum for quite a long time. RIP @Ray Sir.

spikey360

Crusader
Country flag
Sad to hear about his passing, may his soul rest in peace.
He was a gentleman, out and out.
It was not necessary to agree with him to like and respect him. His posts were always insightful and witty. DFI will always miss 'Ray'.

nirranj

Country flag
My prayers for his family. In the very short time I have been in this forum, I found him to be a gentleman who is knowledgeable and humble. I am a fan of his English!. May he rest in peace!.

Ancient Indian

p = np :)
@Ray
All things shine as long as there is bright source above all.
In the absence of this source that ignorance wrecks havoc all the day.

RIP old man. Ghosting your posts was fun and enlightening. Have to search web for meaning of few words you used. You had loaded your posts with wonderful words like a soldier loads his bag with best of his tools.

Maybe that was what made me visit this site quite regularly.

There goes forum'ing for me.

sasum

Atheist but not Communists.
I think you had a premonition about your death and you had mentioned the same in one of your posts to me..
I joined this Forum on Jan. 2016 and immediately took note of Brigadier Ray's mighty presence. But never suspected he had passed away long back. Only this month @Yusuf informed that he had posted the news, which is rather short and sketchy. :)From Brig. Ray's witty and lively posts it was evident he was in very good health, physically & mentally. How could he fall to sudden death...was he suffering from a serious heart ailment?
I am also curious to know about the 'premonition' you mentioned and how he came to be associated with DFI. Was he the founder? Also his full name and career details, his exploits , battles he participated in etc.
@Yusuf @Kunal Biswas @LurkerBaba

Rashna

Country flag
I was one of the lucky ones to have joined this forum when he was still around. I wasn't aware that he had a condition which made breathing difficult and once when we were discussing the future of India he said i don't think i have much time left. His name was Brig.Raychaudhuri and in some of his short stories you can find accounts of his experiences in the army.
The other founder members who knew him personally can tell you more about him. I was for one am rarely impressed with people and I have nothing but the utmost respect and regard for Brig.Ray... If there is another birth i would like to make his acquaintance again and again.....he is the example of what a perfect man should be like.

I joined this Forum on Jan. 2016 and immediately took note of Brigadier Ray's mighty presence. But never suspected he had passed away long back. Only this month @Yusuf informed that he had posted the news, which is rather short and sketchy. :)From Brig. Ray's witty and lively posts it was evident he was in very good health, physically & mentally. How could he fall to sudden death...was he suffering from a serious heart ailment?
I am also curious to know about the 'premonition' you mentioned and how he came to be associated with DFI. Was he the founder? Also his full name and career details, his exploits , battles he participated in etc.
@Yusuf @Kunal Biswas @LurkerBaba

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles