BrahMos Cruise Missile

Trinetra

Country flag

no smoking

Country flag
After being member of MTCR and with ER version around the corner IA should seriously consider doubling the number of Brahmos regiments.
Considering the $3m cost for each Brahmos, it is too damn expensive as a tactic weapon. But on the other hand, it is not suitable to be a strategic weapon considering its range, speed and damage.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
We are making more n more of it, that means we can afford it, btw thanks for your concerns

IndianHawk

Country flag
Considering the $3m cost for each Brahmos, it is too damn expensive as a tactic weapon. But on the other hand, it is not suitable to be a strategic weapon considering its range, speed and damage.
Rest assured it will only be used when it's target has more monetary / startegic valuation. Just like naval bramhos will go after multi million dollar ships . Even the land attack versions will only be fired on such targets which justify the cost benefit ratio.

sthf

Country flag
I don't know how did you come up to this conclusion. Roughly every single PAF air base comes within 450kms range of the current configuration. Same goes for the bridges that span Indus river. Extended rage at 900kms will bring every single square feet of Pakistani territory within its range.

If taking out air bases with impunity is not strategic value, then I wonder what is?

Country flag
I don't know how did you come up to this conclusion. Roughly every single PAF air base comes within 450kms range of the current configuration. Same goes for the bridges that span Indus river. Extended rage at 900kms will bring every single square feet of Pakistani territory within its range.

If taking out air bases with impunity is not strategic value, then I wonder what is?
The idea behind 800+ km Brahmos is to take out key town of Golmud in China-

1- It is where the Rail link to Tibet starts-
2- It has an important air field-
3- It has an Oil refinery with huge oil storage all supplies to Tibet come from this-
4- The best road to Tibet starts from this place other road from Chengdu via Camdo takes 10 days and is treacherous besides being near to Indian border while another route is via Kashghar which is also have similar problem-
5- China has missile storage base there- DF-21 and other Long range Tels are present-

If the range of Brahmos can be extended to 800-1000km this town has enough strategic assets to qualify as a Juicy target- for well over 1000 Brahmos strikes-

All Pakistani assets are covered under 450km range Brahmos- Even the newly constructed missile storage underground tunnels near Khuzdar in Baluchistan- It was done to to escape the wrath of Brahmos(290km range) as all other installations were covered by Brahmos- stupid Pakis- :hehe:

no smoking

Country flag

As long as war starts, any army level commander or even division commander can give the order to launch cruise missiles to take out enemy's military base, bridges. So, these missiles are tactic weapon.

Those Indian ballistic missiles equipped with nuclear warhead will only fly if Prime Minister says so.

sthf

Country flag
As long as war starts, any army level commander or even division commander can give the order to launch cruise missiles to take out enemy's military base, bridges. So, these missiles are tactic weapon.

Those Indian ballistic missiles equipped with nuclear warhead will only fly if Prime Minister says so.
Nope. Brahmos regiments are command assets, not a battalion or division asset. In wartime, it'll be used to take out high risk, high value targets. Not a tactical weapon system.

no smoking

Country flag
Nope. Brahmos regiments are command assets, not a battalion or division asset. In wartime, it'll be used to take out high risk, high value targets. Not a tactical weapon system.
Didn't I say "ARMY LEVEL" commander?
During the war, any weapon that doesn't need the go ahead from your PRIME MINISTER, it is a tactical weapon.

Country flag
MTCR has clearly brought a lot of benefits to India.

We should now seriously consider a submarine launched brahmos
Kilo subs were suppose to get Brahmos but problems with Brahmos size and tubes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IndianHawk

Country flag
Didn't I say "ARMY LEVEL" commander?
During the war, any weapon that doesn't need the go ahead from your PRIME MINISTER, it is a tactical weapon.
Bramhos is nuclear capable . When it will have a nuclear warhead prime Minister will get involved. Secondly with regards to pakistan it covers entire paki territory every single installation. Tactical weapons can't be used beyond battlefield . But bramhos can hit pakistan anywhere even far away from battle zones . So it can be qualified as strategic weapon.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles