BrahMos Cruise Missile

sthf

Country flag
4 regiments are not enough . We need 40 regiments for Paki border and 40 for chinese and 10 for nuke missiles
Dude why do come up with these asinine comments? Is there something wrong with you? Missed your meds?

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Planning to fire Brahmos In a salvo is it? Like pinaka :)
@sayreakd
What will happen to LRCM project now?

Besides flying Nirbhay on indigenous MANIK engine in late 2018, I guess there was other plan for a longer range cruise missile with supersonic speed. Possibly, comparable to Kh-55 in range.

Google Searching much over cruise missiles these day. A lot is there to catch up for us.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
@sayreakd
What will happen to LRCM project now?

Besides flying Nirbhay on indigenous MANIK engine in late 2018, I guess there was other plan for a longer range cruise missile with supersonic speed. Possibly, comparable to Kh-55 in range.

Google Searching much over cruise missiles these day. A lot is there to catch up for us.
I don't think LRCM detailed proposal has been made to the govt for funding. Unless we hear it has been delayed or rejected, it should be assumed as progressing.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
I don't think LRCM detailed proposal has been made to the govt for funding. Unless we hear it has been delayed or rejected, it should be assumed as progressing.
Update has been there regarding powerplant from LiveFist Defence.
https://www.livefistdefence.com/201...ngine-for-indias-cruise-missiles-revs-up.html
An improved version may be there for LRCM.
PS, reading out the Soviet, American & Russian Cruise missiles, specially air launched.

Massive giants with intercontinental range!:shock:
I hope luxury BrahMos doesn't stop India from moving beyond 1,000-1,500 kms range CMs.

mahesh

Country flag
Guys officially they said that only software updates were needed for this ER variant. dies thus mean no real modifications were needed? If so, increase in range would would need increase in fuel and increased fuel will make missile heavier .doesn't it affect the performance of missile? Or any modification of engine was done or even the payload weight should be reduced.
Or the recent block missile was build with 300miles config instead of 300 kms ;P

Sent from my irisX8 using Tapatalk

OnePunchMan

Country flag
Guys officially they said that only software updates were needed for this ER variant. dies thus mean no real modifications were needed? If so, increase in range would would need increase in fuel and increased fuel will make missile heavier .doesn't it affect the performance of missile? Or any modification of engine was done or even the payload weight should be reduced.
Or the recent block missile was build with 300miles config instead of 300 kms ;P

range was always 800 KM+ believe it or not i mean we can't officially claim that since that would mean Russia bypassed the MTCR but anyone in the knows knew the range was always 800 km+ and it is very evident from the news coming out afterwards that Brahmos will require a Software upgrade to unlock the range yeah right lolololol

captscooby81

Country flag
Never-Before-Seen Footage Solves BrahMos ‘Island Test’ Mystery
@SurgicalStrike here is a little video proof for you

In April 2015, the Indian Army mysteriously withdrew a press statement made just hours before announcing that it had successfully conducted an island launch of the BrahMos Block III supersonic cruise missile from India’s island territories, the Andaman & Nicobar. Neither the Army nor BrahMos Corp. offered an explanation for why the detailed statement, accompanied by photographs of the April launch, was withdrawn. Was the test a failure? The mystery quietly dissipated, but not stands solved. First, take a look at the video above. The April 2015 test did in fact take place, and was precisely how the Army announced it. In fact, the Army conducted two more identical tests a month later in May 2015. Livefist chanced upon never-before-seen footage of these two latter tests in BrahMos Corp’s 2017 official film. Our map of the launch depicts precisely how the launch played out.

Top sources confirm that while the series of tests was fully successful, the reason the statement was withdrawn was that the tests weren’t meant to be announced publicly — certainly not as ‘extended range’ tests (BrahMos Corp recently conducted the first extended range test following India becoming signatory to the MTCR). The distance between Car Nicobar and Trak Island is well within the BrahMos Block III’s 290-km range, so the test actually wasn’t at any ‘extended range’. The other reason why the Army changed its mind about the test was environmental sensitivities that have prevailed over the use of the Andaman & Nicobar Islands for weapons tests. The use of the uninhabited Trak Island (really an atoll) for the test wouldn’t have gone down well with environmentalists (and perhaps departments within the government itself), even though a designated group of islands in the chain have been approved for such target tests.

The tests proved wholly successful though. And the footage you see here on Livefist for the first time confirms that the island strike tests went through without a hitch.

deepak ghanvatkar

Sir,
I read http://www.arms-expo.ru/articles/126/84027/
and had to translate it from russian it said "Something similar is happening today with the Russian tank T-90 : we give them supply vehicle sets, they collect them.The same - and with the SU-30MKI: kits - assembly - made in India. The same - with missiles "Onyx", which are output by joint Russian-Indian missile "Brahmos" . "
I did not know this... if this was a fact...
I saw the wikipedia and saw the onyx missile it gave following specifications

"Engine Ramjet
4 tons of thrust
Wingspan 1.7 m (5.6 ft)
Propellant kerosene liquid fuel
Operational
range

600 km (370 mi; 320 nmi) (Oniks version for Russia)
120 to 300 km (75 to 186 mi; 65 to 162 nmi) depending on altitude (Yakhont export version)
Flight ceiling 14,000 m
Flight altitude 10 meters or higher
Speed Mach 2.5
Guidance
system

midcourse inertial guidance, active radar homing-passive radar seeker head
Launch
platform

coastal installations, naval ship, Fixed-wing aircraft"

then I saw the Brahmos and found the following

"Engine First stage: solid propellant booster
Second stage: liquid-fueled ramjet
Operational
range

290–300 km (180–190 mi; 160–160 nmi)[2][4]

To be upgraded to 600 km (370 mi; 320 nmi)[5]
Flight ceiling 14 km (46,000 ft)[3]
Flight altitude Sea skimming, as low as 3–4 meters[3][6]
Speed Mach 2.8–Mach 3 (3,400–3,700 km/h; 2,100–2,300 mph; 0.95–1.0 km/s)[1][7]
Guidance
system

Mid-course guidance by INS
Terminal guidance by Active radar homing
GPS/GLONASS/Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System/GAGAN satellite guidance using G3OM[8][9][10]
Accuracy 1 m[11]
Launch
platform

Ship, submarine, aircraft (under testing) and land-based mobile launchers."

so I was shocked at what is the truth

Was Brahmos a merely derivative of Onyx missile and we hog the credit....

I am confused....

scatterStorm

Country flag
Agni RV have air burst mode ...... so will never see sort of target destruction .

See this video ,

Ah! If there would've been a fissile material as the detonation fuel, that place would've been vaporized by now.

uoftotaku

Country flag
Sir,
I read http://www.arms-expo.ru/articles/126/84027/
and had to translate it from russian it said "Something similar is happening today with the Russian tank T-90 : we give them supply vehicle sets, they collect them.The same - and with the SU-30MKI: kits - assembly - made in India. The same - with missiles "Onyx", which are output by joint Russian-Indian missile "Brahmos" . "
I did not know this... if this was a fact...
I saw the wikipedia and saw the onyx missile it gave following specifications

so I was shocked at what is the truth

Was Brahmos a merely derivative of Onyx missile and we hog the credit....

I am confused....
Yes. You can call it a "developed" or "updated" Onyx with more modern electronics. But the basic airframe is the same. Hence why the new ER Brahmos will suddenly be the same range as the original Onyx without any external differences.

Nothing wrong with that anyway. Nobody has claimed that Brahmos is a brand new product..nor has anyone but the ignorant said its an indigenous effort.

deepak ghanvatkar

Yes. You can call it a "developed" or "updated" Onyx with more modern electronics. But the basic airframe is the same. Hence why the new ER Brahmos will suddenly be the same range as the original Onyx without any external differences.

Nothing wrong with that anyway. Nobody has claimed that Brahmos is a brand new product..nor has anyone but the ignorant said its an indigenous effort.
Thanks for the update. But this means India has very low work in Brahmos which some people claim to be as less as 20% or even less... We merely changed the navigation system to Indian needs etc... some cosmetic changes and that too with russian co-operation....

Hmm

Tarun Kumar

It is a common mistake to call Brahmos a version of Yakhont or Onyx. Brahmos infact is derived from a different Russian project called PJ10 which was launched by Russia after Gulf War to imitate the Tomohauks. The aim was to create a universal cruise missile which can hit adversary from land , air and sea and sub sea as well. Russians spent 290 mill USD on this project but ran out of money . Thats where Indians stepped in and gave USD 300mn , acquired a majority stake and enhanced in PJ10s guidance. And you have brahmos. off course Russians invested that 300mn USD on a better and longer range version of PJ10 which now the world knows as Kalibre, the most powerful hypersonic cruise missile in the world and Russians are not sharing that tech with us. So India is the mother of not just Brahmos but kalibre as well. Now you know why America is desperate to eject Russians from Indian arms trade. With kalibre, Russians can a** wh**p NATO at fraction the cost of American deployment in NATO. As they say karma is a b****. Muricans for decades used Pakiland against us giving it free weapons and now inadvertently we are paying back in the same coin. Offcourse I hope our sell out Bureaucrats do not close the lucrative Russian arms partnership for few dollars and green cards.

scatterStorm

Country flag
Never-Before-Seen Footage Solves BrahMos ‘Island Test’ Mystery
@SurgicalStrike here is a little video proof for you

In April 2015, the Indian Army mysteriously withdrew a press statement made just hours before announcing that it had successfully conducted an island launch of the BrahMos Block III supersonic cruise missile from India’s island territories, the Andaman & Nicobar. Neither the Army nor BrahMos Corp. offered an explanation for why the detailed statement, accompanied by photographs of the April launch, was withdrawn. Was the test a failure? The mystery quietly dissipated, but not stands solved. First, take a look at the video above. The April 2015 test did in fact take place, and was precisely how the Army announced it. In fact, the Army conducted two more identical tests a month later in May 2015. Livefist chanced upon never-before-seen footage of these two latter tests in BrahMos Corp’s 2017 official film. Our map of the launch depicts precisely how the launch played out.

Top sources confirm that while the series of tests was fully successful, the reason the statement was withdrawn was that the tests weren’t meant to be announced publicly — certainly not as ‘extended range’ tests (BrahMos Corp recently conducted the first extended range test following India becoming signatory to the MTCR). The distance between Car Nicobar and Trak Island is well within the BrahMos Block III’s 290-km range, so the test actually wasn’t at any ‘extended range’. The other reason why the Army changed its mind about the test was environmental sensitivities that have prevailed over the use of the Andaman & Nicobar Islands for weapons tests. The use of the uninhabited Trak Island (really an atoll) for the test wouldn’t have gone down well with environmentalists (and perhaps departments within the government itself), even though a designated group of islands in the chain have been approved for such target tests.

The tests proved wholly successful though. And the footage you see here on Livefist for the first time confirms that the island strike tests went through without a hitch.
Damn that low flight mode was fast, I only felt that the yield of the blast was less. In contrast, if you would see some bunker busters AGM's they have yield in blown out proportions. Was the detonation charge kept less due to test reasons?

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Damn that low flight mode was fast, I only felt that the yield of the blast was less. In contrast, if you would see some bunker busters AGM's they have yield in blown out proportions. Was the detonation charge kept less due to test reasons?
Its going to nuke some 14 floors of underground bunkers that houses SPD and some on the other side of mountain.
Any nuke war with us SPD will be taken out first.

mahesh

Country flag
Yakhont/Bastion-P, for export version.
P-800 Oink's, for Russian use.

Bastion-P is already with Vietnam, around 40 of them.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles