Bomb kills nine Pakistani soldiers: officials

Discussion in 'Pakistan' started by sayareakd, Sep 1, 2013.

1. sayareakd

sayareakd Moderator Moderator

(AFP) – 1 hour ago
    PESHAWAR — A roadside bomb killed nine Pakistani soldiers and wounded 19 others Sunday in a restive northwestern tribal region near the Afghan border, officials said.
    The incident happened in the Boya area of North Waziristan, a stronghold of militants linked to the Taliban and Al-Qaeda.
    "At least nine soldiers embraced shahadat (martyrdom) and 19 others were injured in an explosion caused by an improvised explosive device," a senior security official told AFP.
    The bomb hit one of the vehicles in a convoy of up to 20 carrying regular soldiers and members of the paramilitary Frontier Corps to the town of Miranshah from the Datta Khel area, he said.
    Another security official confirmed the toll.
    Pakistan is battling a Taliban-led domestic insurgency that has killed thousands of civilians and security personnel since 2007.
    Troops have been fighting for years against homegrown insurgents in the tribal belt, which Washington also considers the main hub of Taliban and Al-Qaeda militants plotting attacks on the West and in Afghanistan.
    North Waziristan is frequently targeted by US drones. A drone strike on Saturday on a compound in the Heso Khel area killed at least four militants.

AFP: Bomb kills nine Pakistani soldiers: officials

gokussj9 likes this.
  3. kseeker

kseeker Retired

It seems, it was another Pakistani National Bird attack !!! Paki officials are reluctant to reveal the truth since the dead ones are their own soldiers this time.

4. datguy79

datguy79 Regular Member

The irony of Pakistani solders killed by the ammonium nitrate produced in Pakistani factories.

arnabmit and sayareakd like this.
  5. ladder

ladder Senior Member Senior Member

another one

Blast kills three troops in Pakistan - The New Indian Express

6. sayareakd

sayareakd Moderator Moderator

May be, at the end does it matter if Pakistani National bird or Pakistani National animal (its terrorists) or Pakistani biggest export (terrorists) what ever you called them, Pak is neck deep in shit of their own making.

7. kseeker

kseeker Retired

Yeah.. it doesn't matter. They are the victims of their own dirty deeds.

sayareakd likes this.
  8. mikhail

mikhail Senior Member Senior Member

R.I.P. brave soldiers for you have served your motherland with honor!Inna Lillahi wa inna illahi raji'un..[guys i would like you to remember that these men were soldiers of their country and gave their lives in the line of duty,so i think they should get the respect they deserve,after all its the soldiers who fight and sacrifice their lives for their respective countries(no matter what country they are fighting for)]!

9. vishwaprasad

vishwaprasad Regular Member

Great news.... :thumb:

after they beheaded my soldiers they lost all respect from my side....

bhramos and sayareakd like this.