BBC Poll: China, Pakistan, Germany most negative about India

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Germans are doing good business in india. Some big names here do billions of dollars of business in india. Yes they have problems with red tape, but they do get around it as they know a lot of money is there to be made in india.

Why negative view of india there is probably to do with many people knowing about indians workers there. Germans are still racist. They dont like colored people. This is what a friend of mine told me when he was there for 2 or 3 years.

Someone said here that it was may be due to india challenging it for the UNSC seat. Thats not true as india and germany form the G4 for SC expansion.

All in all, who the hell cares of who thinks what. India is growing and they all want to come to india to make money.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Since when did India became "I want to please all country" ? We were hated throughout our history by others for reasons we are proud of.

During our Independence Struggle we were despised by the Anglophiles.
Pakistanis hated us, even when we acceded to the partition.
Chinese hate us for giving refuge to Tibetans and not giving a chance to crush the rich Tibetan culture.
When we went to war to prevent a genocide of Bangladeshis - the whole muslim world and America supported Pakistan over us.
1998 Nuclear blasts antagonized the whole world.

We are self-sufficient, we are powerful and we do not waver from our ideals. If the whole world is against us, so be it.

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
Does it really matter what a pakistani or a chinese or a german has to say about our country or for that matter anyone else, be it good or bad and don't we have both the good and bad in our country. its just the way someone looks at a thing, a glass can be half empty or half full, and will these perceptions of the world change the way we live our day-to-day lives, heck it is us Indians who have changed it for the better for the past 20years or was it as good even then? The same chinese and the germans today line up to get a pie of Indian economic boom, so where did all those very negative perceptions disappear, for that matter I have had a german and a French boss in two different companies and all they wanted was job done rest made no difference to them, they are that practical with no space for emotions, why should be get emotional about what the other perceives.

This is where I appreciate the chinese, they give two hoots to the world perception, even when the world talks about the human rights, its their internal problem and it is kept like that and they keep moving ahead taking huge strides, we on the other hand are way too obsessed with anything western!

So what if someone thinks we are dirt, does it make any, seriously any difference, and if does then it reflects very poorly on the individual forming such opinions. And if people sitting in India have an issue with that should start finding another home for themselves which is away from India because they have shown at least one thing and that is they are incapable of altering the bad and we have no place for them and overseas Indians have an issue then either stop calling yourselves Indians or associating with anything Indian including our successes or get back to the country and do something about it!

Have belief in our abilities, a much higher self esteem and be more confident of a better tomorrow and work for it.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
Guys, you are all overanalyzing this!

The simple fact is that Germans are JEALOUS that India's economy has surpassed Germany's in purchasing parity terms.
List of countries by GDP (PPP) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They have a hard time believing that coloured subhumans like Indians can become more economically powerful than superior white Germans. This disbelief has simply translated to jealousy and insecurity.

Instead of wasting our time worrying about what other people think, let us be proud of our own achievments and work for a better India to provoke envy in more nations _=..i2-=

Iamanidiot

Every idiot can get sympathy but hatred and jealousy you have to earn it

Rahul92

If you people analyse history you would find that germany was never favourable to India.
I bet most of you dont agree on dark sorrows point because if u take the time of Nazis germany always supported india even the Swastika symbol was taken from vedas I think all are well aware that we both belong to aryan race:emot180:

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
none of it is of any importance - the indian population today is what the entire world population was in the 1800's, we are a world unto ourselves. What in my view IS important is that we continue to improve ourselves and keep going forward and eradicate the reality of the rampant corruption.- now that is important, not the opinions of others.

Last edited:

Daredevil

On Vacation!
Super Mod
Its strange that Germans have a negative view of India when we have no enmity or competition with Germany. So many Germans I have met never showed or expressed such view about India. There must be some mistake in this poll or it is not true representative sample of German population.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
Have you guys noticed that Turks have a mostly negative opinion of EVERY country that was surveyed?? Who exactly do they like? :emot0:

Also, more Brazilians (75%) have a negative view of Pakistan than Indians (63%), lol. Wonder why?

keshtopatel

Unlike Pakistan and China, with whom we have border disputes, and they maintain quasi official animosity against India, diplomatically Germany does have good relation with India, albeit not cordial. The poll is reflecting the pulse of general people, who are recently swayed by Markel´s conservative views against foreigners coupled with the fact that China has surpassed Germany as numero uno exporter of the world. They might be thinking its India´s number now to overtake them down the road if India´s growth hovers around 8% consistently.

Its a case of fly in the ointment as for as above matter is concerned.

Its my personal opinion that Germans are more racist than a Little Englander....

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
please any proffesional could give me a good answer, why germens hate Indians.
on what basis,
like software, the only thing we are farword then Germans, i hope.
thanks in advance.
regards.
I presume because we are more Aryan than them! :)

German girls sneak beyond the Inner Line to get impregnated by the Brogpa or Drokpa people who are said to be the purest of Aryans living. For years they have been guarding their purity by preventing inter-caste marriages that are considered dangerous for the cultural health of the race.

Of the four Aryan villages, Darchik and Garkone (Leh district) can be accessed only after a clearance from the Home Ministry. These villages fall in the inner line drawn by the Army for security purposes. They are very close to the LOC. Though now, the Inner Limit barrier has been lifted or so I learn.

The Brogpas' physical characteristics which reinforce one's belief in their pure Aryan descent. People here are taller, fairer, with high cheek bones and almond-shaped eyes.

They render their folk traditions once every three years during a special celebration in the Bona-na festival. This event is a testimony to Brogpas' rich historical antecedents which they seemingly trace from Central Rome.

Excellent dry apricots are available here.

Rahul92

A survey of reputed magazine in the year 2007 i.e on the eve of 50 yrs of independence conducted a poll on various issues in 3 countries capitals & they are Washington,London,Beijing
The question was did u India as a friendly nation
Washington-27%
London-28%
Beijing-21%
It shows our relationship with those countries
:angry_10:

Country flag
This article seems to be psy-op put out by the British to possibly prevent better India -German relations (at the expense of UK??)

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Since when did India became "I want to please all country" ? We were hated throughout our history by others for reasons we are proud of.

During our Independence Struggle we were despised by the Anglophiles.
Pakistanis hated us, even when we acceded to the partition.
Chinese hate us for giving refuge to Tibetans and not giving a chance to crush the rich Tibetan culture.
When we went to war to prevent a genocide of Bangladeshis - the whole muslim world and America supported Pakistan over us.
1998 Nuclear blasts antagonized the whole world.

We are self-sufficient, we are powerful and we do not waver from our ideals. If the whole world is against us, so be it.
I agree completely..

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
Why you dragging up 6 month old threads?
I thought this thread was very interesting, so I posted in it.

As you can see many other members also found it interesting, and also posted after I bumped the thread.

If you don't like it you can simply ignore the thread instead of posting inane comments :happy_7:

pmaitra

They stole it from us If I am not mistaken! They should be grateful for it! :p

On a serious note, wasnt it the Germans who sent in a team to submit a report on the Gujrat riots and Modi? What with their sudden India hate trip? Maybe time we talked tough, but then its the Germans, who the hell cares unless you are a Nazi Hunter=heheh :p
We must correct ourselves before we criticize others.
Of course, Germany has the right to seek to evaluate India and India has the right to deny entry to or detain persons seeking to investigate whatever happened in Gujarat. However, it is but only wise for us Indians to evaluate whatever happened. It is no doubt that the state machinery in Gujarat failed to protect it's citizens and the violence should not have happened in the first place.

However, I think we need to re-evaluate whatever happened in Gujarat.

Narendra Modi wants to industialise Gujarat. To that effect, he needs to build roads and infrastructure. For this, he needs land.

There were many religious buildings, mosques, dargahs, temples that stood in the way. He knew he couldn't demolish them all at once. So he started targeting the Muslims. The Muslims retaliated by burning down a train. Hindus retaliated with even more violence. Now that the dust has settled, Narendra Modi started demolishing temples, till he was stopped by the Sangh Parivar.

He's smart in a way that he managed to keep Hindus and Muslims uniting against the collective destruction of thier respective religious places for the sake of infrastructure. If he did, we would have had another 1857 type Hindu-Muslims unity that was triggered by rumours of pork and beef fat greased cartridges introduced into the British Indian Army (actually East India Company Army). In the end, Gujarat has become one of the most industrialised and prosperous states in India.

My humble evaluation:
Narendra Modi is not a Fundamentalist Muslim.
Narendra Modi is not a Fundamentalist Hindu.
Narendra Modi IS a Fundamentalist Industrialist.

He even has admirers among Muslims, like Abdullakutty of Kerala.

pankaj nema

Country flag
If India decides to buy Eurofighter then Germans would love India while the French would begin to hate India.
Other wise the next submarine project , project 75 I if awarded to U 214 would do the trick

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
When Lord Byron was banished from England, he said:

"If I am not fit for England, then England is not fit for me".

So, who cares who loves India or not. It is important the Indians love India themselves!

I may have many negative things to say about India, it is not because I dislike it. It is because I love India and I want it scintillating.

And when the chips are down, none dare take on India, warts and all, so long as many of us breathe the Indian air!

BREATHES there the man with soul so dead,
Who never to himself hath said,
'This is my own, my native land!'
Whose heart hath ne'er within him burn'd
As home his footsteps he hath turn'd
From wandering on a foreign strand?
If such there breathe, go, mark him well;
For him no Minstrel raptures swell;
High though his titles, proud his name,
Boundless his wealth as wish can claim;
Despite those titles, power, and pelf,
The wretch, concentred all in self,
Living, shall forfeit fair renown,
And, doubly dying, shall go down
To the vile dust from whence he sprung,
Unwept, unhonour'd, and unsung.

Last edited:

nimo_cn

Country flag
I am surprised someone revived this thread. To be honest, it is kind of boring to talk about the reasons why peopel hate you, especailly westerners are involved. One simple question, why should people please them after being looted again and again by these barbarians?

People, especailly westerners, tend to hate simply because others are different than them. In general, they hate people for no good cause.

They hate people who believe in different religion, who speak different language, who have different skin, who eat different food,etc. In a word, it is the difference which makes who you are that causes their hatred.

Hence, if you want to win their affecttion, you need to make youself one of them, which means giving up your own identity. Are you sure you want to do that?

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles