Balochistan situation is worse than Kashmir, Palestine, former CM tells Pak SC Chief Justice of Pakistan Supreme Court Iftikhar Mohammad Chaudhry directed that all 'death squads' belonging to the ISI and Pakistan Military Intelligence be abolished in Balochistan forthwith. The Chief Justice however lamented that he had issued 60 orders in 68 hearings so far to the government, but none has been implemented so far. On Thursday, the court resumed hearing onthe law and order situation in Balochistan. A three-member-bench headed by the Chief Justice resumed the hearing on a petition onthe law and order situation in Balochistan.The hearing will continue tomorrow. The court also told the chief secretary of the Balochistan to deliver Sardar Akhtar Mengalâ€™s message to federal and provincial leadership and sought from him a written reply on the issue on the next hearing. The chief justice further told the chief secretary to discuss the issue with the president, Director General (DG) of the Inter Services Intelligence (ISI) and DG Military Intelligence (MI) and to inform the court in writing as to what steps are being taken to resolve the issue. Furthermore, the chief justice said in his remarks that the missing persons would be recovered and that the court would go to any extent, if needed, to achieve the purpose. All overt and covert operations must be put to an end and the displaced Baloch should be rehabilitated, added the chief justice in his remarks. Chaudhry also said that First Information Reports (FIRs) would be lodged against those held responsible and the cases would heard in the high courts rather than the lower courts. Earlier, nationalist leader and former chief minister of Balochistan Sardar Akhtar Mengalappeared in the court to provide it with assistance on the issue. The former chief minister told the court that the issue of missing persons is very critical in the province and the roots to the problemcan be found in the 65-year political history of the province adding that every government deceived the people of Balochistan and the issue has gone beyond the control of agencies reaching foreign elements. Sardar Mengal alleged that the agencies should be held responsible for the situation in Balochistan which was worse that the situation in Kashmir and Palestine. He further said that he had appeared in the court only to discuss the missing persons issue adding that without the resolution of the missing persons issue the 65-year-old political issue cannot be resolved. The nationalist leader said that the province had undergone five military operations and no one was answerable so as to what was the fault of the innocent victims. He also claimed that during the military rule every attempt was made to suppress the political voice of the Baloch people. Mengal said that attempts are being made toeliminate the genuine leadership of the Baloch people replacing them with artificial leadership who were manufactured in factories and that federal and provincial lawmakers never visited the rural areas of the province and remained confined to the ministerial secretariat. The former chief minister further said that the nationalist leadership was being specifically targeted adding that the heirs of the late Nawab Akbar Khan Bugti were not even allowed to attend his funeral. Sardar Akhtar Mengal told the court that if anorder was issued to rehabilitate the Baloch, displaced since 10 years, then that would be a step forward. Balochistan situation is worse than Kashmir, Palestine, former CM tells Pak SC --------------------------------------------- Sticky???????