Australia is handling India badly

Discussion in 'Defence & Strategic Issues' started by Daredevil, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Daredevil

Daredevil On Vacation! Administrator

Sums up nicely about what I (and may be most Indians might) think of Australia. Certainly, India-Australia relationships were never great if not good and the author nicely puts the reasons behind such dreary relationship. Hope future leaders of both countries will bridge the gap.

3. mattster

mattster Respected Member Senior Member

Australia - big deal ???

Other than Uranium - Australia really does not have much to offer to India.

Its not like they have a huge population of consumers, or they are world-class in high-tech manufacturing or have great innovation in hi-tech. The only thing they have is lots of natural resources.

The thing that really pisses me off about Australia is that they can sell uranium to China but wont sell to India. They hide behind the NPT as their reason for not selling to India.

In 10-15 years time.....China will have developed a muscular bluewater navy which will slowly start muscling its way into South East Asia and the Malacca Straits. Then those Aussies will start to realize the benefit of engaging India.

By then India will have a much stronger economy and when they do....they should treat the Aussies just like they treat Indians today.

i am always suprised why anyone from India would go to a red-neck culture like Australia for higher education as opposed to the US or Canada or UK or even Singapore. As an Indian American, I can definitely say that the US is probably a much more welcoming place than Australia.

Maybe it has something to do with costs of education....plus their universities are not exactly top ranked either !!!