Army to consider giving permanent commission to women officers

Shilpa.Sharma

Tihar Jail
Banned
Army will consider giving permanent commission to serving Women Short Service Commission Officers in its Judge Advocate General and educational branches, Government today told the Supreme Court.

More...

pmaitra

One should be well aware of the possible consequences of joining the military, especially if the person is a woman. One should always make an informed decision:

"
War does something to you where like it just twists everything;
And like for me like I don't look the same, I don't act the same, I don't have the same mannerisms;
It's like everything has changed.
"

Last edited by a moderator:

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Army will consider giving permanent commission to serving Women Short Service Commission Officers in its Judge Advocate General and educational branches, Government today told the Supreme Court.

More...
Do female IA officers serve in branches other than JAG and educational?

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
One should be well aware of the possible consequences of joining the military, especially if the person is a woman. One should always make an informed decision:

War does something to you where like it just twists everything;
And like for me like I don't look the same, I don't act the same, I don't have the same mannerisms;
It's like everything has changed.
"
There are many female soldiers in the US Army who meet the standards (including weight). The enlistment contract does not say to women that after discharge you will find a job at the same pay scale as a male veteran.

The CBS story is a cry of victimhood and is refuted by the success of so many others.

Personally, I have recommended Army service to all my children, including my 2 daughters.

Last edited:

p2prada

Do female IA officers serve in branches other than JAG and educational?
Yes. Even as transport and helicopter pilots. Only non combat roles for women.

We have a woman Lt General too.

pmaitra

There are many female soldiers in the US Army who meet the standards (including weight). The enlistment contract does not say to women that after discharge you will find a job at the same pay scale as a male veteran.

The CBS story is a cry of victimhood and is refuted by the success of so many others.

Personally, I have recommended Army service to all my children, including my 2 daughters.
Could be. I feel for the woman. You can see that her face isn't as pretty as it was during her wedding, and could be a result of war related injuries. Her husband left her. What is she supposed to do now? She could be one of the few cases where things go horribly bad.

My point, however, remains the same. A woman should know of all the possible consequences and make an informed decision.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles