Arjun Main Battle Tank (MBT) Mark II

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
LCA may not be world class (I mean 5g class), but Arjun is world class tank, IA should have taken them in bulk, but our officers of DGMF are not interested, instead they want "Future ready combat vehicle" as per GSQR, it should have been in service with some army. Corruption at its peak. They have not even allowed any change to drdo, because what ever stupid GSQR they have come up with, DRDO has somehow made it.................. that too at shoestring budget :india:

So all corrupt applied their mind to the GSQR for Arjun tank made for "FRCV" o_Oo_O

BTW that also means that T90s/T72BU don't fulfill the GSQR for MBT for IA:crying::crying:

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
LCA may not be world class (I mean 5g class), but Arjun is world class tank, IA should have taken them in bulk, but our officers of DGMF are not interested, instead they want "Future ready combat vehicle" as per GSQR, it should have been in service with some army. Corruption at its peak. They have not even allowed any change to drdo, because what ever stupid GSQR they have come up with, DRDO has somehow made it.................. that too at shoestring budget :india:

So all corrupt applied their mind to the GSQR for Arjun tank made for "FRCV" o_Oo_O

BTW that also means that T90s/T72BU don't fulfill the GSQR for MBT for IA:crying::crying:
Since T90 is made in India due to ToT from Russia, how does it matter if Arjun tank is shelved? Also, isn't it better to delay tank induction so as to ensure that funds are not diverted from more pressing needs like Tejas?

Scorpene submarine costs 25000 crore, 6 nuclear submarine costs 50000 crore (since it is a new design). Tejas costs 60000 crore. In addition, there have been other procurements like IAC-1 etc which need heavy funds

Pandeyji

Country flag
Since T90 is made in India due to ToT from Russia, how does it matter if Arjun tank is shelved? Also, isn't it better to delay tank induction so as to ensure that funds are not diverted from more pressing needs like Tejas?
Because Arjun is simply better than T90 on all parameters? Seriously the army brass had to invent a whole new excuse to reject it.

Steven Rogers

NaPakiRoaster
Country flag

Scorpene submarine costs 25000 crore, 6 nuclear submarine costs 50000 crore (since it is a new design). Tejas costs 60000 crore. In addition, there have been other procurements like IAC-1 etc which need heavy funds
For every T90s, India pays royalties to Russia. How much we can indigenize t90s, the IP right belongs to Russia.

Sent from my Aqua Ace II using Tapatalk

Kharavela

Country flag
A wa

Arm chair Generals like you who want have a word on every matter without an iota of knowledge are plenty on this forum,So stop ranting from your arse, Dont tell me how you get up in the morning and speak to your father !!
Now coming to your BPJ point have you ever had a Armour plate on your body and tried Running for even a KM ?? I am sure not because dumbfucks like you simply rant tirelessly.

As per you what is the amount being spend on a Infantry soldier ??

GSQRS shift because tech is evolving on daily basis, The army will not wait for ages till you a desi product arrives it has to prepare itself for battle.
FYI, my younger brother was posted in Army HQ and from him I came to know about the level of corruption our Army Officers are involved in. Any damn thing procured for defence forces, top to bottom everyone want their cut. Therefore, please don't give us sermons regarding our officers being saints.

Secondly, what is the problem in accepting Arjun (Mk 1 and Mk 2 both) with all their drawbacks and gradually improving them with production batches instead of going for untested & inferior imported maal ?

Thirdly, if the idiots responsible for laying down GSQRs can't have vision for next decade and have to change GSQR on daily basis due to whatever reasons, they don't have any right to continue on that job. I firmly believe, DFI members can do a better job than those idiots.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Lol; TOT yeah Russians took money but didn't give TOT, T90 is scam, its nothing but upgraded T72, which had T72BU as its original name, after very bad performance of Gulf war where all T72m were tosted by US, Russians changed the name of tank, without side changes, upgraded gun and armor with ERA, inside more than 60% parts are same T72M.

Thats coffin with wheels, when tank is breached with anti tank weapons, since crew is sitting on ammo, slight breach will light up ammo; turret will blow inside out like Diwali cracker. Crew will hardly get time to run away.

We saw similar things in Gorgian war and now in Syria. Russians hiding their T90s. So that sale with India won't effect.

delbruky

THE VALOR OF BHAI SATI DAS 1621-1675
Country flag
Lol; TOT yeah Russians took money but didn't give TOT, T90 is scam, its nothing but upgraded T72, which had T72BU as its original name, after very bad performance of Gulf war where all T72m were tosted by US, Russians changed the name of tank, without side changes, upgraded gun and armor with ERA, inside more than 60% parts are same T72M.

Thats coffin with wheels, when tank is breached with anti tank weapons, since crew is sitting on ammo, slight breach will light up ammo; turret will blow inside out like Diwali cracker. Crew will hardly get time to run away.

We saw similar things in Gorgian war and now in Syria. Russians hiding their T90s. So that sale with India won't effect.
In my opinion Russian TOT is as big a sham as their elections. In fact TOT was the biggest ripoff pulled by russis on any country by bribing congis.

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha

TOW missile vs Syrian T90 tank:
I would not call T90 as shit. It is a decent tank.

In my opinion Russian TOT is as big a sham as their elections. In fact TOT was the biggest ripoff pulled by russis on any country by bribing congis.
Vajpayee got the ToT as India did not have capability to make a tank in early 2000s. It was definitely a good deal that helped India augment its tank fleet. I don't see ToTs as rip-offs. They will be made in house anyways and the design cost is 0 for India.

binayak95

Country flag
The T-90 was chosen because it demonstrated zero penetration after being hit by export grade Israeli APFSDS without ERA packs installed on the turret from point-blank range of 100m.

It is by no means a bad tank in itself. What made the T90 deal a shitty deal was the fact that Russians gave us no AC, no FCS, no thermal sights, no Gun tech and no ERA either.
All of this had to be procured from foreign 3rd party vendors or were subsequently developed later for the Arjun and retrofitted to the T-90.

Pandeyji

Country flag

How to identify a T90 crew member. He would be badly bruised with cuts all over the body, courtesy of the tank.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
TOW missile vs Syrian T90 tank:
I would not call T90 as shit. It is a decent tank.

Vajpayee got the ToT as India did not have capability to make a tank in early 2000s. It was definitely a good deal that helped India augment its tank fleet. I don't see ToTs as rip-offs. They will be made in house anyways and the design cost is 0 for India.

this survive as the Missile hit the hardest part of the tank, had it hit the side part, like in the T72 in Syria here

as i said earlier it would lit like Diwali rocket.

here T90S in flames

https://translate.google.co.in/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http://baodatviet.vn/quoc-phong/vu-khi/nguyen-nhan-soc-khien-kip-lai-t-90-phai-mo-cua-tai-syria-3327873/&edit-text=&act=url

here another T72B does it looks familiar

Pic is taken from this https://www.bellingcat.com/news/uk-and-europe/2015/09/22/russias-6th-tank-brigade/

this turret looks familiar to T72BU

213.jpg

see its a scam, even officers associated with IA didn't said its upgraded T72M tank, with new name T90s, its old name is T72BU.

Last edited:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
The T-90 was chosen because it demonstrated zero penetration after being hit by export grade Israeli APFSDS without ERA packs installed on the turret from point-blank range of 100m.

It is by no means a bad tank in itself. What made the T90 deal a shitty deal was the fact that Russians gave us no AC, no FCS, no thermal sights, no Gun tech and no ERA either.
All of this had to be procured from foreign 3rd party vendors or were subsequently developed later for the Arjun and retrofitted to the T-90.
you forget APU, which they said is mandatory for Arjun, without which tank has to keep its engine running even in silent mode.

That zero penetration might be because it has hit on its hardest point, which has ERA tiles.

213.jpg

but if you see side ways
213.jpg
222.jpg

it is just like old T72M, don't expect any leniency from PA anti tank teams, it will be Diwali all over.

cyclops

Country flag
this survive as the Missile hit the hardest part of the tank, had it hit the side part, like in the T72 in Syria here

here T90S in flames

https://translate.google.co.in/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http://baodatviet.vn/quoc-phong/vu-khi/nguyen-nhan-soc-khien-kip-lai-t-90-phai-mo-cua-tai-syria-3327873/&edit-text=&act=url

Pic is taken from this https://www.bellingcat.com/news/uk-and-europe/2015/09/22/russias-6th-tank-brigade/

View attachment 23921

see its a scam, even officers associated with IA didn't said its upgraded T72M tank, with new name T90s, its old name is T72BU.
My goodness, that was indeed like a diwali anaar.
That 1 tank crewman escaping was a miracle in itself.

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha

here T90S in flames

View attachment 23921

you forget APU, which they said is mandatory for Arjun, without which tank has to keep its engine running even in silent mode.

That zero penetration might be because it has hit on its hardest point, which has ERA tiles.

View attachment 23922

but if you see side ways
View attachment 23922View attachment 23923

it is just like old T72M, don't expect any leniency from PA anti tank teams, it will be Diwali all over.
@binayak95 said that 0 penetration was without ERA.

The T90 is upgraded T72. I don't see a reason why the internal design has to be altered. The improvement is in armour, engine and a few other parameters. T90 is not borne out of hatred for T72 but to enhance the ability.

In today's war, air cover plays a big role in securing safety of ground troops. It is unlikely that India will simply push tanks without air superiority.

Due to the importance of air cover, tanks can be made a bit less armoured than the Arjun tanks to increase mileage and range. That is where T90 come into play.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
I read a joke (not a d!ck...please don't take it too hard) on Quora. It went something like this:

We don't have to worry about tankies becoming tandooris in Tincan-90S.
If India-Porkistan goes into war they won't get to see any action. Most of our tanks will break down even before they reach the battlefields (if both tincans we sent to an International competition broke down, not many of the ±1400 in service can be in working condition)!

Most of Pork's tank won't even move (referring to Aloo Khalids being grounded as Pak couldn't import enough lubricant for its "indigenous tank" from Ukraine:pound:).

Even if a few somehow manage to, most of their systems (including crews) won't work in either our or their tanks due to overheating!

They'll all likely sit out the war!

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles