Arab Spring ochestrated by the west to contain Russia, China & India

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Engdahl is just another tedious talking head. Arab activists trained in Belgrade and supported by money from Bush? Please, put this guy where he won't hurt himself.

Irina is adorable, though.

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
Lol. If anything, the Arab Spring is 100% against the interests of the US in the ME, which is basically to ensure that no strong country rises up in the ME to counterbalance Israel. Why do you think the US is so anti-Iran? Iran is the only country in the ME that is capable of, and indeed does not, heed the wishes of the US. You can contrast easily the US response to the Arab Spring: They castigate Syria, they aided the murder of Gaddafi, but they continued supporting Mubarak till the very end, and they don't utter a word about Bahrain.

Basically the US is using the Arab Spring to remove the regimes that it doesn't like.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Engdahl is just another tedious talking head. Arab activists trained in Belgrade and supported by money from Bush? Please, put this guy where he won't hurt himself.

Irina is adorable, though.
There are always two sides to a coin.

The truth is somewhere in between what he's saying and what the yanks spout.

W.G.Ewald

Professional
There are always two sides to a coin.

The truth is somewhere in between what he's saying and what the yanks spout.
No doubt. I do not want to accept that Arabs are not intelligent enough to determine their own future.

Now I should go back and re-read T.E. Lawrence.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
No Western power even saw the Arab Spring starting in Tunisia. France did play a role in instigating the Libyan revolution but that is all.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
No Western power even saw the Arab Spring starting in Tunisia. France did play a role in instigating the Libyan revolution but that is all.
Yes there was no french role in others but no is saying france had any role in the first place other than in libya of course. It was an excellent move by the french and nato to fool the idiots known as the rebels and the general population of the west that they were fighting for freedom :)lol:). Its always about $$$ and strategic interests. I for one hope you pillage and loot every penny from libya because they deserve it for being idiots.

pmaitra

Yes there was no french role in others but no is saying france had any role in the first place other than in libya of course. It was an excellent move by the french and nato to fool the idiots known as the rebels and the general population of the west that they were fighting for freedom :)lol:). Its always about $$$ and strategic interests. I for one hope you pillage and loot every penny from libya because they deserve it for being idiots.
I second that. The Libyans were utter fools in the way they succumbed to their temptations. Now France must do all it can to exploit their oil. The Libyans deserve it. However, if France can at least keep the Libyans happy by starting welfare projects and keeping the current regime under check, it will be a win-win situation for all.

Gaddafi failed in one department. He was ruthless towards some of his opponents. Being a good leader means earning the love and admiration of the people. Force can earn compliance, but never love and admiration. People, on the other hand, will not take BS for too long. At one point, they will snap and rise up.

pmaitra

"Arab Spring ochastrated by the west to contain Russia, China & India"

I did not hear India being particularly mentioned. Did I miss it?

Last edited:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
"Arab Spring ochastrated by the west to contain Russia, China & India"

I did not hear India being particularly mentioned. Did I miss it?
He didn't specifically mention India but implied that energy and economic alliance from south asia all the way to russia wasn't in western interests.

pmaitra

He didn't specifically mention India but implied that energy and economic alliance from south asia all the way to russia wasn't in western interests.
I think he played it safe, himself being unsure, given the recent exchanges of diplomatic pleasantries between India and the US.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
I think he played it safe, himself being unsure, given the recent exchanges of diplomatic pleasantries between India and the US.
But the thing is that India will not bend over and act like a puppet of the west atleast until our intellectual level dwarfs to the level of the arabs.

That is one of the reasons why maintaining the democratic institution and the constitution is of prime importance.

pmaitra

But the thing is that India will not bend over and act like a puppet of the west atleast until our intellectual level dwarfs to the level of the arabs.

That is one of the reasons why maintaining the democratic institution and the constitution is of prime importance.
You never know. The Libyans, frustrated by Gaddafi and his stupid acts, took help from whoever they got without bothering about the possible consequences. The same thing could happen in India, where Indians, frustrated with rampant corruption, will rally behind anyone who promises them respite. I hope you are getting my insinuation. :D

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
You never know. The Libyans, frustrated by Gaddafi and his stupid acts, took help from whoever they got without bothering about the possible consequences. The same thing could happen in India, where Indians, frustrated with rampant corruption, will rally behind anyone who promises them respite. I hope you are getting my insinuation. :D
I know what you mean :D but some people don't see the larger game being played.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
ONly France did not see it start in its former colony! Ever an irresponsible imperialist! :rofl:

W.G.Ewald

Professional
Re: Arab Spring ochastrated by the west to contain Russia, China & Ind

Egypt imports 140,000 teargas canisters from US | Egypt Independent

In January, the Interior Ministry ordered the import of 140,000 teargas canisters from the United States at a cost of LE17 million.

Letters between Interior Ministry and Defense Ministry officials revealed that the order was made to address the country's shortage of teargas after months of violent clashes between police and protesters.

When the shipment was delayed via sea, the Defense Ministry was asked to transfer the shipment by military jet, according to a 30 January letter from Major General Osama Ismail, head of the Interior Ministry's department of information and public relations, to Staff Brigadier General Mohamed Farid Hegazy, secretary general of the Defense Ministry.

"In light of the ongoing incidents and growing need for gas bombs to deal with rioters and preserve the nation's safety, Al-Guindy Company for Imports and Exports, a representative of the US Combined System Company in Egypt, has been contracted to import 70,000 gas bombs and 70,000 long-range gas projectiles from the US to Egypt," the letter stated.

Last edited:

nrupatunga

Arab spring or whatever that is, is certainly not against west(US) interest atleast in short term. Don't know if the wahabbis turn aginst US at a later date. Currently the arab spring is firmly in control of western chelas (GCC). Baharain wasa the only place where GCC was threatened, but it was suppressed highhandedly. If the counter of mubarak is given, mubarak was thrown away because, he was going dynastic. But earlier neither nasser, anwar sadat were dynastic. Yes, protest was spontaneous, but egypt is too strategic to let go off just like that. Muslim brotherhood for all its rhetoric's can't and won't go against US. Egypt is being run on the dole given by GCC, and West. Yes, egypt will not be allowed to a "descent into chaos" scenario. More than the US, GCC can't allow this to happen.

Iran is as of now playing a loosing battle against arabs. Demographics is helping arabs, iranians are a shrinking population, whereas arabs are multiplying. Hence this nuclear posture, but getting a nuclear is a uphill task for iran. It can't go the NoKo way where let the population is treated like garbage, also one more thing is iran is much more populous than NoKo, so more mouths to feed. Turkey is another player in the region, but it looks like arabs are racing ahead of their former masters. As of now the arabs are having the lead in the arab/iranian/turk rivalry.

nrupatunga

Continuing from above.

Iran/Levant were the main cultural/politically centers of west asia, arabian peninsula came into forefront only during mohammed's time. This lasted only for 30/40 years, when again ummayyads shifted the center to damascus(levant). Even now post gulf war, when saddam(irag) was sidelined, arabia has come into prominence. Untill saddam was dominant, saudis didn't have a monopoly over the arab street. As then, even now it(arabian dominance) is causing turbulence in the greater region. Hopefully history repeats and throws the arabian philosophy of intolerating dominance back into the desert.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles