Arab Spring ochestrated by the west to contain Russia, China & India

Discussion in 'China' started by The Messiah, Nov 1, 2011.

1. The Messiah

The Messiah Bow Before Me! Elite Member

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
    Singh likes this.
  3. W.G.Ewald

W.G.Ewald Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2 Defence Professionals

Engdahl is just another tedious talking head. Arab activists trained in Belgrade and supported by money from Bush? Please, put this guy where he won't hurt himself.

Irina is adorable, though.

Razor likes this.
  4. Known_Unknown

Known_Unknown Devil's Advocate Stars and Ambassadors

Lol. If anything, the Arab Spring is 100% against the interests of the US in the ME, which is basically to ensure that no strong country rises up in the ME to counterbalance Israel. Why do you think the US is so anti-Iran? Iran is the only country in the ME that is capable of, and indeed does not, heed the wishes of the US. You can contrast easily the US response to the Arab Spring: They castigate Syria, they aided the murder of Gaddafi, but they continued supporting Mubarak till the very end, and they don't utter a word about Bahrain.

Basically the US is using the Arab Spring to remove the regimes that it doesn't like.

Razor and LurkerBaba like this.
  5. LurkerBaba

LurkerBaba Staff Administrator

+1

The Arab Spring was spontaneous. USA did not engineer it, but later hijacked it for its own interests

Razor and W.G.Ewald like this.
  6. The Messiah

There are always two sides to a coin.

The truth is somewhere in between what he's saying and what the yanks spout.

W.G.Ewald likes this.
  7. W.G.Ewald

No doubt. I do not want to accept that Arabs are not intelligent enough to determine their own future.

Now I should go back and re-read T.E. Lawrence.

8. Armand2REP

Armand2REP CHINI EXPERT Veteran Member

No Western power even saw the Arab Spring starting in Tunisia. France did play a role in instigating the Libyan revolution but that is all.

9. The Messiah

Yes there was no french role in others but no is saying france had any role in the first place other than in libya of course. It was an excellent move by the french and nato to fool the idiots known as the rebels and the general population of the west that they were fighting for freedom :)lol:). Its always about $$$ and strategic interests. I for one hope you pillage and loot every penny from libya because they deserve it for being idiots.

Armand2REP and pmaitra like this.
  10. pmaitra

pmaitra Moderator Moderator

I second that. The Libyans were utter fools in the way they succumbed to their temptations. Now France must do all it can to exploit their oil. The Libyans deserve it. However, if France can at least keep the Libyans happy by starting welfare projects and keeping the current regime under check, it will be a win-win situation for all.

Gaddafi failed in one department. He was ruthless towards some of his opponents. Being a good leader means earning the love and admiration of the people. Force can earn compliance, but never love and admiration. People, on the other hand, will not take BS for too long. At one point, they will snap and rise up.

11. pmaitra

"Arab Spring ochastrated by the west to contain Russia, China & India"

I did not hear India being particularly mentioned. Did I miss it?

Last edited: Nov 2, 2011
    Dovah likes this.
  12. The Messiah

He didn't specifically mention India but implied that energy and economic alliance from south asia all the way to russia wasn't in western interests.

13. pmaitra

I think he played it safe, himself being unsure, given the recent exchanges of diplomatic pleasantries between India and the US.

14. The Messiah

But the thing is that India will not bend over and act like a puppet of the west atleast until our intellectual level dwarfs to the level of the arabs.

That is one of the reasons why maintaining the democratic institution and the constitution is of prime importance.

pmaitra likes this.
  15. pmaitra

You never know. The Libyans, frustrated by Gaddafi and his stupid acts, took help from whoever they got without bothering about the possible consequences. The same thing could happen in India, where Indians, frustrated with rampant corruption, will rally behind anyone who promises them respite. I hope you are getting my insinuation. :D

The Messiah likes this.
  16. The Messiah

I know what you mean :D but some people don't see the larger game being played.

17. asianobserve

asianobserve Elite Member Elite Member

ONly France did not see it start in its former colony! Ever an irresponsible imperialist! :rofl:

18. W.G.Ewald

Re: Arab Spring ochastrated by the west to contain Russia, China & Ind

Egypt imports 140,000 teargas canisters from US | Egypt Independent

Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
  19. nrupatunga

nrupatunga Senior Member Senior Member

Arab spring or whatever that is, is certainly not against west(US) interest atleast in short term. Don't know if the wahabbis turn aginst US at a later date. Currently the arab spring is firmly in control of western chelas (GCC). Baharain wasa the only place where GCC was threatened, but it was suppressed highhandedly. If the counter of mubarak is given, mubarak was thrown away because, he was going dynastic. But earlier neither nasser, anwar sadat were dynastic. Yes, protest was spontaneous, but egypt is too strategic to let go off just like that. Muslim brotherhood for all its rhetoric's can't and won't go against US. Egypt is being run on the dole given by GCC, and West. Yes, egypt will not be allowed to a "descent into chaos" scenario. More than the US, GCC can't allow this to happen.

Iran is as of now playing a loosing battle against arabs. Demographics is helping arabs, iranians are a shrinking population, whereas arabs are multiplying. Hence this nuclear posture, but getting a nuclear is a uphill task for iran. It can't go the NoKo way where let the population is treated like garbage, also one more thing is iran is much more populous than NoKo, so more mouths to feed. Turkey is another player in the region, but it looks like arabs are racing ahead of their former masters. As of now the arabs are having the lead in the arab/iranian/turk rivalry.

The Messiah likes this.
  20. nrupatunga

nrupatunga Senior Member Senior Member

Continuing from above.

Iran/Levant were the main cultural/politically centers of west asia, arabian peninsula came into forefront only during mohammed's time. This lasted only for 30/40 years, when again ummayyads shifted the center to damascus(levant). Even now post gulf war, when saddam(irag) was sidelined, arabia has come into prominence. Untill saddam was dominant, saudis didn't have a monopoly over the arab street. As then, even now it(arabian dominance) is causing turbulence in the greater region. Hopefully history repeats and throws the arabian philosophy of intolerating dominance back into the desert.

The Messiah likes this.
  21. The Messiah