Anti-Naxal opt: Govt to hire over 2,000 ex-Army men for CRPF

Discussion in 'Internal Security' started by ladder, Aug 11, 2013.

1. ladder

ladder Senior Member Senior Member

Anti-Naxal opt: Govt to hire over 2,000 ex-Army men for CRPF

mikhail likes this.
  3. mikhail

mikhail Senior Member Senior Member

this is actually a very good move by the C.R.P.F.but i don't understand one thing,why the heck are they hiring these ex-service men on a contractual basis?i mean we all know that C.R.P.F. is desperately short of junior officers who can lead the jawans effectively in the field.so it would have been a saner decision if they had recruited these ex-servicemen directly in the C.R.P.F.instead of recruiting them as trainers! @Kunal Biswas sir,what's your take in this matter?

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
  4. JBH22

JBH22 Senior Member Senior Member

Good move atleast Interior Ministry realised the potential of ex-servicemen retired explosive experts, snipers from NSG, IA should be hired by States for their local SWAT teams. No loss of trained personel and these servicemen are also happy :)

5. ladder

ladder Senior Member Senior Member

May be permanent hiring may give rise to some situations in service conditions like equivalence, pay and seniority which C.R.P.F wants to avoid by giving them contractual position.
    But, I am in favor for long term contract of 10 years or more. C.R.P.F is a expanding force so, they would require the the services of The Ex-servicemen for a long time.

Not just C.R.P.F but I.T.B.P should hire ex-service men as trainers as current training and doctrine have made them to be non-aggressive and policing mentality unable to provide first reaction to Chinese incursion.

Similarly, BSF should be trained for both anti-naxal drive and for the the uncertainty post 2014.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
    Patriot and mikhail like this.
  6. Subramanian

Subramanian Regular Member

No need for any of this,just let Ranvir Sena & Salwa Judum do their job.

Naxals proxies ll come crying.