An Authoritarian Axis Rising?

Discussion in 'Defence & Strategic Issues' started by Patriot, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Patriot

Patriot Senior Member Senior Member

An Authoritarian Axis Rising?

It isn’t the “axis of evil.” But a number of authoritarian states are showing a troubling tendency to look out for each other.

[​IMG]

W.G.Ewald likes this.
  3. thakur_ritesh

thakur_ritesh Administrator Administrator

Surprising that Pakistan is not listed up in the list, at best there is a sham democracy, all handled/manhandled by their army, and rest of the things for Pakistan all match up perfectly as pointed out in the article.

It is time the US stopped seeing Pakistan as an ally, they are as much a part of this new evolving axis as others listed up and their inclusion in there would make a better argument than Venezuela's.

4. ajtr

ajtr Veteran Member Veteran Member

More than Russia or China it has always been the USA which supported authoritarian regime/military dictators all around the world.

aeroblogger, skumar7777 and Tronic like this.
  5. spikey360

spikey360 Crusader Senior Member

^^ I would have to agree with the Paki here. US is as guilty of propping up authoritarian regimes as China and Russia. And as for US brand of democracy, we've seen how good it can be. Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya all are US supported 'democracies'. Any fool would agree that Russia and China have done better for themselves being 'authoritarian' than being a democracy like those. And in any case, how democratic is US itself is a matter of bigger controversy.

6. skumar7777

skumar7777 Regular Member

First thing I have read written by you that I will agree with whole heartedly :).