AMCA - Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (HAL)

Trololo

Country flag
I think we should rope in Israel into this project early on. Their expertise in avionics and will drastically cut down the development time of the program. Also, it will give them another 5G fighter to add to their air force and reduce complete dependence on the Americans. Perhaps we can also leverage their materials tech for our own engine program as well.

lcafanboy

Country flag
I think we should rope in Israel into this project early on. Their expertise in avionics and will drastically cut down the development time of the program. Also, it will give them another 5G fighter to add to their air force and reduce complete dependence on the Americans. Perhaps we can also leverage their materials tech for our own engine program as well.
Best is 4way partner ship with India Israel France and Germany, better still if Japan too join in to make it a true global competitor to F-35.

wuzetian

Best is 4way partner ship with India Israel France and Germany, better still if Japan too join in to make it a true global competitor to F-35.
Japan has its own program which is undergoing flight testing ATX Shinshin . They won't collaborate .

France doesn't collaborate with rest of Europe in fighter jets , that's why France has Rafale program separate from Typhoon

Best is to follow Tejas model of developing your own stuff and importing where it is needed .

Israel has bought F35 and modified it with their own technology .they won't share it with anyone lest they lose the secrets.

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

nongaddarliberal

Country flag
And when exactly will AMCA be operational? 2050? I hope I'm wrong, but if they pull another arjun on us, or drag it out like Tejas, then we won't get anything before 2040. They better get serious about this and fast track everything. And for God sakes bring in the private sector. And steal/hack/reverse engineer technology if you have to, but all major components must be 100% Indian made.

Last edited:

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag
And when exactly will AMCA be operational? 2050? I hope I'm wrong, but if they pull another arjun on us, or drag it out like Tejas, then we won't get anything before 2040. They better get serious about this and fast track everything. And for God sakes bring in the private sector. And steal/hack/reverse engineer technology if you have to, but all major components must be 100% Indian made.
If INC doesn't come to power in next election you can see first prototype by 2024

Kyubi

Country flag
Most of Senior scientists at ADA have been deligated to AMCA development.. and it is progressing at a good rate.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

rudresh

Country flag
Most of Senior scientists at ADA have been deligated to AMCA development.. and it is progressing at a good rate.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
No matter how many scientists work on the project it takes time to test all the new things that are going to be in AMCA to be tested so these things which may be advanced in some cases(at least lighter or faster) should be started to test on the tejas soon..... Will help in two ways tejas may be upgraded with these systems and will be AMCA ready. Time will not be wasted.

More over tejas is a highly mature and safe platform as of now and don't require any OEM consent as it is indegeneous.

Better new things should be tested on a mature platform. Tejas Mk1a which is proposed to be lighter, needs these things to woo IAF in the carrot and stick method for Mk2.

Too much new things are not good for early induction of a new platform and it takes more time to iron out probs.

Last edited:

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
F414 may be used for initial AMCA prototypes.

We had ordered 6 of them of which 2 were received last year.
according to previous report s initially f414 will be used .....hope Kaveri will be ready soon ...an Indian fighter with an Indian engine. will be a dream come true ...

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles