AMCA - Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (HAL)

Prayash

Little old article
https://www.flightglobal.com/news/a...anced-medium-combat-aircraft-first-fl-382045/
AERO INDIA: Advanced medium combat aircraft first flight likely in 2020
New Delhi has adopted a go-slow approach for its planned Advanced Medium Combat Aircraft (AMCA), which is in the early stages of being designed by India's Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA).

"We plan on finalising the configuration by 2018, with a first flight in 2020," says an ADA representative. "The AMCA will draw from what we learn with the [Hindustan Aeronautics-built] Tejas MkI and Tejas MkII."

The 20t AMCA is envisaged as a twin-engined fighter with similar stealth characteristics to the Lockheed Martin F-35. For the first time, the ADA displayed a model of the proposed design for the future fighter at the Aero India show. Outwardly, the aircraft resembles the F-35, with twin canted tails and shaping optimised for low observability.

It will be powered by a future variant of the indigenously developed Gas Turbine Research Establishment Kaveri engine. The Kaveri was originally intended as the powerplant for the Tejas, but was detached from the programme owing to weight and performance issues.

tejas warrior

Country flag
Saurav Jha‏@SJha1618 : I am sorry, but there is no real visibility on the AMCA program. Like I said, a 'decision' is still three years away.

upload_2017-2-23_10-47-22.png

lcafanboy

Country flag
India's AMCA 5th Gen Stealth Fighter Project could be completed in 2019
Thursday, February 23, 2017
By: The Strategic Times

Source Link: CLICK HERE

We recently contacted our source in HAL who is working with AMCA project, and we asked him about the comments made by ADA Chief recently about the timeline. He said that 2025 is the timeline given which is correct but what our “so-called’ journalists forgot to mention was that 2025 was not initial year but actually was the deadline given by MoD to ADA to make AMCA operational within the force. Though he said that AMCA’s Naval variant won’t come before 2025 (prototype). But the main AMCA variant which is meant for Air-Force is definitely coming in 2019 as a prototype for it’s first flight.

ADA modified the designs of AMCA which is the final design stage.

Now ADA-HAL is making 1:1 Model of AMCA for various tests related to stealthiness which would happen before the end of this year. This test will be the final procedure of AMCA before building it’s prototype which would start from 2018.

We also tried to get status of all component’s development and we succeeded. Here’s the update of AMCA’s component’s current status:

No.~ Item ~ Status~ Since~ ETA
1~ Design ~ Done~ 2008 ~ ~2017
2 ~Stealth ~ Done~ 2010 ~ ~ 2017
3 ~Composites ~Ongoing~ 2010 ~2017
4 ~Control ~Ongoing~ 2015 ~2018
5 ~Engine ~Ongoing~ 2017 ~2020
6 ~Avionics ~Ongoing~ 2013 ~2018
7 ~Equipment ~Ongoing~ 2013 ~2018
8 ~Radar ~Ongoing~ 2015 ~2019+
9 ~Sensors ~Ongoing~ 2015 ~2018
10 ~Cockpit ~Ongoing~ 2013-14 ~2018
11 ~EW & EC ~Ongoing~ 2013-14 ~2018

http://www.defencenews.in/article/I...ter-Project-could-be-completed-in-2019-250646

Going by this article Prototype will be out by 2019 and AMCA to be inducted into the service by 2025. I say this is very good news if indeed they achieve it.

RaNGA khush hua

lcafanboy

Country flag
India's AMCA 5th Gen Stealth Fighter Project could be completed in 2019
Thursday, February 23, 2017
By: The Strategic Times

Source Link: CLICK HERE

We recently contacted our source in HAL who is working with AMCA project, and we asked him about the comments made by ADA Chief recently about the timeline. He said that 2025 is the timeline given which is correct but what our “so-called’ journalists forgot to mention was that 2025 was not initial year but actually was the deadline given by MoD to ADA to make AMCA operational within the force. Though he said that AMCA’s Naval variant won’t come before 2025 (prototype). But the main AMCA variant which is meant for Air-Force is definitely coming in 2019 as a prototype for it’s first flight.

ADA modified the designs of AMCA which is the final design stage.

Now ADA-HAL is making 1:1 Model of AMCA for various tests related to stealthiness which would happen before the end of this year. This test will be the final procedure of AMCA before building it’s prototype which would start from 2018.

We also tried to get status of all component’s development and we succeeded. Here’s the update of AMCA’s component’s current status:

No.~ Item ~ Status~ Since~ ETA
1~ Design ~ Done~ 2008 ~ ~2017
2 ~Stealth ~ Done~ 2010 ~ ~ 2017
3 ~Composites ~Ongoing~ 2010 ~2017
4 ~Control ~Ongoing~ 2015 ~2018
5 ~Engine ~Ongoing~ 2017 ~2020
6 ~Avionics ~Ongoing~ 2013 ~2018
7 ~Equipment ~Ongoing~ 2013 ~2018
8 ~Radar ~Ongoing~ 2015 ~2019+
9 ~Sensors ~Ongoing~ 2015 ~2018
10 ~Cockpit ~Ongoing~ 2013-14 ~2018
11 ~EW & EC ~Ongoing~ 2013-14 ~2018

http://www.defencenews.in/article/I...ter-Project-could-be-completed-in-2019-250646

Going by this article Prototype will be out by 2019 and AMCA to be inducted into the service by 2025. I say this is very good news if indeed they achieve it.

RaNGA khush hua:bounce:
:bounce:

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Breaking News, AMCA Project To Be Complected In 2019: Project Sources Confirm

Noida: We recently contacted our source in HAL who is working with AMCA project, and we asked him about the comments made by ADA Chief recently about the timeline. He said that 2025 is the timeline given which is correct but what our “so-called’ journalists forgot to mention was that 2025 was not initial year but actually it’s the deadline given by MoD to ADA to make AMCA operational within the force. Though he said that AMCA’s Naval variant won’t come before 2025(prototype). But the main AMCA variant which is meant for Air-Force is definitely coming in 2019 as a prototype for it’s first flight.
ADA modified the designs of AMCA which is the final design.
Now ADA-HAL is making 1:1 Model of AMCA for various tests related to stealthiness which would happen before the end of this year. This test will be the final procedure of AMCA before building it’s Prototype which would start from 2018.
We also tried to get status of all component’s development and we succeed. Here’s the update of AMCA’s component’s current status:

The Strategic Times

pruthvi24

Country flag
i don't understand why our defence acquisitions get delayed whether its bullet proof jackets rifles,or aircraft's? & who is responsible for this delay govt,bureaucracy or our Armed forces?
#myfirstpost

Akshay_Fenix

The government has changed but the people working at ADA & HAL are still the same.
2019 for AMCAs first prototype is next to impossible. Unless, Parrikar is personally breathing down their necks to highlight AMCA as his own achievement for 2019 elections then it's somewhat 10% believable.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
i don't understand why our defence acquisitions get delayed whether its bullet proof jackets rifles,or aircraft's? & who is responsible for this delay govt,bureaucracy or our Armed forces?
#myfirstpost
Introduce your self by creating a new thread!!!!
Welcome to DFI....

Wrong thread for your post......

IndianHawk

Country flag
2019 for AMCAs first prototype is next to impossible. Unless, Parrikar is personally breathing down their necks to highlight AMCA as his own achievement for 2019 elections then it's somewhat 10% believable.
That is the crux of problem. Defense In India is not an election issue not even remotely . That is why UPA could come back to power even after Mumbai attack and it's cowardly response.

The doles UPA hanged as loan waiver , mgnrega etc were more than enough to sideline national security.

wuzetian

Can HAL 's in-house Aircraft R&D centre that made the HTT-40 and is involved in LCA/AMCA replace the ADA as the primary design agency . Generally other fighter aircraft makers have in house R&D centres.

What do u guys think ?

What HAL did with HTT-40 is great while not forgetting the fiasco with IJT Sitara.

AnantS

Country flag
^ Also the above picture is intake drawing of ducted propeller powered small scale ghatak model, tested by IITB/IITK

Trinetra

Country flag

If this is true.. then HAL has really improved itself as per government agency standard and full credit to scientists.. but i have seen so many missed deadlines by HAL that its hard to believe.. But i will always be optimistic here.. as 2-3 years back i heard the engine air intake canard and composite material work werevcompleted and electronic instruments already are developed which are being used in Tejas also.. and for AMCA they need to improvise on the equipment.. thats it.. So hope for the best..

pruthvi24

Country flag
shekhar gupta did a walk the talk with HAL & ADA guys if i'm not wrong they said the delay in teajs will not happen with AMCA since they worked on cutting edge technologies and created a platform for AMCA i hope they keep there word and give India BOTH LCA and AMCA at right time

wuzetian

If this is true.. then HAL has really improved itself as per government agency standard and full credit to scientists.. but i have seen so many missed deadlines by HAL that its hard to believe.. But i will always be optimistic here.. as 2-3 years back i heard the engine air intake canard and composite material work werevcompleted and electronic instruments already are developed which are being used in Tejas also.. and for AMCA they need to improvise on the equipment.. thats it.. So hope for the best..
There are no canards in AMCA ." engine air intake canard""'

scatterStorm

Country flag
As of today, yes. But things will change fast. In fact the only reason why the current generation fighter planes limit themselves to 9g maneuvers is because that's the 'human limit'. Once you go the supersonic/hypersonic drone route then maneuverability will go really extreme!
In general drone technology is relatively new (as compared to the fighter jets); armed drones even rarer. Real UCAV is just getting developed (still not deployed yet). But there's no reason that advancements in this area wont happen quickly.
Agreed, Lockheed and Boeing are going to pitch 6th gen jets with autonoumus functionality, these jets will be UAV's with no pilot inside them, they will be produced in masses. The concept is pretty much the USP of the consol game, ace combat. The human factor will be eliminated and hence the fight in the skies will be much more deadlier, with jets capable of doing 11-12g turns or more. The deep learning algorithm onboard this mission computers will be able to learn an adapt from the enemy moves. A new frontier in the jet aviation.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles