Alternatives to Dassault Rafale

kstriya

Country flag
here is the latest from insiders in IAF and HAL thing is new PMO & DM want at least couple of squads of LCA MK1A and LCA MK1 flying till 2019 , 36 rafales and 18 more might come fully built from france talks are on for making 126 more rafales in india under make in india hence all this hokus phokus , now with russia playing games chances are rafale just might get a boost and as for yamkrican maal well 36 F-35C &18 NLCA MK2 and 2 V-22 tilt rotar based E2D/E will be seen on IAC2 with yamrican EMALS & AAG+ there will be one more vicrant type aircraft carrier which just might also have 36 NLCA MK2
I really do not see any chances for more Rafael then the current 36, F35's is another no no IMO. For a LCA stealth variant we need to setup one parallel development with AMCA so that we can use all the technology developed in LCA MK3 stealth variant and get an economically viable aircraft. I hope we do go in for another Vikrant class carrier witk NLCA as its air wing. Vishal class having emals or not but we do need E2D/E rest is very speculative. We might come up with an naval AMCA so no need of F35

guru-dutt

I really do not see any chances for more Rafael then the current 36, F35's is another no no IMO. For a LCA stealth variant we need to setup one parallel development with AMCA so that we can use all the technology developed in LCA MK3 stealth variant and get an economically viable aircraft. I hope we do go in for another Vikrant class carrier witk NLCA as its air wing. Vishal class having emals or not but we do need E2D/E rest is very speculative. We might come up with an naval AMCA so no need of F35
if we wont buy F-35C then forget EMALS, AAG and E2D/E which is what is neded to keep chinkies in there den or they will when fat lady sings run over us like hot knife thru butter

Scarface

At least we can debate it, I believe Rafael is waste of money and we should have multiple teams developing MK 2 and 3 the later being stealth and near 5th gen.
Rafale is indeed a waste of money but you can't replace a medium-heavy fighter by a light one ,strictly speaking in terms of payload.

Jangaruda

Scrapping the rafale is indeed a better choice.. I mean y shud we waste billions of dollars on a 4th gen aircraft whn we r already going to induct 5th gen fighters in the forthcoming yrs... The IAF might do like this

Mig 21 - Tejas
MIg 27,jaguars -some squadrons of Su-34 fullback aircrafts

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles