Afghan wants 150 Battle tanks and 1 Squadron of Attack choppers

p2prada

Afghan wants 150 Battle tanks and 1 Squadron of Attack choppers from India | idrw.org

Afghan wants 150 Battle tanks and 1 Squadron of Attack choppers from India

Afghanistan few months ago had given a wish list of Military equipment which it wanted from India to face Taliban post American- NATO withdraws from Afghanistan post 2014; idrw.org had hinted that Afghanistan had requested Attack choppers but other request for equipment were never revealed until now.

According to latest media reports Afghanistan have requested 150 upgraded T-72 with its ammunitions and have also requested to hand over soon to be retired Mi-35 Hind attack choppers from Indian air force to them .

Idrw.org spoke to sources in Army and they have hinted that old T-72 in Army storage (war Reserve) can be overhauled and upgraded and can be handed over to Afghanistan if Indian government clears such request but he refused to provide further information. Indian army has 2000 fleet of T-72M and T-72M1 of which older ones are in war reserve , Few hundred have been upgraded with Better engine and Modern weaponry .

Other Requests includes one An-32 Medium Transport aircraft from current IAF fleet, 120 (105 mm) field guns along with large number of 82 mm mortar rounds. List also includes 2 Dozen Mil-17 transport helicopters.

Afghanistan have also requested Military Trucks and Military Grade jeeps, and Training for their men in handling these machines in India. It is likely that Government of India will clear request for Military trucks and Jeeps and even light arms and ammunition but there seems to be a divide weather to clear other Heavy War Machinery like Battle tanks and Field guns, Indian Military planners are in favor of transfers of Battle tanks and Field guns but Government is divided, they clearly don't want to upset Pakistan.

Idrw.org spoke to Defense analyst who said that Afghans have prepared their wish list keeping in mind their need and Soviet equipment's which India already possesses and can provide to them , Ball is clearly in India's court now , and it will be interesting to see if Indian Government bites the Bullet and Provides Equipment's to Afghans .
We have a dumbass govt.

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
Give them what they want!

Wait a sec our shameless corrupt weak govt. lead by chor-elites is scared that pakistan may get upset? What will become of India if con party comes back to power!

jmj_overlord

what a shame to lose all the wonderful opportunities by this spineless govt...........is the govt determined to offend every good relations

mehrotraprince

Country flag
Give them what they want!

Wait a sec our shameless corrupt weak govt. lead by chor-elites is scared that pakistan may get upset? What will become of India if con party comes back to power!
I completely disagree.

We should only provide Military trucks and Jeeps and even light arms and ammunition which they have requested.

We should learn from our neighbor's especially China, there is always a way around ;). Why we need to announce everything to the media? let Talibani support guess what thay are against..........let them face surprises every day they try to destabilize Afghanistan and use it as their Jehadi background.

maomao

Country flag
I completely disagree.

We should only provide Military trucks and Jeeps and even light arms and ammunition which they have requested.

We should learn from our neighbor's especially China, there is always a way around ;). Why we need to announce everything to the media? let Talibani support guess what thay are against..........let them face surprises every day they try to destabilize Afghanistan and use it as their Jehadi background.
Boss, Afghan Taliban is pro pakistan atleast the Haqqani and Hikmatayar gangs.....We are here talking about funding, arming and equipping ANA which is nationalistic to the core and anti-pakistan! Hence, our shameless Con party lead GOI is running scared! We need to strengthen ANA if that does not happen then AFG will become Taliban laboratory (again) aka paki training ground!

Our priorities are really screwed up, all thanks to our dumb PM and his obtuse cabinet advised by the coterie! We have had a disastrous foreign policy because of this PM's spinelessness and NAC (headed by illiterate Antonia) regular medling in each and every decision!

mehrotraprince

Country flag
Boss, Afghan Taliban is pro pakistan atleast the Haqqani and Hikmatayar gangs.....We are here talking about funding, arming and equipping ANA which is nationalistic to the core and anti-pakistan! Hence, our shameless Con party lead GOI is running scared! We need to strengthen ANA if that does not happen then AFG will become Taliban laboratory (again) aka paki training ground!

Our priorities are really screwed up, all thanks to our dumb PM and his obtuse cabinet advised by the coterie! We have had a disastrous foreign policy because of this PM's spinelessness and NAC (headed by illiterate Antonia) regular medling in each and every decision!
Yes I know, I too support ANA but in real military strategy its always good to let your enemy guessing whom they are fighting and against what equipments. That is why I said there is always a second route, arm them but never acknowledge it, keep them guessing what equipments we are giving to ANA, that will create more problems for them, since if we publish these things openly then they will prepare countermeasures in advance.

We use many military equipments which is of Russian or Soviet Union origin........not only us but many other countries too use them.........who knows who is transferring what equipment and in what quantity to ANA.

Hopefully with new government at center things will change, its not just you alone but majority of people are waiting for next elections........skewed economic policies, skewed foreign policies, corruption....... nothing is left to count.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Guys first lets get regular sea-rail-road link to Afghan from Iran that is first step once that is happen we can send just about anything to them. Plus Afghan then dont have to dependon Pakis on everything.

In coming days when US leave Afghan we will get busy. So lets have some room to get max in return from Afghan (talking about black ops and other facilities).

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
And how do you think we will secretly send them tanks and helos? By boring a tunnel under Pakistan all the way to afghan?

Yes I know, I too support ANA but in real military strategy its always good to let your enemy guessing whom they are fighting and against what equipments. That is why I said there is always a second route, arm them but never acknowledge it, keep them guessing what equipments we are giving to ANA, that will create more problems for them, since if we publish these things openly then they will prepare countermeasures in advance.

We use many military equipments which is of Russian or Soviet Union origin........not only us but many other countries too use them.........who knows who is transferring what equipment and in what quantity to ANA.

Hopefully with new government at center things will change, its not just you alone but majority of people are waiting for next elections........skewed economic policies, skewed foreign policies, corruption....... nothing is left to count.

rock127

Maulana Rockullah
Country flag
Afghanistan have also requested Military Trucks and Military Grade jeeps, and Training for their men in handling these machines in India. It is likely that Government of India will clear request for Military trucks and Jeeps and even light arms and ammunition but there seems to be a divide weather to clear other Heavy War Machinery like Battle tanks and Field guns, Indian Military planners are in favor of transfers of Battle tanks and Field guns but Government is divided, they clearly don't want to upset Pakistan.
WOW and did the new daddy(China) of Pakis think twice about giving weapons to Paki the Terrorists???

Why is India so much concerned for a country of Terrorists ka Pakistan which is openly supporting world terrorism??? :confused:

We don't even share border with AFG so why not give them something which can make Pakis sweat? Let's Sandwich Pakis between India and AFG.

Afgans are sick and tired of Pakis treating them as their colony.Let us help AFG to regain what belong to them ie. Freedom and Greater AFG which Pakis are occupying illegally.AFG used to be a much better country but Pakis ruined it and destroyed generations of Afgans.

Last edited:

Dovah

Untermensch
Country flag
I also want an attack helicopter and a submarine. Would Indian government put the request of a foreign country over one of its own citizen? Outrageous!!!!

Also, toilets and poor people. Checkmate atheists.

maomao

Country flag
I also want an attack helicopter and a submarine. Would Indian government put the request of a foreign country over one of its own citizen? Outrageous!!!!

Also, toilets and poor people. Checkmate atheists.
You may not get a heli or a Sub but I guess you do deserve a door-less and an open air Sundas from our GOI! :rofl::rofl:

Last edited:

Blackwater

instead of asking T-72 and MI-35 from India.

Afghanistan should request to NATO for their stuff after they leave. their German leopard, french AMX ,British centurion tanks and choppers are better in quality and taste

mehrotraprince

Country flag
And how do you think we will secretly send them tanks and helos? By boring a tunnel under Pakistan all the way to afghan?
There is country called Tajakistan and also a country called Iran..........one has airport and other just port(sea). For light items use airlift and for heavy use sea route. We never invested in Chabahar and airbase at Tajakistan just for parking our ships, aircraft's or helicopters.

Immanuel

Country flag
I think 150 Indian made Arjun Mk-1s and a squadron of heavily armed Rudras should be sold to Afghan. I think Dhruv should make its debut in Afghan. I think eventually down the line I can see Tejas in Afghan colors too

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
There is country called Tajakistan and also a country called Iran..........one has airport and other just port(sea). For light items use airlift and for heavy use sea route. We never invested in Chabahar and airbase at Tajakistan just for parking our ships, aircraft's or helicopters.
By the time GoI wakes up Chabahar would have gone to the chinese.

Tajakistan would do only what Russia want's them to do.

Decklander

IMHO GOI must go all out to supply this equipment as USA is not leaving Afganistan and going to maintain a strong force in Afganistan with air assets. this means that Pak will have to fight USA and not ISAF if they try what they did after the withdrawal of soviets. Also this time the US forces will stay put after nod from Loyal Jirga who command afganistan. India has nothing to loose but pakistan looses all.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
India should wait how the wind blows and then give what has to be given.

If after the ISAF leaves and the Taliban somehow takes over and we had prematurely handed over, then we would have handed over 150 tanks and Hind to the surrogate of Pakistan, and in case of a conflict with Pakistan, we would have donated the same to be used against us.

I wonder if the US will leave lock stock and barrel.

If they don't and they have some tangible presence, then that is a different matter.

Last edited:

Decklander

India should wait how the wind blows and then give what has to be given.

If after the ISAF leaves and the Taliban somehow takes over and we had prematurely handed over, then we would have handed over 150 tanks and Hind to the surrogate of Pakistan, and in case of a conflict with Pakistan, we would have donated the same to be used against us.

I wonder if the US will leave lock stock and barrel.

If they don't and they have some tangible presence, then that is a different matter.
Sir, Americans are not leaving Afgan at all. They are going to stay put for nearly a decade. ISAF is withdrawing and not US forces.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles