Afghan President Hamid Karzai's baby girl born in Gurgaon hospital

Srinivas_K

Country flag
Afghan President Hamid Karzai's baby girl born in Gurgaon hospital
GURGAON: Afghanistan President Hamid Karzai made a brief visit to Gurgaon on Wednesday to meet his wife and newborn daughter at the Fortis Memorial Research Institute.

The child was born on Tuesday morning. "The baby girl was born around 9.30 am on Tuesday. Both the mother and her baby daughter are doing quite well," Afghanistan's ambassador to India, Shaida Mohammad Abdali, said in an emailed response to TOI.

Abdali said the president paid a very short visit to the hospital during his brief transit stay in New Delhi before going to Colombo on Wednesday. "Both the president and the first lady enjoyed a few moments together with their newly born baby-daughter," the ambassador added in his email.

There was no official statement from the hospital. Sources said Karzai's wife was admitted to the hospital earlier this week. She was accompanied by her family members and relatives. The sources said Karzai stayed with the family for around 20 minutes. The first lady is likely to be discharged by Friday evening, the sources added.

On choosing Gurgaon as the place for the delivery of their third child, Abdali said, "The president's two other beautiful children were born in Afghanistan. In this case, however, due to some predictable medical complication, the specialized doctor in Afghanistan advised that the baby be delivered in India given the availability of specialized medical facilities and personnel."

Abdali thanked New Delhi for its support. "We're thankful to the hospital's excellent medical staff for their superb services, as well as to the hospital's management team. And we're grateful to the Indian government for their continued support with everything, including facilitating the hospitalization process."

Afghan President Hamid Karzai's baby girl born in Gurgaon hospital - The Times of India

Kshatriya87

Country flag
what world are you living in ?

leading hospital in the capital has afghan translators on its payroll!
Didn't know man. Sorry. I knew about others coming here, not afghanis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag

not only that in some parts of Delhi you can see Medical stores in the Afghan language, when ever i go to Saket court, i see these Medical stores near Saket hospitals. Even some of the shops have Afghans workers.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
not only that in some parts of Delhi you can see Medical stores in the Afghan language, when ever i go to Saket court, i see these Medical stores near Saket hospitals. Even some of the shops have Afghans workers.
There's a good afghani restaurant there...staff are afghans and food is authentic and cheap.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
A long tradition of friendly people to people ties india shares with afghan people. Its genuine and it shows.

Blackwater

afghan people are close to india ,especially karzai who studied in shimla and has close ties with new delhi personally and politcally.

no wonder he prefer india than anyother place for his wife delivery

angeldude13

Lestat De Lioncourt
Country flag

Even discos are filled with afghani people and every disc in Delhi/NCR play those sh8tty Afghani songs :----:

Congrats Mrs and Mr krzai

ninja85

and now after pakibeggars afgani running to india,ab kya afgani bhi yaha ghusne lag gaye. :mad:

Abhijeet Dey

Country flag
Citizenship by birth

Any person born in India on or after 26 January 1950, but prior to the commencement of the 1986 Act on 1 July 1987, is a citizen of India by birth. A person born in India on or after 1 July 1987 is a citizen of India if either parent was a citizen of India at the time of the birth. Those born in India on or after 3 December 2004 are considered citizens of India only if both of their parents are citizens of India or if one parent is a citizen of India and the other is not an illegal migrant at the time of their birth.

Source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_nationality_law

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles