ADA Tejas (LCA) News and Discussions

Which role suits LCA 'Tejas' more than others from following options?

• Interceptor-Defend Skies from Intruders.

Votes: 342 51.3%
  • Airsuperiority-Complete control of the skies.

Votes: 17 2.5%
  • Strike-Attack deep into enemy zone.

Votes: 24 3.6%
  • Multirole-Perform multiple roles.

Votes: 284 42.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

WolfPack86

Country flag
I have not shifted anything from Rafale thread, I rather copy the post then move them entirely ..

FOC by mid-2018, Realistically by December 2018.
It's all right Kunal Biswas bhai i just asked it seems like i deleted Rafale pictures book mark by mistake. Tejas FOC should have been completed in october 2018 rather than december 2018. December 2018 is very long.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

The Beautiful Dance For the Full Album: FB.com/Tejas.LCA Visualization is common with pilots who fly precision flights, such as aerobatics. They not only go through the flight in their minds. They also actually walk through their performance in what can become a beautiful dance. Commodore Jaideep Maolankar (Indian Navy), one of the Chief Test Pilots at National Flight Test Centre of the Tejas Programme who is also one of India's Most Experienced Test Pilot goes through his usual routine before embarking.

john70

Country flag
E8C763DC-3F70-4E5B-9F4B-93722B715066.jpeg
More news about SP-7

http://idrw.org/lca-tejas-sp-7-carries-out-its-maiden-flight/

The Seventh Series Production Tejas aircraft today carried out its first maiden flight from Hindustan Aeronautics Limited facility in Bangalore successfully.

As per company policy, each aircraft carries out initial few flights by test pilots later the aircraft will be transferred to IAF’s Flying Daggers which is the first LCA-Tejas Squadron. LCA-Tejas-SP-6 had completed its first flight in the month of July since then HAL was not able to keep pace with schedule delivery and SP-5 which was first aircraft coming out of second production line is yet to make its maiden flight due to technical glitches.

HAL till now has delivered Tejas-SP1, SP2, SP3, SP4 and SP6 and was committed to deliver six more planes by end of March 2018. With SP-7 completing its maiden flight and SP-5’s technical issues been sorted out HAL is also making efforts to get SP-8 in the air by end of 2017 or in early 2018. SP-9, SP-10 and SP-11 are already in various stages of the assembly and HAL officials are confident that all three remaining aircraft will be transferred by end of March 2018 and last of the aircraft will complete its maiden trial by early March.

45 squadron (Flying Daggers) of the Indian Air Force (IAF) also recently successfully completed first simulated night attack demonstration of the aircraft which was done to test the ability to carry out ground strikes in the cover of darkness.

idrw.org .Read more at India No 1 Defence News Website http://idrw.org/lca-tejas-sp-7-carries-out-its-maiden-flight/ .

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Quality and quantity both are essential, War plane necessarily don`t have to be best in looks but should work where it must, this is where quality manufacturing comes ..

Wishing for an industrial approach to lca. Great nations have great industries. America didn't win world war 2 on the basis of quality but on quantity.

torque456

There is no absolute interceptor plane. Tejas is a multirole plane, not an interceptor. No need to mistake Tejas as just a MiG21 replacement. It is a media hype.

Being shirt sighted like this will cost huge money and give no long term advantage. We need a plane to satisfy an objective, not just exist to soothe your mind. If it takes some more years, then so be it.

India doesn't have excess money to spend lavishly. We have to adjust our expenses and forex to balance the needs of today and tomorrow. For this, we need a plane with indigenous engine and upgradable design lie MK2.

I never said that small plane is a waste. Even Tejas MK2 is small and single engine. But, too small Tejas MK1A is less useful. 130 is a big enough numbers for the time being. We ordered only 36 Rafale over 7 years and 272 Su30 over 19 years if you remember. Comparatively, 130 Tejas for 8 years is a decent number.
Tejas is multirole with limited combat range as intended. It will still be under radar coverage
Quality and quantity both are essential, War plane necessarily don`t have to be best in looks but should work where it must, this is where quality manufacturing comes ..
I believe we have created a good product and we need to stop looking for the next best thing and get our hands dirty now. India is not USA to afford 2000 stealthy planes. Tejas will serve us well easily for the next three decades.

AMCA and XYZ plane can form tip of the spear. Even for conflicts Tejas would be better than good enough.

I am not privy to anything too damning for Tejas to not be inducted in 10+ squadrons. Later variants can fill remaining gap.

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
Tejas is multirole with limited combat range as intended. It will still be under radar coverage

I believe we have created a good product and we need to stop looking for the next best thing and get our hands dirty now. India is not USA to afford 2000 stealthy planes. Tejas will serve us well easily for the next three decades.

AMCA and XYZ plane can form tip of the spear. Even for conflicts Tejas would be better than good enough.

I am not privy to anything too damning for Tejas to not be inducted in 10+ squadrons. Later variants can fill remaining gap.
If you are getting planes to satisfy your sense of ego, then you are the worst strategist. Just keep quiet.

Planes are to be made for a purpose. The purpose here is to finish things off once and for all. For this Tejas MK2 is needed.

We don't need planes with limited range but planes with longer range and to get meaningful results

WolfPack86

Country flag
For the first time i appreciate HAL for this developing of sp 7 tejas so fast that i hope HAL will manage to pull miracle so that Indian Air Force will order more tejas.

darshan978

Darth Vader
Country flag
Currently we have produced total 8 LSP aicraft and 6SP series planes and few prototypes
Now whats the pupose of LSP planes??
will it be inducted in iaf?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles