ADA Tejas (LCA) News and Discussions

Which role suits LCA 'Tejas' more than others from following options?

• Interceptor-Defend Skies from Intruders.

Votes: 342 51.3%
  • Airsuperiority-Complete control of the skies.

Votes: 17 2.5%
  • Strike-Attack deep into enemy zone.

Votes: 24 3.6%
  • Multirole-Perform multiple roles.

Votes: 284 42.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tejas warrior

Country flag
IIRC, they aborted the last BVRAAM test because of excessive vibration above mach 0.8. Has this been rectified, or was there no such issue? @tejas warrior
Vibration issue is above mach 0.9 for Python-5 CCM

Python-5 CCM are mounted on Outer most pylons.

It may OR may not have been Fixed till now - No Updates. But, Tejas-LCA Facebook Admin says "That is something the OEM needs to address" when asked about this problem.

However, this test was for Derby BVR.

sbm

Country flag
Wait Kunal. Are you sure that was a Derby ER? I know that the Derby ER is planned for Tejas but was this a Derby ER?

tejas warrior

Country flag
Wait Kunal. Are you sure that was a Derby ER? I know that the Derby ER is planned for Tejas but was this a Derby ER?
It was Derby.

Israel based Rafael Advanced Defense Systems, the manufacturer of Derby, is offering India I Derby-ER, which is an extended range version of the current missile. Derby-ER, which was revealed during Aero India-2015, will be capable of striking aerial targets as far as a 100 KMS away with pin point accuracy. The missile is being actively considered by India to arm the under development Tejas Mark-1A aircraft.

http://defenceupdate.in/firing-derb...dily-throttles-towards-foc-certification/amp/

sbm

Country flag
That's what I thought. I think Derby ER is planned for Tejas but not tested in this round.

sbm

Country flag
Derby ER is confirmed as planned. Integration of Astra may be awkward as it uses a Russian seeker and slaving that to the Elta radar may take time.

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
Derby ER is confirmed as planned. Integration of Astra may be awkward as it uses a Russian seeker and slaving that to the Elta radar may take time.
DRDO’s first indigenously developed Ku-band seeker for Country’s first Beyond Visual Range Air-to-Air Missile ” Astra ” has successfully carried out integrated Captive fight trials from Astra Missile.
Research Centre Imarat, Hyderabad, developed Ku-band seeker for Astra missile is a scaled down version of an existing active radar seeker developed by DRDO.

abingdonboy

Country flag

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
There is an tender, HAL isn't in exclusive talk with anyone just yet, least of all SAAB.
Yup, HAL floated a tender for AESA & EW in Dec'16. But after AI'17 , Saab in touch with HAL for EW.
But still there is no confirmatory dialogue in this case.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Yup, HAL floated a tender for AESA & EW in Dec'16. But after AI'17 , Saab in touch with HAL for EW.
But still there is no confirmatory dialogue in this case.
Like I said bro-it's an open tender, SAAB doesn't have any special status, it will compete just like everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles