ADA Tejas (LCA) News and Discussions

Which role suits LCA 'Tejas' more than others from following options?

• Interceptor-Defend Skies from Intruders.

Votes: 342 51.3%
  • Airsuperiority-Complete control of the skies.

Votes: 17 2.5%
  • Strike-Attack deep into enemy zone.

Votes: 24 3.6%
  • Multirole-Perform multiple roles.

Votes: 284 42.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Abhishek Shrivastava

LSP8 is grounded now since almost 1 year. We are still waiting for IFR trails in March. Such a lazy approch by HAL/ADA. I would say some time sooner or later IAF also will say "RIP Tejas we will take other aircraft from xyz vendor"

wuzetian

LSP8 is grounded now since almost 1 year. We are still waiting for IFR trails in March. Such a lazy approch by HAL/ADA. I would say some time sooner or later IAF also will say "RIP Tejas we will take other aircraft from xyz vendor"
No they can't do so now . 83 aircraft have been ordered . Hal will be made to work by Parrikar to deliver the results.

kstriya

Country flag
For IAF it was MK1A variant of Tejas that made them to accept the fighter in substantial number. For Navy I think DM will come out with a MK3 or MK2A formula, we can guess it to have near 5th generation qualities. Wishful thinking

Defcon 1

Country flag
As we wait for updated and quickly churned out Tejas', HAL has silently increased the Dhruv rate at 30 per year. I hope we get this rate for all the HAL series.
That was always the planned production rate for Dhruv. For LCA, planned production rate is 16 per annum.

Filtercoffee

Country flag
That was always the planned production rate for Dhruv. For LCA, planned production rate is 16 per annum.
It can be increased, I just hope personally. Knowing the general public, they will eat up the Hal engineers if they don't know actual details.

Defcon 1

Country flag
It can be increased, I just hope personally. Knowing the general public, they will eat up the Hal engineers if they don't know actual details.
As I have said on this thread before, this production rate is good for the given number of orders. Any increase in production has be commensurate with increase in total orders for LCA. And if navy goes for some other aircraft and not NLCA, as hinted by CNS few days back, the projected orders for LCA may actually decrease from 160 to 120, instead of increasing.

Pulkit

Satyameva Jayate "Truth Alone Triumphs"
Country flag
It's very difficult to defend ADA and DRDO and HAL engineers employees today when it comes to Tejas....

Filtercoffee

Country flag
As I have said on this thread before, this production rate is good for the given number of orders. Any increase in production has be commensurate with increase in total orders for LCA. And if navy goes for some other aircraft and not NLCA, as hinted by CNS few days back, the projected orders for LCA may actually decrease from 160 to 120, instead of increasing.
What is the ideal number of inductions for Tejas? What if the Navy doesn't get Vishal on time and has to deal with STOBAR carriers?

Filtercoffee

Country flag
Personally I think we are a little ahead of our selves thinking we need a French aircraft for the Navy. Nothing personal but Tejas is great for all roles needed.

Swordfish1979

This is my first post in this forum so kindly excuse me if I do write anything out of the line.

I think its important for us as nation to invest in Tejas and keep developing it. The first lot of MK1A and the initial version should be inducted quickly. what this will do is to understand the used case scenario and will get feedback from the pilots. Based on which we can keep on improving our jet and also can be used for any future development of any other fighter. Its important that we must get self reliance on building fighter aircraft and keep an ration of 70:30, 70% home grown and 30 % import. I know its wishful thinking but that should be our approach.

Pulkit

Satyameva Jayate "Truth Alone Triumphs"
Country flag
This is my first post in this forum so kindly excuse me if I do write anything out of the line.

I think its important for us as nation to invest in Tejas and keep developing it. The first lot of MK1A and the initial version should be inducted quickly. what this will do is to understand the used case scenario and will get feedback from the pilots. Based on which we can keep on improving our jet and also can be used for any future development of any other fighter. Its important that we must get self reliance on building fighter aircraft and keep an ration of 70:30, 70% home grown and 30 % import. I know its wishful thinking but that should be our approach.
Welcome to the DFI.

Yes it is important to Keep investing in Tejas .

Tejas MK1A is the HAL's proposed improved version of Tejas which will be available only after 2021 .
By 2021 we will have 20 IOC and 20 FOC standard Tejas Already being inducted in IAF and pilots operating them will surely share there feed backs.

The Feed backs from the test pilots were already taken and worked upon.

As you said that the 70 30 ratio will be an optimum ratio I will agree to that as not everything can be home grown but we must make maximum out of it.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Have a look at this news item for sake of IFR testing. As of now Phase one test is being carried on.

The second phase will see actual contact with the fuel transferring systems of tanker with the in-flight refuelling probe of LCA-Tejas aircraft but no fuel transfer will actually take place , tests will be repeated till it achieves 2-5 minutes in contact with tanker which is actual fuel transfer time usually taken by tanker to pump fuel into a fighter jet. Wet runs trials will be followed after completion of Dry run trials where actual fuel transfer will take place which may happen only in next year .
http://idrw.org/in-flight-refuelling-probe-testing-to-begin-soon-on-lca-tejas/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles