ADA Tejas Mark-II/Medium Weight Fighter

Jagdish58

Hello all, its been a very long time.

As I am not able to find any good images, blueprints or drawings regarding LCA MK2, I ended up modeling my version......

(I am actually modeling LCA MK1 and this MK2 is using the dimension of LCA MK1).

I greatly welcome any comments on improving the LCA MK2 design that I have uploaded.

Really cool pics , single engine twin fin awesome with stealth characteristics

How about adding levcon since it will help in high angle of attack with better airflow , quick stall recovery , stability while slow landing speed on deck

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
The AESA radar is still a prototype, The picture taken during 2015 aero India by @rahulrds1

He can say much abt this as he attended the show and talk to the officials at stalls ..

Is this the production variant of UTTAM??? If so, we could plan its incorporation in SAM too as its days with LCA is nowhere near.

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
Yes I did. And that is why I say that the MK2 is outdated. The MK 1A/P is more than enough to meet the needs. The resources poured into MK2 and the MK3 can be given to AMCA to fast track the process. If required the LCA Navy can be converted into an airforce variant just like the Rafale program. We need medium weight category aircraft to go on the offensive.
The range of tejs mk2 will be at the maximum 30% less than the range of any IAF fighter leaving Su-30 MKI , What makes you think that all the chinese bases are in that exact range , i.e the 30% band that is just outside of tejas mk2??

What makes you think that there are no worthwhile targets that fall with in the 500 Km combat radius of tejas mk2 in china & pak border?

Most of the IA operation will be within the 500 Km combat radius of Tejas mk2.

And all chinese bases which are heavily defended will be attacked mostly with missiles , not manned fighters in any future war, is my idea,

China is not Libya , so that we can fly for hours unchallenged and look for stray tanks like the french did.

On the contrary IAF has to do so much heavy lifting just stopping PAF crossing our border, where the cost effective lowest RCS tejas mk2 with 100 plus Km BVR range missile will be the crucial spoke of the wheel.

This strategy of indian thinkers to fly deep into Tibet with SU-30 MKI & rafale like the US & French are doing in middle east is unrealistic.

These planes can be used to maintain our strangle hold over indian ocean, risking them by flying inot Tibet where a state of the art anti aircraft system in place with 1000s of PLAF interceptors waiting is a suicidal strategy.

Which fighter will IAf use to take out bases that are just beyond the range of Su-30 MKI??

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
What we need to do in LCA is to relentlessly work on weigh reduction and aerodynamic improvement. Plane shall keep improving. I foresee a great potential in navy MK2 and its derivative of Airforce. It will definitely be equivalent to Gripen NG or even better as it will be light weigh and will have more powerful engine. It will have huge amount of fuel and it will be able to fly to a long distance with a huge amount of load. It will be a MMRCA with single engine and it will relieve MKI from many roles. If we can add some more stealth I am sure we will) , it will be great. We must get them by 2025.

Alok Arya

Country flag
Can any one compare mark one vs two in term of composite use by weight as well as by surface . Any what stealthy features intended to be incorporated in mark two .

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Mk2 shall be 0.5 M longer and this space shall be utilized for putting additional fuel which will be 1 ton. This must give tejas atleast 40% rise in range which is 1700 KM at present. New range shall turn out to be 1700 KM +700 KM = 2400 KM atleast. This is a very decent range.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
Mk2 shall be 0.5 M longer and this space shall be utilized for putting additional fuel which will be 1 ton. This must give tejas atleast 40% rise in range which is 1700 KM at present. New range shall turn out to be 1700 KM +700 KM = 2400 KM atleast. This is a very decent range.
You forget a heavier plane has a higher consumption.
and maybe another and slightly bigger and thirsty engine.
So your range figure seems optimistic.

tejas warrior

Country flag
Good news. But it will coincide with Mk1A development.
Mk2 is all new plateform with new fuselage and engine. 2018 not looks a realistic year for tyre requirement.
Something fishy..
No, these RFQs are for Tejas Mk2.

First prototype will be made in 2018-2019.. followed by 2 more.

Prototype development & Flight testing will be running till 2024-2025.

By this time, MK1-A production will be running.

HAL will be running MK1-A project and AESA will be supplied (&fitted) by foreign companies along with EW suite.

Cutting Edge

No, these RFQs are for Tejas Mk2.

First prototype will be made in 2018-2019.. followed by 2 more.

Prototype development & Flight testing will be running till 2024-2025.

By this time, MK1-A production will be running.

HAL will be running MK1-A project and AESA will be supplied (&fitted) by foreign companies along with EW suite.
This is a fantastic news.:drool: 2016 has been great year for indigenous defence tech. First news about revival of Kaveri then Agni 5 tests and now tejas mk 2 development. :bounce:Except for failure of Nirbhay everything else rocked.:) A great way to end 2016:india:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles