A Request and A Warning : Please don't copy our content.

Discussion in 'Announcements & Feedback' started by Singh, Feb 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Singh

Singh Phat Cat Administrator

Guests and Members,

It has come to our notice, our content is being replicated on another fora.

We request those who are doing whether inadvertently or inadvertently that it is against the law. We urge them to cease and desist from doing so.

We are also giving a public warning, as required, to those website owners hosting plagiarized content to immediately take down all copied content forthwith. Failure to comply will result in us taking appropriate measures.

Regards
    DFI Staff

ejazr, Blackwater, W.G.Ewald and 6 others like this.
  3. W.G.Ewald

W.G.Ewald Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2 Defence Professionals

Could an exception be made for some of the jokes? :-D

Nagraj likes this.
  4. Daredevil

Daredevil On Vacation! Administrator

Jokes are fine I guess.

But some members and guests are copying the thread titles and unique content within and posting on other foras. This is directed at them and the owners of those fora who encourage such plagiarizing/stealing of contents.

5. JayATL

JayATL Senior Member Senior Member

really, 99% of forums like these copy articles off other sources . 99.99% of threads here are copy and paste of articles journalist have taken time to write for their publications and gets pasted not just here ,but every forum that engages in hot topics.

what kind of articles are you guys claiming that are being copied that is beyond the pale or are infringements? I just found the thread a bit weird.

ALBY and Godless-Kafir like this.
  6. Param

Param Senior Member Senior Member

Can someone post a screen shot of such plagiarized stuff?

SPIEZ likes this.
  7. Blackwater

Blackwater Veteran Member Veteran Member

yes hume bhi pata chale, kon maha-puruh ha?????

8. Yusuf

Yusuf GUARDIAN Administrator

Jay, due credit is given to articles sourced which starts or assists in debates/discussion. But the individual members posts is property of DFI and for its own members. Other forums are free to link us as source for any content they use from DFI.

W.G.Ewald likes this.
  9. Yusuf

Yusuf GUARDIAN Administrator

We don't need to provide screen shots and give content thieves any publicity.

10. Daredevil

Daredevil On Vacation! Administrator

The content plagiarized we are talking about is unique to DFI. So we protect it.

Many of us here do copy paste many articles but we leave a link to the source. And if some one asks us to take it down, we take it down. As simple as that.

W.G.Ewald likes this.
  11. sayareakd

sayareakd Moderator Moderator

It is also copy of right of the person who is posting it, provided it is from his own mind.

12. JayATL

JayATL Senior Member Senior Member

I for one can only think about blogs written by members falling under that category, nothing else. everything else is opinion that can be shared. Many of our posts are opinions transposed -that have been brought up previously.

The only one that claim such claims on opinion is me! I see my postings used elsewhere for its sure brilliancy in critical thinking as copyright infringements- but I'm having a tough time thinking of anyone else here that claim such infringement. example would be great ....

Last edited: Feb 14, 2012
  13. Singh

Singh Phat Cat Administrator

Depends. When is plagiarism allowed, when is it liable. That is not for us to decide.

Unique threads / posts / content which are replicated as it is, is an infringement of our copyright. It is upto the competent authorities to decide.

We don't need to publicize it, it is for the appropriate authorities to handle. As is required we have given a public warning, our job is done.

Der hai andher nahi

Since we are the content host, therefore it is also our prerogative to ensure the content is not plagiarized.

I suggest you read up on American copyright laws esp the ones made effective in late 90s.

====

This thread was meant as a warning, and as an obligation. We have done our bit, now the ball is in a different court.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.