3 officers dead, others injured in Baton Rouge shooting

Discussion in 'Americas' started by pmaitra, Jul 18, 2016.

1. pmaitra

pmaitra Moderator Moderator

3 officers dead, others injured in Baton Rouge shooting

Three police officers killed, three others wounded in Baton Rouge shooting before attacker fatally shot
    Continued from: http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/...ver-police-killings.76894/page-5#post-1186550

3. pmaitra

Things are becoming really bad in the US. This happens in India around elections. Never imagined things in the US could get this nasty.

4. Razor

Razor CIDs from Tamilnadu Senior Member

This is the suspect guy:

[​IMG]

Source: heavy.com

@pmaitra :

Again ex-military and black.

I heard the Black panthers are becoming quite active, which means kkk-types will also start getting more active. This is headed towards Race-war????

pmaitra likes this.
  5. pmaitra

Looks like it. This was bound to happen. I wouldn't be surprised if martial law is imposed in parts of the US.

6. Razor

There have been many race-riots in the US before like in LA, Chicago, Tulsa, New york and so on. They were mostly subdued by calling in the National Guard, I think.

7. Razor

@pmaitra : It is rarely mentioned but the fact is that the Tiananmen sq. protests actually began as an anti-african protest.
    I know sounds strange and absurd but it is true.
    It started in southern city of Nanjing (Southern capital) as anti-african protests with posters like "Stop taking advantage of Chinese women"
    Soon it spread to Beijing (and other cities) and took the form of anti-govt. protests, with a little nudging from "our partners in the West."

pmaitra likes this.
  8. pmaitra

Is it? I was not aware of this. How did the west manage to infiltrate PRC given they have a pretty authoritarian regime?

9. Razor

Keep Ukraine and other color revolutions in the back of your mind and here we go.

Sources: Many, memory etc
    So the blacks had arrived in large numbers to Chinese (and Soviet) colleges, an initiative for world communism. The blacks did not behave too well with the chinese women and apparently this sparked off "student" protests in Nanjing. This soon spread to big cities of Shanghai and beijing. And suddenly lots of so called "students" (*cough cough* peaceful protesters a la Ukropia *cough cough*) came to the open spaces (Tiananmen)
    Just like in Ukraine they had all the stuff they needed to persist their presence. :hmm: How did people of a poor country like china afford that??
    And VOA (Voice of America) broadcasts increased intensity, spread confusion and incited protests.

Finally also this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Yellowbird

"The operation obtained its name from the Chinese expression 'The mantis stalks the cicada, unaware of the yellow bird behind'"
    We can guess who the main characters of this expression represent. :)

All this leads me to think there was at least some involvement from the West.

pmaitra likes this.
  10. pmaitra

My responses are italized and indented:

Firearms for protection is one thing, but enabling violence as a distraction & recreation has made it impossible for the US to live without it. If probed deeper into the human mind, it is not about racism, but about boredom.
    A person who has experienced its intoxication will never be content with any other job or activity.

I don't think firearms are meant for distraction. Many in the US wish they could do away with guns, but opinion is divided.

From a psychological point, the war on terror is nothing more than a recreational sport for an angry US mob bred on violence. Terrorists are still roaming free in Pakistan.

Many US politicians are connected in various capacities with various defence companies. Many politicians have a lot of people in their constituency employed by these defense companies. Therefore, in order to preserve jobs, it is important for these companies to continue to sell weapons. Weapons are sold to the US military and foreign militaries. When the US wages war, the US government has to use its weapons, and thus, it has to buy more weapons. Also, it is a good advertisement for US weapons, thus helping win customers abroad. I don't think the US is an angry mob bred on violence. The US is a very polite society.

And it seems it has; glorified by legalized violence and Hollywood, the US has run out of enemies to feed their angry populace. They have been living off Iraq and Afghanistan for 14 years.

The US does not need to feed their angry populace. Rather, the US needs to make the otherwise not so angry population angry by creating strawman enemies around the world. The purpose is to motivate them to go and fight wars. These wars do not necessarily help the US public or average US taxpayer per se, but does help the defence industries.

Then there was ISIS, now with ISIS almost finished, they are turning on each other, where the enemy is the one with a different skin colour (black, brown, red and white are all equally pretentious and manipulative).

When you have different races, you will have such race issues propping up. Yes, some members of every race are pretentious and manipulative in equal measure.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
  11. kr9

kr9 Regular Member

I agree on the defence corporations and their greed.

But, as I understand, the US military has an enlistment / draft system. Creating 'strawman enemies' is therefore dangerous in the long run. It is not the same set of soldiers going to wars, but a different pool every time. Over the years, this has created a majority civilian population with military experience who are not career soldiers.

And when these civilians come back, they have trouble readjusting. And with the number of wars the US is involved in, there are more veterans in civilian life now...with varying degrees of PTSD or minor psychological issues.
    Hence my reference to an "angry mob".

I believe that the average US citizen is indeed polite and warm in interactions under normal circumstances. But that will break down given the right amount of duress (in this case...the idea of racial profiling by the police).

12. pmaitra

Yes, I agree. You got it spot on.

There are many people who come back from the war zone and when they see that their people (in this case African Americans) being mistreated, they try to resolve the problem the same way they resolves problems in Afghanistan or Iraq.

13. pmaitra

@kr9, I have corrected some typos in my post. I assume you got the gist of my post.

14. kr9

kr9 Regular Member

No worries sir.................................. Thank you.