25-year old dies using Chinese phone

Discussion in 'Members Corner' started by nrj, Jun 17, 2011.

  1. nrj

    nrj Stars and Ambassadors Stars and Ambassadors

    Joined:
    Nov 16, 2009
    Messages:
    9,252
    Likes Received:
    3,347
    Location:
    Brussels
    NEW DELHI: If you happen to be a Chinese phone user, here's a shocking piece of news for you. In one of the most bizarre events, a 25-year old man from the Panchmahal district of Gujarat died after being electrocuted by his China-made phone.

    The incident occurred when 25-year-old Dhanji Damor was trying to make a call while his phone was plugged in for charging. The victim was pronounced dead by doctors due to electrocution.

    Already, the low-cost unbranded China-made handsets have seen the Indian government cracking down upon them for failing to comply on the security standards. Last year, the government was mulling to adopt various steps, including strict surveillance of grey market deals and restriction on import of devices without proper code.

    The government had also banned the unbranded Chinese mobiles that do not have IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) numbers. However, they still continue to sell across India's grey mobile markets with the IMEI numbers reportedly fudged.

    Copyrights Reserved: Times of India
     
    Godless-Kafir likes this.
  2.  
  3. niharjhatn

    niharjhatn Regular Member

    Joined:
    Sep 26, 2010
    Messages:
    899
    Likes Received:
    388
    If they are not complying with some of our (admittedly poor) INDIAN security standards.... what does that tell you?
     

Share This Page