* Multimedia
* Opinion
* Blogs

* Sindh
* Punjab
* Balochistan
* KP & FATA

Alerts
I WANT TO LEAVE OFFICE, BUT FEAR CHAOS: EGYPTIAN PRESIDENT HOSNI MUBARAK 00:25 PST
< >
14-year-old killed for refusing to marry father's cousin
By Shahid Mirza
Published: February 4, 2011

Mother says she does not want to see killers prosecuted.

VEHARI: A 14-year-old girl was killed in Vehari on Wednesday night allegedly by his family for refusing to marry a man they proposed.

Rafia's father Mukhtar Hussain and an uncle were arrested by Luddan police on Thursday. The police said Hussain and his brothers – former nazim Muhammad Ramzaan and Farasat Hussain – killed the girl by giving her electric shocks.

SHO Mirza Asif Baig said that Mukhtar Hussain had admitted to killing his daughter. He said Hussain wanted to marry the girl to his 52-year-old cousin, Saeed Ahmed. Hussain told the police his cousin was married but had no son. He said they had registered a case against Hussain and his brother.

The victim's mother, nominally the complainant, told The Express Tribune that she did not want her husband to be jailed. "My daughter was a disgrace to the family. We can't tolerate our children disrespecting their elders' wishes so we killed her," Mukhtar Mai said, "why would I want my husband to be punished? He did the right thing."

She said that earlier she had wanted to marry Rafia in her family. She added that she withdrew her decision once her husband and his brothers decided to marry her to Ahmed.

Ali Muhammad, the girl's grand father, also endorsed his son's actions. He said Rafia had previously tried to elope with a neighbour.

Experts said that in such cases the court had the power to set aside any attempt by the complainant to withdraw or settle the case or pardon the murderers.

Sayed Faisal Raza Bukhari, a criminal law expert, told the Tribune that in honour killing cases where the complainant had withdrawn or intended to withdraw the FIR, the court had the right to intervene and punish the offender. He said Section 311 of the Pakistan Penal Code vested the power in the court. He said it was meant to stop people from abusing the judicial process.

Section 311: ta'zir on waiver of qisas

Ta'zir after waiver or compounding of right of qisas in qatl-i-amd:

Notwithstanding anything contained in Section 309 or Section 310, where all the wali do not waive or compound the right of qisas, or [if] the principle of fasad-fil-arz the Court may, having regard to the facts and circumstances of the case, punish an offender against whom the right of qisas has been waived or compounded with death or imprisonment for life or imprisonment of either description for a term of which may extend to fourteen years as ta'zir.

Provided that if the offence has been committed in the name or on the pretext of honour, the imprisonment shall not be less than ten years.

Explanation:

For the purpose of this section, the expression 'fasad-fil-arz' shall include the past conduct of the offender, or whether he has any previous convictions, or the brutal or shocking manner in which the offence has been committed which is outrageous to the public conscience, or if the offender is considered a potential danger to the community or if the offence has been committed in the name or on the pretext of honour.

Code of Criminal Procedure

http://tribune.com.pk/story/113887/14-year-old-killed-for-refusing-to-marry-fathers-cousin/

Jinnahs Pakistan in full glory seriously what sort of beast would do that to his own daughter.Pakistanis moral standards are getting higher and higher every day

Last edited:

SHASH2K2

I feel sad for poor girl . she has to go through so much of trauma at such a young age. I wonder where that land of pures is going .

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I think its a sub continental thing. I think we have such kinds of incidents in India as well. Social issues. Pride and stuff.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I think one has to check as to the percentages of the mindset which go in for this type of a thing in Pakistan, India or Bangladesh.

In Pakistan, it is a matter or routine. They are antediluvian and mediaeval. One cannot airbrush that fact. In India, I am sure it must be happening, but it is the exception if one takes the population as a whole.

Let us look at the difference between Pakistan and Bangladesh. They were one country and yet the mindset is so different. Pakistan is archaic and in comparison, Bangladesh is tolerant and progressive and care for humanity over other issues.

PAKISTAN

Pakistan: court orders government not to change blasphemy law

Asia Bibi

The Lahore High Court has ordered the Pakistani government not to change the nation's blasphemy law before the court hears the appeal of Asia Bibi, the Christian mother who was sentenced to death for blasphemy after she refused to convert to Islam.

Terrorist organizations associated with the Taliban have issued a fatwa against Shabhaz Bhatti, the Catholic layman and cabinet minister who is leading a commission that will consider changes to the nation's blasphemy law.

Shaheryar Gill, a Pakistani Christian who serves as associate counsel for the American Center for Law and Justice, shed light on the effects of the blasphemy law.

"You see, 20 years or more of the blasphemy law in Pakistan has instilled in people that punishment for insulting Islam is death," Gill said in a recent interview. So, rather than going to the court, people have taken the law into their own hands."
http://teaandpolitics.wordpress.com/2010/12/10/pakistan-court-orders-government-not-to-change-blasphemy-law/
Blasphemy laws: Thousands rally in support

KARACHI:

Thousands of people rallied in Karachi on Sunday against the controversial reform of a blasphemy law that was behind the assassination of Punjab Governor Salmaan Taseer.

The rally was organised by Tahaffuz-e-Namoos-e-Risalat, a conglomerate of religious parties opposed to any changes in the blasphemy laws. Thousands of activists of religious parties blocked the main MA Jinnah road holding banners in support of Mumtaz Hussain Qadri, the alleged assassin of Taseer.

"Mumtaz Qadri is not a murderer, he is a hero," said one banner. "We salute Qadri's courage" said another.

"There are at least 40,000 people here and more are coming," senior police official Muhammad Ashfaq said. Another senior police official said some 3,000 police officers were guarding the event, which had forced the closure of businesses and roads in the area. Addressing the rally participants, Maulana Fazlur Rehman, chief of his own faction of Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam, said that tens of thousands of people turned up on the streets of Karachi in support of the blasphemy laws which showed that nobody could even think of repealing them.

He claimed that the West, the United States in particular, was pulling the strings of the so-called liberals who were demanding repeal of the blasphemy laws. Calling it liberal extremism, the Maulana said that religious parties would protect the blasphemy laws at any cost and they would not budge even an inch in their position.

In a veiled reference to the slain governor Punjab Salman Taseer, the Maulana said anybody calling the blasphemy law a "black law" was also a blasphemer. He added that Taseer was himself responsible for his death and the government was equally complacent.

He called upon the government to stop "persecuting" Mumtaz Qadri's family, saying that religious parties were ready to support Qadri in his trial.

Maulana Fazl warned the government to withdraw a bill tabled by Sherry Rehman in parliament for amending the blasphemy laws or else get ready for the consequences.

On his part, Jamaat-e-Islami chief Munawwar Hassan said that the slain governor had ridiculed the blasphemy laws by supporting Aasia Bibi, a Christian woman on death row over blasphemy. "And we don't feel sorry for what happened to Taseer."

Hassan demanded that the prime minister make a statement on the floor of parliament that the government has no intention to amend the blasphemy laws. And the government should also force Rehman to withdraw her bill. He also called upon PML-N supremo Nawaz Sharif and MQM chief Altaf Hussain to clarify positions of their respective parties on the issue.

Qari Ahsaan, from the banned group Jamaat-ud-Dawa, also addressed the crowd. "We can't compromise on the blasphemy law. It's a divine law and nobody can change it," Ahsaan said.

Other speakers at rally included Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam chief Sahibzada Abul Khair Zubair, Jamiat Ulema Islam (Samiul Haq) leader Asad Thanvi, Jamaat-e-Islami Secretary Liaquat Baloch and Maulana Yousaf Kasuri of Markazi Jamaat Ahle Hadith.

Controversy over the blasphemy laws flared when Sherry Rehman tabled the bill in November calling to end the death penalty for blasphemy, after Aasia Bibi was condemned to death by a court. Rights activists say the law encourages extremism in the country already besieged by Taliban attacks.

Sherry Rehman spoke to AFP from her heavily-guarded home in Karachi on Sunday and said she would not be cowed by the protest. "They can't silence me"¦ it's not any extreme position like seeking to repeal a bill, it's very rational. They can't decide what we think or speak, these are man-made laws," she said.

Politicians and conservative clerics have been at loggerheads over whether President Asif Ali Zardari should pardon Aasia Bibi.

Meanwhile, Christian groups held memorial services in Lahore and Islamabad on Sunday to honour the assassinated governor Taseer.

Bishop Alexander John Malik led a rare gathering of 300 Christians at a cathedral in Lahore. "He was a voice for the oppressed section of society. We dedicate this day to him," Malik said, before leading prayers for the governor.

With additional input from AFP

Published in The Express Tribune, January 10th, 2011.
http://tribune.com.pk/story/101294/20000-protest-blasphemy-law-change-in-pakistan-police/

No change to be made in blasphemy law: PM
January 17, 2011

Prime Minister Syed Yousuf Raza Gilani has said government is very sincere in blasphemy law adding no change will be made in this law nor the government has ever thought about any change in the law.
" If we don't honor blasphemy law then who will do it. We will not introduce any amendment in the constitution or law nor have we constituted any committee. We are sincere in blasphemy law. We will neither amend any constitution nor bring any change in this law. We have never ever thought to do so. However I will say if there is any law it should not be misused", Prime Minister said this while addressing the inauguration ceremonies of regional offices of Allama Iqbal Open University and Baha ud Din Zikriya University here Monday....
http://www.nation.com.pk/pakistan-news-newspaper-daily-english-online/Politics/17-Jan-2011/No-plans-to-amend-blasphemy-law-PM
BANGLADESH

Bangla girl whipped to death

Dhaka, Feb. 3: A 14-year-old girl was whipped to death by clerics for allegedly having an illicit relationship with a married man in Shariatpur, 35km from Dhaka.

The clerics had ordered that Mossamet Hena be whipped 100 times with a bamboo cane according to the Islamic Sharia law. Her cousin Mahboob, 40, with whom she allegedly had an affair, was fined and landed a punishment of 200 whippings. However, a local newspaper said Mahboob's punishment was reduced to 100 lashes but he fled to escape the punishment.

Hena, who was whipped publicly collapsed after being lashed 70 times and eventually died in a district hospital. According to media reports here, many villagers were present during the whipping. However, no one protested against the punishment.

"We were present when the order was announced. The maulana at first had ordered that Hena be either buried alive or stoned to death. But that was later changed to 100 lashes. We stood there and shed tears, we were not brave enough to protest," a local Bangladeshi daily quoted one of Hena's neighbours, Hoshne Ara, as saying.

Today, the police arrested the clerics who had ordered the punishment.

The incident prompted Bangladesh High Court to demand an explanation from the government for its failure to save Hena despite a court ruling banning religious courts.

A two-member bench, comprising Justices Shamsuddin Chowdhury Manik and Sheikh Md Zakir Hossain, took a "suo motu" notice of the incident and asked the district police chief and two other officials to explain within 15 days why they "failed" to protect the girl.

Media reports and district officials have suggested that Hena had been raped by Mahboob.

However, influential village leaders and the clerics oredered Hena to be whipped for "illicit relations".

The police are seeking 14 others in connection with Hena's death, including a teacher from a local madarsa.

Villagers rallied today in Shariatpur against the village court and demanded that the clerics be prosecuted.

This is the second death linked to a sharia court. A 40-year-old Bangladeshi woman died in late December after she was publicly caned 40 times for an alleged affair with her stepson.

Fatwas are illegal in Bangladesh.

But Islamic clerics are found presiding over courts that use Sharia law and issue fatwas to deal with issues like extramarital relationships. Such incidents usually occur in remote villages where the police do not have quick access.
http://www.telegraphindia.com/1110204/jsp/foreign/story_13532977.jsp
Compare the difference.

Pakistan encourages and hero worships a murderer claiming that he has done right by the religion (note: it is not all who are of the same hue. There are the very marginal minority as assassinated Governor and Sherry Rehman who represent humane attitude).

Pakistan does not want to protect the rights of the minority that the Constitution warrants and instead uses falsehood to undertake a false case that can result in execution.

Yet, in so far as Bangladesh is concerned, it is the public outcry at the inhuman act of the mullah and their illegal Shariah court that has spurred the Govt machinery to take cognisance and act. And they are also Muslims as they are in Pakistan with the same religious edicts to follow!! One is tolerant and keeping with the world and the other sinking into antediluvian and mediaeval morass to further sink their country into irretrievable swamp!

In India, one is not clean either. There are the so called khaps in certain parts of the country. However, the saving grace is that it is tightly restricted to specific boundaries and India, as a country, condemns it and not make such devilish people into heroes!

Last edited:

Welcome

Country flag
@Yusuf ...u can't compare india with pakistan. no doubt there is india also face lot of honor killing but there is little difference B/W india and pakistan. In india except haryana state no socially responsible organization like Media, NGO or Govt. never protect this type of crime or any type of crime but in pakistan we usually found that these organisation always protect this type of criminals. we have lot of example like recent blasphemy law case or govt and politician support to taliban or jihad. so please if you compare india with pakistan than please also give reason why u r comparing.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Interesting analysis by Ray.

In general, Yusuf is right that South Asian countries have a cultural predisposition towards honour killing and such stuff, but Pakistan has grown progressively worse over the decades while India and BD have progressed on this front. This trend seems to be continuing, and things are only getting worse in Pakistan as the days go by. India, fortunately for us, has a huge liberal middle class which makes a big noise each time such things happen. Also, with increasing economic development and an expanding middle class, I stick my neck out and predict that these things will be relegated to the dustbin of history in India, within the next 20 years. Just like Sati, Human sacrifice etc. have passed, this will pass too. 20 years is what I give it.

JayATL

I despise such conversations from fellow Indians when they go after and generalize based on Horse's rear intuition. It really shows us in a bad light. Just the mere population of India over Pakistan will logically say that India has both Hindus and Muslims who practice it- yielding a higher rate of honor killings.

Even if there is a small advantage in numbers of honor killings in Pakistan I ask- what is the difference hypothetically between 2000 killed in Pak vs. 1950 in India. No difference in my eyes to say " well, I think it more of a Pak issue".

Because the human psychology is such , the moment you define it as " more of the other guys issue" - it tends to be dismissive of ones own ( country in the case) record.

what's next , look at the blouse Pakistanis wear vs Indians, it makes them more susceptible to be honor killed( some will get the sarcasm)? get off the analogies...

YUSUF you are spot on! - Know this, there are those who may not have a 'rank' , but talk more sense than generations of those who claim their intelligence is based on some darn rank achieved. I've met more unqualified people amongst them than I care to count.

OH Look Horses!

RAY I DON"T WHAT YOU GOT AGAINST AN IMAGE OF AN HORSE THAT YOU COMING AND DELETING THE IMAGE. BUT TILL YOU TELL ME - IF YOU HAVE SOME SANE REASON TO - I "LL KEEP ADDING IT BACK as I long I pay attention to this post!

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The issue is it being a subcontinental malaise.

Matthew Goldstein has noted that honour killings were encouraged in ancient Rome, where male family members who did not take actions against the female adulterers in their family were "actively persecuted".

It has been practised in most civilisations but were discontinued as education and emancipation flourished.

Therefore, there is no comparison in numbers, but numbers signify whether a society is becoming progressive and keeping with modern and contemporary societal norms or are still clinging on to the past practices. Likewise, is the case of social indicators of intolerance and tolerance and societal reactions.

Thus, the issue is co relationship of the mindset with the malady.

Examples of Bangaldesh and Pakistan is indicative of the co relationship of the mindset to the malady wherein even when all standards were the same, the mindset was different and hence the differentiation of the wheat from the chaff.

Last edited:

JayATL

I had a dream where I wished that someone here was telling people that incoherent wordiness does not equate intelligence! this is not about grammar or typos ( Lord knows I disregard it in many of my postings) or vocabulary------- rather, its mind numbing use of incoherent ramblings and analogies thinking wordiness equals godliness!

Then I pinched myself, realized it was only a dream .

Last edited:

captonjohn

Country flag
@Yusuf ...u can't compare india with pakistan. no doubt there is india also face lot of honor killing but there is little difference B/W india and pakistan. In india except haryana state no socially responsible organization like Media, NGO or Govt. never protect this type of crime or any type of crime but in pakistan we usually found that these organisation always protect this type of criminals. we have lot of example like recent blasphemy law case or govt and politician support to taliban or jihad. so please if you compare india with pakistan than please also give reason why u r comparing.
A murder is a murder wether it is in Pakistan or in India. Such cases of honor killing is occurring in india too and increasing in dangerous manner. Forget about Media, NGO or Govt because they all are just doing their business. They shout at place where thousands of people and media can cover them so that they can get exposure. They do it for their own interest NOT for general public help. Several times such NGO and Human right commission have criticized indian security forces when they killed some well known Decoit or criminal but they don't say a single word for those security personals who got killed by same criminals because they don't get any exposure or any advantage on it.

Not saying a single word and a remaining silent on such issue instead of condemning is also a type of support to such actions. A murder is murder anyway, a crime is a crime wether it in India or pakistan so comparison would take place. Don't you think this reason is enough to compare both nation.

captonjohn

Country flag
My daughter was a disgrace to the family. We can't tolerate our children disrespecting their elders' wishes so we killed her," Mukhtar Mai said, "why would I want my husband to be punished? He did the right thing.
Look at this gentle lady who proud on her husband. Can anybody would tell her about the difference between right to live & freedom and elders wishes? One day when she will be killed in same way then she'll understand about the real meaning about her words.

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
I think its a sub continental thing. I think we have such kinds of incidents in India as well. Social issues. Pride and stuff.
Nope. It might be an evil existing in some closed societies of sub-continent, but in India this sort of shit is not glorified like the Land of the Pure. That is specifically given a religious tone so that there are no critics for the action and passed away as legal or at the best left as it is.

mattster

Respected Member
Country flag
I know that people on this forum will protest high-heaven when I say this - Muslim countries anywhere in the world have a very unique form of delivering justice when it comes to their citizens.

Punishment for the exact same offense is always heavier for the female.

The young under-aged female get slowly sadistically beaten and tortured to death by the Mullahs for illicit sex, and the male conveniently runs away and escapes punishment.

Here is another variation of the theme: The female get raped and shamed and the murdered by her own family for disgracing their honour, and the rapists get away with a few months jail time.

A Muslim woman caught drinking beer in a pub is ordered to be caned, but Muslim men do it every day in Malaysia and no one gives a shit.

The women are always punished twice or 10 times as hard as the men - why ?? So that women are constantly reminded of the place in society as below men.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Islamic Sharia-style justice !!

Last edited:

JayATL

I know that people on this forum will protest high-heaven when I say this - Muslim countries anywhere in the world have a very unique form of delivering justice when it comes to their citizens.

Punishment for the exact same offense is always heavier for the female.

The young under-aged female get slowly sadistically beaten and tortured to death by the Mullahs for illicit sex, and the male conveniently runs away and escapes punishment.

Here is another variation of the theme: The female get raped and shamed and the murdered by her own family for disgracing their honour, and the rapists get away with a few months jail time.

A Muslim woman caught drinking beer in a pub is ordered to be caned, but Muslim men do it every day in Malaysia and no one gives a shit.

The women are always punished twice or 10 times as hard as the men - why ?? So that women are constantly reminded of the place in society as below men.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Islamic Sharia-style justice !!
By your logic- India being the 3rd largest Muslim populated country should be counted among those backward thinking forms of justice then. because shockingly I learned that India has religious courts too.

This is not just directed at you but others too- to get off the high horse of dispensing and pointing fingers at other countries. The India today is far worse than when I left - it in terms of crimes of such nature. We also never had so many rapes purported in the 80's. and I suspect into much of the 90's.

sometime back I had commented to my brother in Pune , that I suspect its is because, and I know this may sound like an old man, but western media influence. Let me cite a personal example and I don't mean this in some perverted way- but as an example of the social status during those decades- Getting laid in the 80's and into the 90's was so tough :) and mind you I was considered a very good looking guy- was no1 athlete at Bombay Scottish school, state athletic medals too, then graduated from NM university. Had tons of girlfriends but did not get to 2nd base but very very rarely.

Now I hear about how promiscuous young teenagers are there. Does that mean I advocate banning western culture influences? hell no--- I'm just stating my opinion on why we see such aggressive behaviors towards women.

Botton line still is- Indians can't claim any mantle of " look it more prevalent in Pakistan or Bangladesh" . The trifecta of Inda/Pak/bangla are in the same boat . But I'll give you that india is working towards reducing it more than others through more " reachout" programs in villages

Last edited:

RAM

The southern Man
Country flag
These incidents as every one described resonates the vices of the Subcontinent when we have a progressive front one side and less known front of acheronian age .And its a pity this is goes on as an never ending process.However nice to read some good points from this thread and various perspectives.

In Pakistan, it is a matter or routine. They are antediluvian and mediaeval. One cannot airbrush that fact. In India, I am sure it must be happening, but it is the exception if one takes the population as a whole.

Let us look at the difference between Pakistan and Bangladesh. They were one country and yet the mindset is so different. Pakistan is archaic and in comparison, Bangladesh is tolerant and progressive and care for humanity over other issues.
Nope. It might be an evil existing in some closed societies of sub-continent, but in India this sort of shit is not glorified like the Land of the Pure. That is specifically given a religious tone so that there are no critics for the action and passed away as legal or at the best left as it is.
Botton line still is- Indians can't claim any mantle of " look it more prevalent in Pakistan or Bangladesh" . The trifecta of Inda/Pak/bangla are in the same boat . But I'll give you that india is working towards reducing it more than others through more " reachout" programs in villages

mattster

Respected Member
Country flag
Pardon me Jay, but you are rambling. Please save your stories about your good looks for some other forum. Pls spare DFI readers details of your pathetic sex life. No one gives a shit !

While there are crazy customs in India, you won't ever see an underaged woman flogged to death in a public square.
No freaking Mullah in India would ever attempt such a stunt.

The reason this crap happens in Muslim countries is because there is an implicit level of tolerance in these societies for such punkass tactics. That simply won't fly in India.

No one is arguing that women have it great in India. But at least in India you won't have a judicial authority sentence a 14 y/o girl to be flogged to death in public.

Last edited:

JayATL

Pardon me Jay, but you are rambling. Please save your stories about your good looks for some other forum. Pls spare DFI readers details of your pathetic sex life. No one gives a shit !

While there are crazy customs in India, you won't ever see an underaged woman flogged to death in a public square.
No freaking Mullah in India would ever attempt such a stunt.

The reason this crap happens in Muslim countries is because there is an implicit level of tolerance in these societies for such punkass tactics. That simply won't fly in India.

No one is arguing that women have it great in India. But at least in India you won't have a judicial authority sentence a 14 y/o girl to be flogged to death in public.
Apparently you did not get it- that the very fact it was pathetic- I was pointing out how much more conservative the soceity was. But then again- I did doubt that some won't get it. It was too much a cerebral analogy and I'll give you that I slightly deviated into my opinion on why women are being mistreated at a higher rate in India than when I lived there. I will make sure to explain my points in plain speak in future when replying to you. Please accept my apologies for perturbing you with my account :)

Moving on to your claim of no judicial system would allow actions similar to the one in the article. Are you sure you know about what goes on in the villages by ' elders' or Panchayats who still execute justice in there? are you aware that sharia court is also practiced in India. Do I have to pull out articles showing injustices done in such villages.

The argument here is not that there are no crazies to our left and right nor it's to compare one act on the east or west to what India would do in that specific case. Rather, it is of saying ---there is no room to point fingers as it only happens there, when in India , it happens too with unacceptable frequency .

She got flogged and our women get raped in Delhi and elsewhere when walking to work. Your stance is coming across as-" Oh look , at lest ours don't get the flogging by some archaic judicial system", it's those darn Muslim countries.

honestly man, you might have some truth in what you are saying statistically, but you have no truth in implying that they deserve greater scorn over India or it something special to them in how they treat or mistreat women in those cultures.

P.S don't be a hater_ I can't help it that I was made so good looking :p

Last edited:

mattster

Respected Member
Country flag
Apparently you did not get it- that the very fact it was pathetic- I was pointing out how much more conservative the soceity was. But then again- I did doubt that some won't get it. It was too much a cerebral analogy and I'll give you that I slightly deviated into my opinion on why women are being mistreated at a higher rate in India than when I lived there. I will make sure to explain my points in plain speak in future when replying to you. Please accept my apologies for perturbing you with my account :)

Moving on to your claim of no judicial system would allow actions similar to the one in the article. Are you sure you know about what goes on in the villages by ' elders' or Panchayats who still execute justice in there? are you aware that sharia court is also practiced in India. Do I have to pull out articles showing injustices done in such villages.

The argument here is not that there are no crazies to our left and right nor it's to compare one act on the east or west to what India would do in that specific case. Rather, it is of saying ---there is no room to point fingers as it only happens there, when in India , it happens too with unacceptable frequency .

She got flogged and our women get raped in Delhi and elsewhere when walking to work. Your stance is coming across as-" Oh look , at lest ours don't get the flogging by some archaic judicial system", it's those darn Muslim countries.

honestly man, you might have some truth in what you are saying statistically, but you have no truth in implying that they deserve greater scorn over India or it something special to them in how they treat or mistreat women in those cultures.

P.S don't be a hater_ I can't help it that I was made so good looking :p

LOL.....You are a very funny guy... Jay......I give you that much. You are so good looking that you couldnt get any pussy in high school. Must be the girls were so blown over by your good looks.

I cant say that I have travelled every square inch India and seen for myself how people live. Dude...i dont know which part of India you are from, but I am a Malayalee from Kerala, and nothing like this or even anything remotely similar has ever happened there. Yes women do get harassed and occassionally there are rapes. Violence against women happens all over the world.

But only in Muslim countries do you see Senior members of the Clergy dispensing justice that tortures women by flogging, stoning them to death, etc. This happens too frequently in Muslim countries too be wiped under the table quietly. It happens even more to non-Muslim minority women in Muslim majority countries.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles