Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EliteFoxtrot

I seriously doubt the part about SG being disguised as regular infantry and others in the unit not knowing this. Infantry units are incredibly close knit entities that train and live together for years before they are deployed to a combat zone. You couldn't just have an outsider inserted into them overnight and the rest of the unit being oblivious, that isn't how these things work and it also wouldn't have any utility whatsoever and wouldn't aid operational success. Under the established chain of command if an infantry unit is required to set up an ambush they only need to be ordered to do so, they don't need to be made of why they are doing so.

SG will operate in Kashmir just like the PARA(SF) do as separate entities who have their own mandate except SG will have a much narrower focus and more limited set of objectives and will naturally work with RAW.
I dont know how you came to this conclusion that they dont work with anonymous people, i have heard stories of officers from different RR battalion join the operations of any other unit operation yes i agree its rare cause every unit have their own strategies and way of approach but you may have heard about young officers become confused and blank during operations and their units were sitting duck (ITS A PRACTICAL SITUATION) at that time such incidents take place, sometime it leads to ego clashes but by the end army is a family..
About the utility you can assume the tactical advantage any INFANTRY unit can get while a SF operative is among them and i have never seen a CDO as a maverick they are always officers hence the experience level can be more than anyone in the infantry.

EliteFoxtrot

So , do soilders of SG also works like a RAW agent ?

Sent from my Micromax Q380 using Tapatalk
They work as SAD for RAW,you know SAD ?? SAD is known as Special Activity Division who is actually a assault team of CIA, you can say that they crack skulls and break door for R&AW.

hardip

About Special Group, i know a little because i know someone who was one of them:biggrin2: Special Group came under the command of NSA, due to their position he cannot tell me everything but by his talks i concluded that Special Group is a whole different thing, they seems to be an individual Special Force who are not only equipped as hell but have green light on even a small input, in army you have to be double sure on your intel.
Special group or The Mavericks or 22 SF or Super Para SF content only few Tibetans, they have majority of Indian Officer mainly from Para SF..

Major Amit Deswal, who was martyr recently was a ex-maverick, you can see the other guy in the tattoo he is doubted as a maverick. RIP major you will be missed..View attachment 9060

Pic is taken from a facebook page - Indian Para Commandos

Indian army Not Allows Tattoos to Got antry in army..so who is in this pic

Berkut

Country flag
Interesting anecdote: Many years ago few of my friends and I were on a road trip to Chakrata. Interesting thing happened when we were randomly clicking pics in town. Now I am not sure if we clicked something or someone inadvertently but suddenly this guy walked up from the crowd and said, extremely politely but firmly "sir, aapse request hai apni picchli kuch pics delete kar dijiye ". It happened so suddenly, that we were like yes sure thing.... looking back I still don't understand why we didn't object. Anyway,,, found out many years later that SFF has HQ in Chakrata!!!

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
If they are good and the Tattos are hidden in cloths its no problem.
Tattoo are generally banned specially in the sense of fashion or relatively new. They will kick you out from the Bharti Rally itself after saying Maa Bhen.

But several dudes have "Om" on their wrists, Sikhs have their religious symbols.

Older Generation troops had their entire name inscribed on their hand.

This dude is Naga (RR) posted in Kashmir. Notice the tattoo on his wrist.

n8k.jpg

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
Chakrata and Dehradun has large number of Tibetan population (refuge), SFF academy, old age home and CST is located here.

Obviously you can't take pics freely of these sensitive area, even in my Roorkee Cantt. Taking photos are prohibited even if its a old Vijyanta Tank.

At Chakrata and Sarsawa (Air base) you can easily spot SFF with their toys i.e P 90, Ak 74U, FN 5 - 7 etc

These are SFF dudes taking no 1 roadside

GVG.jpg

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag
Chakrata and Dehradun has large number of Tibetan population (refuge), SFF academy, old age home and CST is located here.

Obviously you can't take pics freely of these sensitive area, even in my Roorkee Cantt. Taking photos are prohibited even if its a old Vijyanta Tank.

At Chakrata and Sarsawa (Air base) you can easily spot SFF with their toys i.e P 90, Ak 74U, FN 5 - 7 etc

These are SFF dudes taking no 1 roadside

View attachment 9176
Lol...this reminds me chatur's dialogue in 3 idiots.
" there is no proper place for muutra visarjan in this country."[emoji23]

Sent from my ASUS_Z00LD using Tapatalk

Berkut

Country flag
True that @Bornubus.... interesting thing was that we were in town away from any visible military installations and clicking away.
The guy definitely was not a civilian. I can't put my finger on it but he didn't have your typical military bearing either....
Maybe I just met an elusive SFF operative!!! Came in from the crowd,, got us to delete the pics and vanished into the crowd with complete ease even before we could understand what just happened!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles