Sending Pakistan to Mars

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag
When spacecraft Mangalyaan successfully entered the Martian orbit in late September after a 10-month journey, India erupted in joy. Costing more than an F-16 but less than a Rafale, Mangalyaan's meticulous planning and execution established India as a space- faring country. Although Indians had falsely celebrated their five nuclear tests of 1998 — which were based upon well-known physics of the 1940s — the Mars mission is a true accomplishment.

Pakistanis may well ask: can we do it too? What will it take? Seen in the proper spirit, India's foray into the solar system could be Pakistan's sputnik moment — an opportunity to reflect upon what's important. Let's see how India did it: First, space travel is all about science and India's young ones are a huge reservoir of enthusiasm for science. Surveys show that 12-16 year olds practically worship Albert Einstein and Stephen Hawking, are fascinated by black holes and Schrödinger cats, and most want a career in science. They see more prestige in this than becoming doctors, lawyers, financial managers, or army officers. Although most eventually settle for more conventional professions, this eagerness leads India's very best students towards science. Ten years ago, I had personally experienced this youthful enthusiasm during a four-week lecture tour across seven Indian cities that took me to all sorts of schools, colleges, and universities. In places, hundreds turned up for my talks on scientific subjects. Every city had at least one much- visited science museum, and sometimes two or three. Student scientific societies, which appeared active, were everywhere.

:ranger:
Read more:
Sending Pakistan to Mars - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

Ashutosh Lokhande

they will just shun the idea by saying "Food does not grow in mars" and carry on with there usual things.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
When spacecraft Mangalyaan successfully entered the Martian orbit in late September after a 10-month journey, India erupted in joy. Costing more than an F-16 but less than a Rafale, Mangalyaan's meticulous planning and execution established India as a space- faring country. Although Indians had falsely celebrated their five nuclear tests of 1998 — which were based upon well-known physics of the 1940s — the Mars mission is a true accomplishment.

Pakistanis may well ask: can we do it too? What will it take? Seen in the proper spirit, India's foray into the solar system could be Pakistan's sputnik moment — an opportunity to reflect upon what's important. Let's see how India did it: First, space travel is all about science and India's young ones are a huge reservoir of enthusiasm for science. Surveys show that 12-16 year olds practically worship Albert Einstein and Stephen Hawking, are fascinated by black holes and Schrödinger cats, and most want a career in science. They see more prestige in this than becoming doctors, lawyers, financial managers, or army officers. Although most eventually settle for more conventional professions, this eagerness leads India's very best students towards science. Ten years ago, I had personally experienced this youthful enthusiasm during a four-week lecture tour across seven Indian cities that took me to all sorts of schools, colleges, and universities. In places, hundreds turned up for my talks on scientific subjects. Every city had at least one much- visited science museum, and sometimes two or three. Student scientific societies, which appeared active, were everywhere.

:ranger:
Read more:
Sending Pakistan to Mars - Pakistan - DAWN.COM
haaaaraaaaam, haaaraaamm.. :rage:

How will pakistani mard face muccah if going to outer ishpace ?

Last edited:

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
A very good article which I myself was about to post !!

You have done it !

Pervez Hoodbhoy is amongst a very few sensible Pakistani voices..

Pakistan has lost their Indian inquisitiveness, nor have they gained on great Arab desire to peruse knowledge. Their Allaha hu Akbar is not propelling towards greater investigation.. The water of Sindh is no more supporting a living civilisation ... it is a great loss of a great chunk of mankind .. Only thing Pakistanis have inherited is warlordism...

Other day on Gowswamy show I wad not surprised the Pakistani commentator finally resigning to the wish " Tumko Bhi Le Doobenge".... !!

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
you might also want to add hassan nissar. i find him to be one of the few rational minds living in pakistan.
surprised that he isnt assasinated yet.
That is about threat perception. Feudals (aka Pak politicians), Mullahs and Army don't care because people like Hoodbhoy and Nisar are neither entering politics nor leading civil movements.
So the columns would keep coming in DAWN, shows go on in TV channels and status quo remain in Pak. That's the idea.

thethinker

Country flag
While Pakistan sending spacecraft to Mars remains a fantasy, them sending young brainwashed jihadis to India is a reality.

Sane voices are labelled as RAW agents and /or assasinated while mullahs like Hafeez Saeed are deemed as social workers.

That is Pakistan in a nutshell.

So there is no use in harbouring romantic notions of our neighbour becoming a peaceful, friendly nation one day.

anupamsurey

Country flag
YEAH THIS IS THE RIGHT TIME TO SEND PAKISTAN TO MARS, and save this world form a terrorist breed.

tramp

I think Hassan Nissar does not live in Pakistan any more.
In danger of being bumped off is Najam Sethi who often speaks the truth about Pakistani military.
you might also want to add hassan nissar. i find him to be one of the few rational minds living in pakistan.
surprised that he isnt assasinated yet.

tramp

Before Pakistan can think of going to Mars, moon or even the Antarctica, they will have to begin sending their children to school... because it is said almost 60% of Pakistani children have never been to a school.

While Pakistan sending spacecraft to Mars remains a fantasy, them sending young brainwashed jihadis to India is a reality.

Sane voices are labelled as RAW agents and /or assasinated while mullahs like Hafeez Saeed are deemed as social workers.

That is Pakistan in a nutshell.

So there is no use in harbouring romantic notions of our neighbour becoming a peaceful, friendly nation one day.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles