Indian Defence Forum -
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 25 of 25
Like Tree53Likes

Indian Army Tactical blunders during Kargil War ..

  1. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    India
    Posts
    517
    Liked
    222 times
    India

    Re: Indian Army Tactical blunders during Kargil War ..

    yeah, he right, at tactical level this was better..........Ray Sir knows abt Brig. Aul who did jus' that for Pt.5535..........he crossed LOC and captured 2 Paki peaks, which were then exchanged back with them by an "agreement".

    Just becos sumthing went wrong in 5535 story, doesnt mean the tactic wasnt sound, and lives of jawans were saved, bloodshed was avoided, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Messiah View Post
    Taken the war directly to pakis for starters. Given army alternate routes to retake posts, im sure some routes would have been better than the ones which were taken.



    › See More: Indian Army Tactical blunders during Kargil War ..
    sesha_maruthi27 likes this.

  2. #17
    Member of the Year 2011 Kunal Biswas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    BHARAT, INDIA, HINDUSTHAN
    Posts
    24,366
    Liked
    22328 times
    India

    Re: Indian Army Tactical blunders during Kargil War ..

    Sir, Yes there was deficiency from Clothes to the fire arm, We lack precision munition for infantry motars and night vision so does Gunships to provide fire support and UAV / Drones to monitor enemy activity ..

    Don't get me wrong Sir, We have equipment but not suitable to fight much better arm enemies, Our equipments need to be upgraded, Just the existing once will do ..

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray View Post
    To be frank, was there a lack of equipment?

    What do you all feel that the Army did not have that was on the inventory?
    THE MORE YOU SHARE, THE MORE YOU LEARN..

    http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4163_2.gif

  3. #18
    Senior Member sesha_maruthi27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh(INDIA)
    Posts
    3,541
    Liked
    1361 times
    India

    Re: Indian Army Tactical blunders during Kargil War ..

    Are we prepared atleast now? did IA get the NVD's or are they still lacking them.......?
    VANDE MATARAM :india:

  4. #19
    Member of the Year 2011 Kunal Biswas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    BHARAT, INDIA, HINDUSTHAN
    Posts
    24,366
    Liked
    22328 times
    India

    Re: Indian Army Tactical blunders during Kargil War ..

    For regulars, Thermal on Insas is the first and last night vision equipment ..

    Quote Originally Posted by sesha_maruthi27 View Post
    Are we prepared atleast now? did IA get the NVD's or are they still lacking them.......?
    THE MORE YOU SHARE, THE MORE YOU LEARN..

    http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4163_2.gif

  5. #20
    Senior Member sesha_maruthi27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh(INDIA)
    Posts
    3,541
    Liked
    1361 times
    India

    Re: Indian Army Tactical blunders during Kargil War ..

    Quote Originally Posted by Kunal Biswas View Post
    For regulars, Thermal on Insas is the first and last night vision equipment ..
    Can we hope anything better coming their way in the near future?
    VANDE MATARAM :india:

  6. #21
    Ray
    Ray is offline
    The Chairman Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    38,564
    Liked
    19722 times
    India

    Re: Indian Army Tactical blunders during Kargil War ..

    Quote Originally Posted by Kunal Biswas View Post
    Sir, Yes there was deficiency from Clothes to the fire arm, We lack precision munition for infantry motars and night vision so does Gunships to provide fire support and UAV / Drones to monitor enemy activity ..

    Don't get me wrong Sir, We have equipment but not suitable to fight much better arm enemies, Our equipments need to be upgraded, Just the existing once will do ..
    There was no lack of clothes. They were dressed and equipped in the same way, in weaponry and allied accessories. in the same spot my unit operated in Op at Dalunang.

    If we could do it, then why not others?
    521707 386141578096536 1414399079 n
    I am a common man. but I will stir the smooth sands of status quoism, monotony & apathy.

  7. #22
    Member of the Year 2011 Kunal Biswas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    BHARAT, INDIA, HINDUSTHAN
    Posts
    24,366
    Liked
    22328 times
    India

    Re: Indian Army Tactical blunders during Kargil War ..

    Sir, Those men did made it, Because of the sheer will power and commitment, They fought with what ever they had..

    Their captured equipment shows that, In many ways they had edge over our firearms and clothing..

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray View Post
    There was no lack of clothes. They were dressed and equipped in the same way, in weaponry and allied accessories. in the same spot my unit operated in Op at Dalunang.

    If we could do it, then why not others?
    =================

    I cannot predict that, Its unknown as everything is under red tape until they get a middle man..

    Quote Originally Posted by sesha_maruthi27 View Post
    Can we hope anything better coming their way in the near future?
    sesha_maruthi27 likes this.
    THE MORE YOU SHARE, THE MORE YOU LEARN..

    http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4163_2.gif

  8. #23
    Ray
    Ray is offline
    The Chairman Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    38,564
    Liked
    19722 times
    India

    Re: Indian Army Tactical blunders during Kargil War ..

    Quote Originally Posted by Kunal Biswas View Post
    Sir, Those men did made it, Because of the sheer will power and commitment, They fought with what ever they had..

    Their captured equipment shows that, In many ways they had edge over our firearms and clothing..
    ..
    In Op Intrusion Dalunang in the same area, how come the troops achieved their task in the clothing and equipment that were similar to those used in Op Vijay?

    Pakistan may have had better equipment, but equipment alone does not win wars.

    Lets be pragmatic.

    In Op Vijay the troops did a commendable job, but the issue of clothing and weaponry is merely an issue generated by vested interests, though I will concede that better clothing and weaponry is always welcomed and should be progressively added as and when the budget permits!

    We addressed Op Vijay with what we had and I don't remember any soldier complaining!

    Think about the capture of Pt 13620 that dominated the Kargil Town and the Highway. Same clothes and lesser modern weaponry.

    The Indian Army achieves its aim with whatever it has.

    God Bless them for that!
    Last edited by Ray; 17-08-13 at 11:15 AM.

  9. #24
    Member of the Year 2011 Kunal Biswas's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    BHARAT, INDIA, HINDUSTHAN
    Posts
    24,366
    Liked
    22328 times
    India

    Re: Indian Army Tactical blunders during Kargil War ..

    Sir, Equipment is one of the main battle wining factor, It must be given priority within the given budget..

    No Solider will ever complain, But during entire Kargil War many deficiency were noted which were quickly forgotten, This is harmful..

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray View Post
    Ithough I will concede that better clothing and weaponry is always welcomed and should be progressively added as and when the budget permits!

    We addressed Op Vijay with what we had and I don't remember any soldier complaining!

    The Indian Army achieves its aim with whatever it has.
    THE MORE YOU SHARE, THE MORE YOU LEARN..

    http://defenceforumindia.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4163_2.gif

  10. #25
    Elite Member Bhadra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,724
    Liked
    1900 times
    India

    Re: Indian Army Tactical blunders during Kargil War ..

    Its in Punjabi and without subtitles but still one of the rare debates of high quality on defence related issues
    What issues the program has discussed ??

    Can you list ?

    Except for abusing generals ??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Three Indian blunders in the 1971 war!
    By bhramos in forum Defence & Strategic Issues
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 24-11-13, 10:27 AM
  2. congratulation to all indian for kargil vijay diwas
    By Vikramaditya in forum Introductions & Greetings
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 27-07-13, 01:59 PM
  3. Army celebrates 64th Kargil Victory Day
    By sasi in forum Indian Army
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 25-11-12, 10:13 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 17-07-10, 01:39 PM
  5. Join the army, Kargil hero's mother urge country's youth
    By RPK in forum Defence & Strategic Issues
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 06-08-09, 03:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •