Main Battle Tanks and Armour Technology

If Tanks have to evolve, which path they should follow?

• Light Vehicles-Best for mobility

Votes: 25 7.4%
  • Heavy Armour-Can take heavy punishment.

Votes: 57 16.8%
  • Modular Design-Allowing dynamic adaptions.

Votes: 198 58.2%
  • Universal Platform-Best for logistics.

Votes: 60 17.6%

• Total voters

bhramos

Country flag

bhramos

Country flag

bhramos

Country flag
T 34s vs Panzer III, IV and Panther tanks battle scene from the Russian movie

Enquirer

Quick question; How does an auto-loader swtich ammo type? Or can it only load whatever is next in the carousel?
Different ammo types are kept in different 'rows' or in different regions of the 'belt'. The loader can pick the appropriate shell. This is the easy part!
The difficult part (which is one of the reasons why some prefer manual loading) is that once a shell type is loaded, and the commander decides to fire a different type of shell then the autoloaders cannot 'unload' the shell!

binayak95

Country flag
Different ammo types are kept in different 'rows' or in different regions of the 'belt'. The loader can pick the appropriate shell. This is the easy part!
The difficult part (which is one of the reasons why some prefer manual loading) is that once a shell type is loaded, and the commander decides to fire a different type of shell then the autoloaders cannot 'unload' the shell!
I dont think there is any gun breech that allows the gunner to unload once a shell has been loaded.

At least thats what I know from naval guns. It simply is EXTREMELY unsafe and thus, mechanically impossible.

bhramos

Country flag
I dont think there is any gun breech that allows the gunner to unload once a shell has been loaded.

At least thats what I know from naval guns. It simply is EXTREMELY unsafe and thus, mechanically impossible.
but these tanks have Gunner & Commander by side of the Cannon, they might remove it manually ? !!!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles