Pak Sikhs say meat cooked at Panja Sahib, want shrine staff suspended

Blackwater

Islamabad, May 5
The Sikh community has alleged that meat was cooked at Gurdwara Panja Sahib in Hassanabdal and accused the Evacuee Trust Property Board (ETPB), custodian of Sikh shrines in Pakistan, of trying to dump the issue rather than taking steps against those responsible for the sacrilege.

"We demand that an FIR be lodged and the culprits who cooked meat in our gurdwara penalised," community leader Sardar Bishan Singh told The Express Tribune.

"The caretaker, along with the Muslim staff, cooked meat at Gurdwara Panja Sahib on Sunday," said a member of the Gurdwara Panja Sahib Sewadar Society, Pritam Singh. "It is unfortunate for the Sikhs that custodians of their religious places, who are Muslims, have violated their faith," said Bishan Singh.

Pritam Singh alleged that he had caught a staff member red-handed with meat in the gurdwara kitchen. "When I complained to the caretaker of the gurdwara, Memrooz Khan, he rebuffed my plea," he said.

The board's additional secretary and deputy administrator then conducted an inquiry and transferred the gurdwara staff. "We demanded that all employees involved in the act should be suspended, but the board refused to do so," Rajan Singh said.

Bishan Singh said anyone who desecrated a religious place should be

tried under Section 295 of the Pakistan Penal Code.

The board's deputy Administrator Faraz Abbas told The Express Tribune that he was not sure whether anyone had cooked meat at the gurdwara, but on complaints by the community, the entire staff had been transferred.
:mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:
http://www.tribuneindia.com/2011/20110506/punjab.htm#7

Blackwater

Disease and Death to shitty pakistan :pakistan::pakistan::pakistan::shoot::shoot::shoot:

Blackwater

Pakistan: Eight killed in Quetta explosion
At least eight people belonging to Pakistan's minority Shia community have been killed in an explosion in the south-western city of Quetta.

Police said the cause of the blast, which wounded 10 others, was not clear.

One report said suspected militants had opened fire on a group of Shias and fled. Others said rockets were fired on the men.

Sunni and Shia extremists have frequently clashed and launched attacks on each other over the past 20 years.

Correspondents say attacks in Karachi, Peshawar, Quetta and the north-west seem to be manifestations of the bitter split between Sunnis and Shias.

In January at least 10 people were killed when twin blasts targeted Shia processions in Lahore and Karachi.:becky::becky::becky::balle::balle:

And in September 2010 at least 50 people died in a suicide bombing at a Shia rally in Quetta.

The group accused of orchestrating the violence in recent years is Lashkar-e-Jhangvi, widely seen as the armed wing of the militant Sunni Sipah-e-Sahaba group.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Why the Dic.kens are the Shrines under the custody of Non Believers?

Blackwater

Coz its under supervision of Pakistan Gurudawara Prabathak Commitee. They want all control in there own hands. I mean all control financial and admin..

They show anti-India videos to sikh pilgrims in langar hals who were visititng pak gurudwara and try to fresh 1984 wounds...

Last edited by a moderator:

Oracle

Sikhs does not eat meat or it is banned in Gurudwara?

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
whats the reasoning ?

it doesn't seem logical ? is eating meat also banned for sikhs ?

Blackwater

whats the reasoning ?

it doesn't seem logical ? is eating meat also banned for sikhs ?

Not for sikhs but khalsa who drink Amrit and Baptised. It's same like we don't eat meat and drink liquor in temple or Mosque
or church

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Not for sikhs but khalsa who drink Amrit and Baptised. It's same like we don't eat meat and drink liquor in temple or Mosque
or church
Ive seem people eating meat in mosque and church.

Sikhs are not allowed to drink either but ive not met a sikh who doesn't drink and doesn't eat butter chicken.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag

Sikhs are not allowed to drink either but ive not met a sikh who doesn't drink and doesn't eat butter chicken.
Butter Chicken? Can they eat chicken chetinad and still remain a sikh? :D

Blackwater

Well there are Muslims,who drinks and eat pork but not in mosque.There are Hindus who drinks and eat meat but not in temple. I dont know which catagory u fall in ?????

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Well there are Muslims,who drinks and eat pork but not in mosque.There are Hindus who drinks and eat meat but not in temple. I dont know which catagory u fall in ?????
I dont fall in either category!

Eating pork inside or outside of mosque is equally bad for muslims since its haram to eat pork and same for hindus regarding meat in temple.

Tell me is eating meat wrong for sikhs ? If yes then i understand the story in the OP since it would be insult. If not then why is it okay to eat meat but not inside gurdwara ? I am not aware of sikh rules so want to learn about it.

Blackwater

I dont fall in either category!

Eating pork inside or outside of mosque is equally bad for muslims since its haram to eat pork and same for hindus regarding meat in temple.

Tell me is eating meat wrong for sikhs ? If yes then i understand the story in the OP since it would be insult. If not then why is it okay to eat meat but not inside gurdwara ? I am not aware of sikh rules so want to learn about it.
Rule is it's forbidden to eat meat or drink or taken any tobacco in gurudwara premises. Rest outside u can do wat ever u want, nobody stopping you. This not rocket science it's same as cooking pork in mosque or cow in temple. You can imagine seriousness of this case rather than make fun of it

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Rule is it's forbidden to eat meat or drink or taken any tobacco in gurudwara premises. Rest outside u can do wat ever u want, nobody stopping you. This not rocket science it's same as cooking pork in mosque or cow in temple. You can imagine seriousness of this case rather than make fun of it
You are not understanding what i am asking.

Cooking pork is haram inside and outside of mosque and cooking cow is also haram inside or outside of temple.

An example: why is cooking chicken haram inside gurdwara and not outside. For eg cooking chicken/mutton/fish is not haram inside mosque

Are there different rules for sikhs for inside gurdwara and outside ? I am not making fun but trying to understand.

Blackwater

You are not understanding what i am asking.

Cooking pork is haram inside and outside of mosque and cooking cow is also haram inside or outside of temple.

An example: why is cooking chicken haram inside gurdwara and not outside. For eg cooking chicken/mutton/fish is not haram inside mosque

Are there different rules for sikhs for inside gurdwara and outside ? I am not making fun but trying to understand.

you mean to say Hindus don't eat or cook meat out side temple ?? They don't cook meat drink in there home??????? or Muslims don't drink outside mosque or smoke ????. Have u seen pope smokking in vatican city???

The news was ,that bunch of muslims made meat in side langar hall of gurudawara.

Is it a big physics formula for u.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
you mean to say Hindus don't eat or cook meat out side temple ?? They don't cook meat drink in there home??????? or Muslims don't drink outside mosque or smoke ????. Have u seen pope smokking in vatican city???

The news was ,that bunch of muslims made meat in side langar hall of gurudawara.

Is it a big physics formula for u.
Im asking something else and your answering something else.

Leave it :)

Blackwater

There are two types of people in every religion. liberal and orthodox. In sikhisim also there are two types of people who drinks,and eat meat and who don't. but despite of everything both liberal and orthodox don't cook ,eat meat and drink in gurudawara...

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles