Indian Navy still have eyes on F-35

anupamsurey

Country flag
If India wants to dominate global naval warfare domain, it needs to build catobar 85,000 ton carriers (minimum six) with T-50 PAKFA marine version along with MiG-29/Rafale/LCA Navy on it. There will be no match of that fighter-carrier combo in marine domain anywhere in the world.

Already, a section of US Navy is apprehensive of this situation in future, if I go buy their online forum discussions.
the best option will be to develop AMCA and a Naval Variant of AMCA quickly. otherwise our Navy will be just another Navy with Foreign teeth to chew on something. and about PAKFA, i m doubtful about its capabilities (though I m not an expert in planes and weapons), and that of russians in producing a stealth jet.

Last edited:

Pulkit

Satyameva Jayate "Truth Alone Triumphs"
Country flag
Russians are not sure of PAKFA. Why should we fund their research?
We need a fifth gen aircraft for our IAF at any cost by 2022. PAKFA with 144 A/C built and developed(shared) with Russia at 22 billions is not a bad deal at all.
Russians are not ditching PAKFA FGFA they have full faith in it as they are also aware if they abandon this now they will be even decades behind China and they are already decades behind US.

The numbers are affected due to economic reasons are world politics.
India should take care of its interest and use this scenario in there own benefit.

We can even get a better deal than before.

If indian navy wants air superiority over Asia for at least next five decades f-35 is the logical choice
F-35 in all aspects is a disaster.
1)Too Costly
2)No Chance of TOT
3)Total dependency on US
4)Not yet prooved
5)Stealth coating too expensive to be maitained
6)if Stealth Fails no chance of dog fight
7)Radars are improving on daily basis who knws in the next one decade even it will be able to effective.
8)The software used in F-35 had glitches which lead to few delays no one knows if it is sorted out or not.
9)(I might be confused here in this point particularly between F35 and F22) Pilots have raised voices and complained about oxygen supply.
10)F-35 cannot do ground support due to very weak Skin structure for the sake of stealth
11)cannot turn at great rate.
12)Even if we place order today we will need to wait alot so that first the partner countries receive there aircrafts.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles