INS Vishal (IAC- II) Aircraft Carrier - Flattop or Ski Jump

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
And we are, But there must be an Aircraft ready for our specialized needs..

Are there any ?

The future is coming fast and India must be prepared. While many are taking about the Mig-29K, N-LCA, and even Rafale. China is developing Stealthy 5th Generation Naval Fighter like the J-31.

Crusader53

Agreed but the only 5th gen naval fighter out there is the F-35. And I';; be damned if the navy accepts f 35 instead of Rafale

Why would anybody prefer the far less capable Rafale over the F-35???

hello_10

Tihar Jail
Banned
The F-35 is still beset with problems and will take a decade just to fix it and make it a half decent plane with very low payload.
F35 isn't ready for any type of combat yet, hopefully by 2018. but its still believed that it is very good for those operations where stealth characteristics will be the key otherwise, :wave:

hence with the reports of F35/JSF, the best you may think for IAC-2, if it will have capacity of 70 fixed wing aircraft, 60 Rafale + 10 F35....... the most competent Aircraft Carrier this way by 2020 :thumb:

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
F35 isn't ready for any type of combat yet, hopefully by 2018. but its still believed that it is very good for those operations where stealth characteristics will be the key otherwise, :wave:

hence with the reports of F35/JSF, the best you may think for IAC-2, if it will have capacity of 70 fixed wing aircraft, 60 Rafale + 10 F35....... the most competent Aircraft Carrier this way by 2020 :thumb:
And Still F22 didn't attend any Combat Scenarios may be we can see after 2016

hello_10

Tihar Jail
Banned
And Still F22 didn't attend any Combat Scenarios may be we can see after 2016
F22 is well regarded as for "Strategic Deterrence" only. neither US told anyone about F22 nor others want to know about that aircraft whose production is also closed, while they are struggling with another 5th gen and $240mil worth F35 at the same? we have more reason to say that F22 may have few key techs but its for the certain operations only, where key stealth characteristics are required :wave:

binayak95

Country flag
htats we hope from 2022+, a single engine variant of PAK FA, lets see :thumb:
I think a combination of Rafales and Migs will suffice for our needs. AS for the F-35 god help the Royal Navy, they may end up with a 65000 tonne spanking new carrier but no fighters!!
If 5th gen is necessary, than fingers crossed for the AMCA naval version.

prestigiousindian

There are no bigger chances that we ll find ourselves in a war b4 the end of this decade... IF AMCA and IAC-ii are realised by 2022 timeframe it wud be a big difference in our power projection beyond that period... This is my assumption..

Crusader53

I think a combination of Rafales and Migs will suffice for our needs. AS for the F-35 god help the Royal Navy, they may end up with a 65000 tonne spanking new carrier but no fighters!!
If 5th gen is necessary, than fingers crossed for the AMCA naval version.
Funny, the F-35B is doing well and the first USMC Squadron is forming up as we speak. In addition a F-35B equipped with internal weapons has better range than a Super Hornet with External Stores. (i.e. similar payload) As a matter of fact I haven't looked up the numbers. Yet, I wouldn't be at all surprised. If that is also the case with the Rafale.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Can F-35B & C purchased with full tot just like in Rafale deal, And can it be manufactured here licensed with its engine and other avionics so does is there will be any strings attached before purchasing ?

If yes, Very good..

If no in any part of that sentence, Its Obvious..

Funny, the F-35B is doing well and the first USMC Squadron is forming up as we speak. In addition a F-35B equipped with internal weapons has better range than a Super Hornet with External Stores. (i.e. similar payload) As a matter of fact I haven't looked up the numbers. Yet, I wouldn't be at all surprised. If that is also the case with the Rafale.

hello_10

Tihar Jail
Banned
Can F-35B & C purchased with full tot just like in Rafale deal, And can it be manufactured here licensed with its engine and other avionics so does is there will be any strings attached before purchasing ?

If yes, Very good..

If no in any part of that sentence, Its Obvious..
I would repeat that F35b would be accepted only in case we can't have our own 5th gen of naval variant, whether a single engine PAK FA variant or AMCA etc.... but in the current state, if you find IAC-2 having capability of 70 fixed wing aircrafts then you may have 60 Rafale + 10 F35b only, no more than that, for those operations where stealth characteristics is the key. but you can't even think to have this crap in more than 10 in number, until they do get any success on this trillion dollar project, which we find a total failure. either a project is a success or a failure, and the way IOC of F35 is now delayed till 2018, with already 20 prototypes but still "minimum expected performance" to replace F16s couldn't be achieved, we would advice them to start on a new project now with the experience they gained on F35 :wave:

It is called Rafale...
Rafale is very expansive in its current form but if India goes for it, as likely, then it will then have a running production line in India from 2020+, with full training on this bird too till then, one aircraft for both IAF and IN, and it all makes Rafale favorite for IAC-2 :thumb:

Rafale will have the same advantage from 2020+, as SU30mki has right now, for what India just signed $4.3billion contract for 42 bird of Super Sukhoi standard. SU30mki has full and running production line in India, with full infrastructure and training etc, so right now its the only cost is of buying new ones on a mature production line only. in the same way, the time Rafale will have got its mature production line with full infrastructure/training etc in India, it will be the price of only bird since 2022+ for IAC-2, the so called best available 4++ 'Multi-Role' aircraft right now :thumb:

Last edited:

Patriot

Country flag
Why would anybody prefer the far less capable Rafale over the F-35???
Because F-35 is like a VVhore with HIV, do not sell AIDS please. Be a better p!mp.

The future is coming fast and India must be prepared. While many are taking about the Mig-29K, N-LCA, and even Rafale. China is developing Stealthy 5th Generation Naval Fighter like the J-31.
You guys should be more worried about developments in China.

Your way of putting fear psychosis is utterly naive. My advice please donate it to your Ally for Terror Pakistan as it will help them for fishing for you. Sore @SS

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
as far as j-31 is concerned it is atleast a decade away from induction since it made it flight just last year.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles