Arjun Main Battle Tank (MBT)

jai jaganath

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Yeah Russian fuckall tactics and idiocy does not make the Tank obsolete - if anything it demonstrates once again, the need for combined arms doctrine AND training.
The same Soviet origin tanks are being used to great effect by the Ukrainians - and if you study the AbramsX you'll notice some interesting thought process behind survivability and lethality in the modern age.

And apart from everything - russian tanks with their carousel of doom stood no chance of survivability.
Add to that the pictures of captured Russian tanks with horrible armour, non existent explosive filler in their ERA and I find it hilarious that these tanks were sent in at all.
Isn't this applicable on our tanks
Same armour and era
Even ours are obsolete

binayak95

Country flag
Isn't this applicable on our tanks
Same armour and era
Even ours are obsolete
yeah but our troops are not 1 year contract mercenaries.

We fought our last armour engagement in 1971
Russians - before Ukraine they fought the last armour conflict in WWII - and then proceeded to destroy institutional knowledge that they had in purges.

jai jaganath

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

Russians - before Ukraine they fought the last armour conflict in WWII - and then proceeded to destroy institutional knowledge that they had in purges.
Anyway bro
Our tanks are as as same as Russians if not worse
Our tanks are as vulnerable as theirs
Infact they have tank building complex what do we have we can't make any changes so if our tanks fail we have no other options than fight with tin cans

STORE

Nope. Russia used tanks in Chechen wars and Georgian war as well.

binayak95

Country flag
Anyway bro
Infact they have tank building complex what do we have we can't make any changes so if our tanks fail we have no other options than fight with tin cans
No if anything, indian T90s and T72s are quite different to Russian tanks.
We have our own sensors, our own ammo, our own baseline armour and ERA as well.

They are very different - same as comparing the original M1 105mm tank with the M1A1HC.

And dont forget, Ukraine is using the exact same T72/T80s to good effect. It all boils down to the men fighting (and the combined arms), not the tank.

binayak95

Country flag
What good effect did Ukraine tanks bring? I have barely heard anything positive about Ukrainian tanks. Mostly its just destroyed tanks I see. Nothing else.
Combined arms advances, capturing lost towns and territories, several well laid ambushes by old T64BVs

STORE

Combined arms advances, capturing lost towns and territories, several well laid ambushes by old T64BVs
That got nothing to do with T64BV ability. Capturing lost towns and territories were done by infantry with light armoured vehicles like hummers and other APC'c ,tanks r barely used for it. I have never heard of any tank ambush by Ukraine It's mostly Jawlin and nlaw tht targets russian tanks.

jai jaganath

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
No if anything, indian T90s and T72s are quite different to Russian tanks.
We have our own sensors, our own ammo, our own baseline armour and ERA as well.

They are very different - same as comparing the original M1 105mm tank with the M1A1HC.

And dont forget, Ukraine is using the exact same T72/T80s to good effect. It all boils down to the men fighting (and the combined arms), not the tank.
Our sensors are mostly same as Russians only quality is better due western equipments
But nothing too way advantageous
No way our era would be better than theirs as they have been making tanks for centuries atleast
Where did Ukraine used tanks in good amt whatever was used was also destroyed
I am not saying tanks are obsolete but ours are obsolete
I am afraid when we have to fight against porkis or chini our tanks will fall apart before theirs
Our t-90s are nothing but tin cans
I don't think they could even stand a chance against Chinese mordern tanks if not upgraded and t90 upgrade us jot even in radar

binayak95

Country flag
Our sensors are mostly same as Russians only quality is better due western equipments
But nothing too way advantageous
No way our era would be better than theirs as they have been making tanks for centuries atleast
Where did Ukraine used tanks in good amt whatever was used was also destroyed
I am not saying tanks are obsolete but ours are obsolete
I am afraid when we have to fight against porkis or chini our tanks will fall apart before theirs
Our t-90s are nothing but tin cans
I don't think they could even stand a chance against Chinese mordern tanks if not upgraded and t90 upgrade us jot even in radar
Sahi hai.
Excellent analysis. Pray tell where did Chinese modern tanks come from?
Indian ERA and armour is far more capable than Russian variants. Thats why we went through the bother of developing them.
Kanchan was capable of stopping the then best Israeli APFSDS at 100m (which is point blank for tanks)
It has since then been iteratively refined.
These very wide ranging statements on tin cans are passe; makes you look like a fool. Do your research.
ARDE's 125mm smoothbore sustains 25-30% higher barrel pressure than the 2A46M gun from the ruskies.
The steel/composite sandwich that Kanchan is made from was originally modeled on British Chobham armour - except it was a derivative with materials substituted for our requirements.
The ammunition has been primarily an Israeli derivative - i needn't say more.
Our thermal sights used to be Thales - French. Nowadays its TONBO sights, with even MKU getting in on the game.

AJNA see through armour ke baare mai pata hi hoga.
T72 Ajeyas have their own BFSR - creates a comprehensive tactical picture for the battalion commander.
Blue Force synchronization is also a think on board the new built T90s and Arjuns.

Fire and groove

Country flag
Anyway bro
No they're not. Our tanks are modded and customised to our specs.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag
Sahi hai.
Excellent analysis. Pray tell where did Chinese modern tanks come from?
Indian ERA and armour is far more capable than Russian variants. Thats why we went through the bother of developing them.
Kanchan was capable of stopping the then best Israeli APFSDS at 100m (which is point blank for tanks)
It has since then been iteratively refined.
These very wide ranging statements on tin cans are passe; makes you look like a fool. Do your research.
ARDE's 125mm smoothbore sustains 25-30% higher barrel pressure than the 2A46M gun from the ruskies.
The steel/composite sandwich that Kanchan is made from was originally modeled on British Chobham armour - except it was a derivative with materials substituted for our requirements.
The ammunition has been primarily an Israeli derivative - i needn't say more.
Our thermal sights used to be Thales - French. Nowadays its TONBO sights, with even MKU getting in on the game.

AJNA see through armour ke baare mai pata hi hoga.
T72 Ajeyas have their own BFSR - creates a comprehensive tactical picture for the battalion commander.
Blue Force synchronization is also a think on board the new built T90s and Arjuns.
Really, so we use arjun armour on it ?

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
About tank development you have to see the things sub component wise.
Our indigenous production has come a long way.
A modern FMBT can be put together anytime granted that the associated technology are ready.

We have come a long way since when tanks used to be just a metal box, now it's the associated electronics and devices that give edge to a tank.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles