DRDO's New Tank "Karna" MBT.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
if that is not the case then why the hell, IA keeping in insisting Arjun is not up to the standard and they just keep on ordering T 90S tank from Russia in such great numbers ???
We all know IAs given reasons such as transport...ect. But the simple fact is Arjun cannot be produced fast enough to reach 2,500 modern MBTs by 2020. The projected force structure was reworked in 2008 to scrap a bunch of junk T-72s and replace them with T-90s. Instead of having 2,500 T-72s, there will only be 692. If anything was to be cut for more Arjuns, it would be T-72 upgrades. I have no problem with IA fielding 800+ Arjuns along with 1,657 T-90s. It is the T-72s that need to go.

SHASH2K2

Its widely known that many of Indian forces decisions are influenced by kickbacks. be it for Generals or for ministers. aag hoti hai tabhi dhuan uthta hai sirjee.( smoke comes only when there is fire)

san

any proof ..in way you are insulting IA and its armoued core officers
Sorry Singh Shaab. I have no any proof. But can you provide proof that their is no kickbacks and none army personel is corrupt. To say the truth is not insulting to IA and also I have mentioned the word "corrrupt", so anybody who is not corrupt, should not bother or feel insulted.

AJSINGH

Sorry Singh Shaab. I have no any proof. But can you provide proof that their is no kickbacks and none army personel is corrupt. To say the truth is not insulting to IA and also I have mentioned the word "corrrupt", so anybody who is not corrupt, should not bother or feel insulted.
since you have no proof then my giving proof does not even come up ( since you were the one who said that IA officers are recieving kickbacks )

AJSINGH

going to substandard T 90S tank when better Arjun home grown tank which fulfill the GSQR is available that too after so much persuasion by DRDO to hold comparative trials for the tanks and finally after danda from GOI, that trial took place, which shows Arjun tank as clear winner, this fact prima facie let us to believe that fact that too much votak is flowing.

if that is not the case then why the hell, IA keeping in insisting Arjun is not up to the standard and they just keep on ordering T 90S tank from Russia in such great numbers ???
tell me a single IA armoued core officer who said that Arjun is better than T-90S ..remember media access is with DRDO and with IA, infact the result of the test in which arjun and T-90S took part has not yet even become public and is still classified

and tell me how T-90S is substandard then Arjun

AJSINGH

Its widely known that many of Indian forces decisions are influenced by kickbacks. be it for Generals or for ministers. aag hoti hai tabhi dhuan uthta hai sirjee.( smoke comes only when there is fire)
if it is true in this case ,then you must back it up

gogbot

since you have no proof then my giving proof does not even come up ( since you were the one who said that IA officers are recieving kickbacks )
tell me a single IA armoued core officer who said that Arjun is better than T-90S ..remember media access is with DRDO and with IA, infact the result of the test in which arjun and T-90S took part has not yet even become public and is still classified

if it is true in this case ,then you must back it up
Please do explain to us the reason,

that the Indian Army High command decided to order 124 more Arjun's after the trials. Even though right into the trials they maintained that the cap on Arjun orders will be maintained.

Why despite , so called experts , talking about how the tank is overweight and all such nonsence right up to the trials , have suddenly become silent , Amry officers who said All those things about Arjun are also quiet.

The only news regarding the Arjun since the trials , has been that they have outgunned and outpwerformed the T-90 , and then quite news of an increase in the order in the number of Arjun's by another additional 124.
the full Sanction of the Arjun-MkII as well.

Why ?
explain.

Why is no one talking about how , this is MoD , or DRDO bullying hte poor help less Generals.
Why is no one criticizing these moves ?
Where are all those fools who called the Arjun overweight ?

Where are all those critcs , they all suddenly became silent ?

Reason : Arjun with the black box's(we all know ,why) installed , trumped the T-90 in the trials , now all critics were silenced. imports lobby also has to be quiet not

You have a better reason , i will gladly here it

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag

There are so many news items in the net and newspapers which said that Arjun tank was found to be superior to T 90S, this news is not denied by IA, nor by MOD or GOI.

this is implied acceptance of the fact Arjun is far superior then T 90S tank.

What do you expect the armoued core officer, who have all along said that T 90S is their MBT, after the defeat of the T 90S in the trial will go back to their words that Arjun tank was found to superior.

AJSINGH

Please do explain to us the reason,

that the Indian Army High command decided to order 124 more Arjun's after the trials. Even though right into the trials they maintained that the cap on Arjun orders will be maintained.

Why despite , so called experts , talking about how the tank is overweight and all such nonsence right up to the trials , have suddenly become silent , Amry officers who said All those things about Arjun are also quiet.

The only news regarding the Arjun since the trials , has been that they have outgunned and outpwerformed the T-90 , and then quite news of an increase in the order in the number of Arjun's by another additional 124.
the full Sanction of the Arjun-MkII as well.

Why ?
explain.

Why is no one talking about how , this is MoD , or DRDO bullying hte poor help less Generals.
Why is no one criticizing these moves ?
Where are all those fools who called the Arjun overweight ?

Where are all those critcs , they all suddenly became silent ?

Reason : Arjun with the black box's(we all know ,why) installed , trumped the T-90 in the trials , now all critics were silenced. imports lobby also has to be quiet not

You have a better reason , i will gladly here it
first i want to say that ,order fro another 124 Arjun tanks is nothing compared to IA having 1600 T-90S, second yes trials happened the arjun tank perforemd well but did it outperform T-90S ,no one knows ( not even DRDO ) so why the hell IA order more Arjun ,the possible reason is that Arjun is better than the upgraded T-72M1 ,so they ordered more of arjun ,plus MoD influence is also there
has arjun rectified all the problems it had , i say yes that is why more order but stil 124+124 arjun is still nothing

AJSINGH

There are so many news items in the net and newspapers which said that Arjun tank was found to be superior to T 90S, this news is not denied by IA, nor by MOD or GOI.

this is implied acceptance of the fact Arjun is far superior then T 90S tank.

What do you expect the armoued core officer, who have all along said that T 90S is their MBT, after the defeat of the T 90S in the trial will go back to their words that Arjun tank was found to superior.
okay i take your word that there are article which say that Arjun is better than T-90S ,but then IA has not said so , it has surely not said that Arjun better than T-90S, and why most of the times IA officers do not give public statement is because those individual are not allowed to do so ,even then neither army chief has said explicitly that Arjun "outperformed and outgunned " T-90S
and can you list any article better yet compare the two tanks on the basis of information in public domain

Aathithya2

http://idrw.org/?p=138

Indian Army T-72 now equipped with night vision : Defence Minister
BY: IDRW NEWS NETWORK

Defence Minister stated in parliament yesterday that some T-72 Main battle tanks have already gone through upgrades and are all ready equipped with night vision technology which will enable the tank and the crew to fight effectively at night ,

he also informed other ministers that other T-72 will also be upgraded soon and it is a on going upgrade process taken up by army along with DRDO labs in the country , and upgrade equipments have been purchased from international systems manufactures .

Few months ago Army chief in media had declared that T-72 tanks cannot fight at night since they lack night vision technology , T-72 tank upgrade has been a slow process due to various bureaucracy and in delay in procuring key equipments for the upgrade .

T-72 still forms the backbone of the Indian armies tank fleet which slowly has been getting replaced by new modern Russian built T-90s tanks .

Chris Jude

Country flag
For LCA to go into production it took 30 years, God knows how many more for Karna, the Government should corporatise DRDO and make it answerable with targets fixed.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles