ADA Tejas Mark-II/Medium Weight Fighter

abhi_the _gr8_maratha

Country flag
I am working in the field on Aero field Sir I know its a time consuming process......

I know it takes time but I dont understand how they plan it one day they say 2016 then 2017 then 2018 then 2020 and so on....
today DRDO HAL ADA has all the resources to complete everything even MRCA and MK2 paralelly by 2018-19 but they wont... donno why??
in 2018, I think they will fly first prototype , tamilmani in an interview said that it will take 12-14 to develop AMCA
as far tejas is concerned, its only 4.5 gen gem in light category.
avinash chandar has done something magical cause delays are getting from years to month
what we need is a platform , for us dhruv, arjun, agni ,astra , akash etc. All are platforms
but look at their next variant are quite fast in development
astra 2 ready for trial ,dhruv have 4 variant, arjun mk2 was ready in 2.5 years though had some problem , agni was also fast developed
it always takes 20 years to develop a good aircraft

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
I don`t know what Critics told you some stories of there own, But Tejas is way forward to our dependence on ourselves that is exactly China specific ..

You have to study Tejas and learn about its capabilities rather listen to anyother mouth and consuming it and then you can understand its role and can do a effective comparision to any other ..

Why not just google ' 14 sqadron of tejas ' the news is being posted here many times with links ..

Kindly lemme know the 14 squad by IAF news as I have not read that anywhere if its there then Its good but I dont see that happening ... Fingers crossed...The Critics do have few good points we have to agree that next 2 decades are gonna be not PAK based but China and there Tejas is weak....Sorry I am getting into LCH and Dhruv and Rudra but even they have not been able to satisfy defense forces slowly...our subs are depleting our plans our 5-6 years delayed.... everything in last decade is having bad impact on our defense now....No speedy induction always crying for money... will we be able to cover the time we have lost under last govt.... hope we do...when is IAF getting the first lot of Tejas?

Pulkit

Satyameva Jayate "Truth Alone Triumphs"
Country flag
Sure...
Asked this because I am no Expert in this field wht ever i googled and articles I read pointed this out so raised it...
As everyone is comparing it with rafale which is comparing apples with oranges... some say its not as per req of IAF ... MK2 will b a bit closer to req.........When they say such things even google cant help.... thats why i m here....

I think U r refering to IAF will buy 14 Tejas squadrons, lowering costs | Business Standard when you say 14 Squad but here also they have specificly said and I quote ...
"So far, the IAF has committed to inducting only six Tejas squadrons — two squadrons of the current Tejas Mark I, and four squadrons of the improved Tejas Mark II. In addition, the navy plans to buy 40-50 Tejas for its future aircraft carriers.
"
SO they have ordered 6 till now ..... I hope they show faith in this great A/C....
If I hve quoted said nethin wrong do lemme know

I don`t know what Critics told you some stories of there own, But Tejas is way forward to our dependence on ourselves that is exactly China specific ..

You have to study Tejas and learn about its capabilities rather listen to anyother mouth and consuming it and then you can understand its role and can do a effective comparision to any other ..

Why not just google ' 14 sqadron of tejas ' the news is being posted here many times with links ..

Pulkit

Country flag
Yes it is true it takes 20 years to design an aircraft ....and not to forget the budgets are way higher than ours...
MOst of these platforms are not able to make the defense forces happy ... they always want some thing new foreign .....
avinash chandar if he delivers it ,it will be great .... but based on HAL/DRDO past thats difficult.....

in 2018, I think they will fly first prototype , tamilmani in an interview said that it will take 12-14 to develop AMCA
as far tejas is concerned, its only 4.5 gen gem in light category.
avinash chandar has done something magical cause delays are getting from years to month
what we need is a platform , for us dhruv, arjun, agni ,astra , akash etc. All are platforms
but look at their next variant are quite fast in development
astra 2 ready for trial ,dhruv have 4 variant, arjun mk2 was ready in 2.5 years though had some problem , agni was also fast developed
it always takes 20 years to develop a good aircraft

dealwithit

Yes it is true it takes 20 years to design an aircraft ....and not to forget the budgets are way higher than ours...
MOst of these platforms are not able to make the defense forces happy ... they always want some thing new foreign .....
avinash chandar if he delivers it ,it will be great .... but based on HAL/DRDO past thats difficult.....

One thing too add ......... It is not considered important but........ It truly plays a factor....

Congree (UPA) vs BJP(NDA)

Congress doesn't care about things seriously... it cares for Money....money money...

Things will change in defence sector toooo and it will change fast ...........Wait n see Pulikesi

Pulkit

Country flag
Agreed thats it will be based on the decision making of new govt.... but it also depends on our Defense structure which is still the same....
New govt will be caught between inflation , corruption and increase in defense budget upto 2.2 to 2.5 % from 1.7%app.... which will make a huge impact......
Correct me if i am wrong...

Thanks for calling me "Pulikesi" never got called that... :laugh:
Hi I m Pulkit ... And yes I hope same too....

One thing too add ......... It is not considered important but........ It truly plays a factor....

Congree (UPA) vs BJP(NDA)

Congress doesn't care about things seriously... it cares for Money....money money...

Things will change in defence sector toooo and it will change fast ...........Wait n see Pulikesi

dealwithit

Agreed thats it will be based on the decision making of new govt.... but it also depends on our Defense structure which is still the same....
New govt will be caught between inflation , corruption and increase in defense budget upto 2.2 to 2.5 % from 1.7%app.... which will make a huge impact......
Correct me if i am wrong...

Thanks for calling me "Pulikesi" never got called that... :laugh:
Hi I m Pulkit ... And yes I hope same too....
OK I have read yesterday.... DRDO issued for notice for 100 more scientists... and renewed 3 for Tejas...

Things will change fast better than u anticipated.............

From New recruitment's to new deals every thing will be moving fast.............

Pulkit

Country flag
I think they are counting on the saying "Better Late than Never".....
I am not criticizing them as I understand the limitations and issues...
Is that hiring of 100 more for Tejas ?

OK I have read yesterday.... DRDO issued for notice for 100 more scientists... and renewed 3 for Tejas...

Things will change fast better than u anticipated.............

From New recruitment's to new deals every thing will be moving fast.............

dealwithit

They are not categorized that way.............

Scientist 'B': 24
Scientist 'C': 32
Scientist 'D': 18
Scientist 'E': 18
Scientist 'F': 13

Total No. of Post: 105 Posts

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
If you have time than you can read this and other tejas MK1 thread where these articles are being dissected and exposed ..

In a written statement tabled in the Lok Sabha on Monday, Antony's deputy, Jitendra Singh, stated, "The MiG-21 and MiG-27 aircrafts of the IAF have already been upgraded and currently equip 14 combat squadrons. These aircraft, however, are planned for being phased out over the next few years and will be replaced by the LCA."
To add more clarity, MOD and IAF dicision to replace these 14 squadrons of Migs by Tejas, IAF and IN will be giving orders for more Tejas when first orders will be delivered, And to meet to this mass number there will be more production line to meet the quantity at the end of the deadline, Untill then IAF and IN will not give further orders We just have to wait and watch how things goes on ..

Sure...
I think U r refering to IAF will buy 14 Tejas squadrons, lowering costs | Business Standard when you say 14 Squad but here also they have specificly said and I quote ...
"So far, the IAF has committed to inducting only six Tejas squadrons — two squadrons of the current Tejas Mark I, and four squadrons of the improved Tejas Mark II. In addition, the navy plans to buy 40-50 Tejas for its future aircraft carriers.
"
SO they have ordered 6 till now ..... I hope they show faith in this great A/C....
If I hve quoted said nethin wrong do lemme know

Austinjimson

Kunal, could you put some light on which theatres could our air force use tejas against??

Sent from my GT-I8730 using Tapatalk

DivineHeretic

Country flag
Kunal, could you put some light on which theatres could our air force use tejas against??

Sent from my GT-I8730 using Tapatalk
I'm not him, but will try to answer to the best of my knowledge.

The Tejas can and will be used in all theatres the Tejas can deploy and fly to and fly with a worthwhile combat load. That basically means the Tejas can and will be deployed to all theatres the nation finds its importance.

You don't see and hear about the Tejas being tested in the different locations for no reason.

But capability apart, The tejas will primarily perform the role of providing Close Air in support of land forces, with the close air support being provided in form of air defence to supporting strike missions.

Pulkit

Country flag
Can it be good news for Tejas aswell?????

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Its more like they want to learn from Tejas and in return will provide minor tot details that too in half ..

Pulkit

Country flag
But wont that minor details TOT even in half save alot of time and money....
It will be both way they will be producing it in joint venture good for us ... lesser cost better product?

Its more like they want to learn from Tejas and in return will provide minor tot details that too in half ..

abhi_the _gr8_maratha

Country flag
@Pulkit
no. It will be waste of money cause they want 51% share
SAAB will only help in fitting engine and more challenges lie ahead of DRDO than fitting of engine . It is difficult job to fit more powerful radar, better EW suit and there will also be changes in air-intake cause more powerful engine needs a bigger air intake.
DRDO official said that work on design phase of tejas mk2 is going well. And new update says it is completed - Defence News - Tejas MK2 design phase complete , second Naval Lca Soon : DRDO
though SAAB called tejas mk2 as cheap but competitive to MMRCA fighters. SAAB is doing business. And no there won't gonna be a delivery early cause SAAB thinks just new engine have to be fitted but as I told you, there is vast change in design basically in air-intake cause mk1 have very small air-intake

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles