Su-30 MKI

Status
Not open for further replies.

plugwater

these 42 Su-30 would be of MK standard not MKI, these are mainly of Bomber standards, these will be under Strategic Command for N-missions and Bombing role and can carry Brahmos,
What are Mk and MKI standards?

No, it wont be under SFC.

p2prada

mirage will get next gen capabilities... well said by def minister, air chief and well recorded by media. moreover if u go thru all the previous articles pertaining 42 su-30 purchase then its pretty much clear that only latest 42 su-30 will be upgraded to super-30 config.... research... i stand by facts
Nope. 40 of them will go through an air frame strengthening program in order to raise the wet point capability to above 2.5 tons from the current 2 tons in order to carry Brahmos. We do not know if the later tranches of MKIs will carry the Brahmos or not apart from the initial 40.

I had argued this with nitesh a long time ago. All MKIs will be MLUed during production and after. They will all carry AESA and the works, all 270 of them.

As for Mirage-2000, the radar and other equipment it is currently carrying is 3rd gen standards made in the 1980s. The current version of the M-2000 can detect and track a fighter sized object from 60 to 70 Km only which is pretty much the same as the Mig-21 Bison. It will carry a RDY-3 radar after the upgrade which will give it the capability to detect and track at above 120Km along with SAR mode. Comparatively the current Bars on the MKI already detects and tracks fighter sized objects at 180Km. That's why Air chief and RM said the Mirage will get next gen capabilities. Currently our Mirage-2000s and Mig-29s are technologically the same as a F-16 Block 20 which is pretty much a 3 decade old technology.

After the upgrade the MKI will be in the range of the F-15E with smaller RCS while the Mirage-2000 and Mig-29 will be equivalent to the F-16 Block 50/52 version.

p2prada

40 Su-30MKI's for SFC
http://defenceforumindia.com/strate...mand-acquire-40-nuclear-capable-fighters.html

2 are which destroyed in recent accidents... for IAF.

Difference between MK and MKI
MKI is Air Dominance version
but MK is a Bomber version with strong under belly to carry big missiles like Brahmos....
The 40 extras ordered are not for SFC. I doubt the SFC tender has even been launched as of today.

When IAF signed the contract for 42 aircraft(note IAF and not SFC), the value came up to $100Million/aircraft. That's why there were rumours of the aircraft going to SFC. But this is clearly an IAF deal.

There is no MK version in India. All Su-30s will be the MKI version. The MK version is some ancient piece of crap. It was unveiled in 1993 and compared to today's standards, I would prefer the Bison over it.

The version meant to carry Brahmos will be as capable as any MKI version in air to air scenarios as well.

agentperry

Nope. 40 of them will go through an air frame strengthening program in order to raise the wet point capability to above 2.5 tons from the current 2 tons in order to carry Brahmos. We do not know if the later tranches of MKIs will carry the Brahmos or not apart from the initial 40.

I had argued this with nitesh a long time ago. All MKIs will be MLUed during production and after. They will all carry AESA and the works, all 270 of them.

As for Mirage-2000, the radar and other equipment it is currently carrying is 3rd gen standards made in the 1980s. The current version of the M-2000 can detect and track a fighter sized object from 60 to 70 Km only which is pretty much the same as the Mig-21 Bison. It will carry a RDY-3 radar after the upgrade which will give it the capability to detect and track at above 120Km along with SAR mode. Comparatively the current Bars on the MKI already detects and tracks fighter sized objects at 180Km. That's why Air chief and RM said the Mirage will get next gen capabilities. Currently our Mirage-2000s and Mig-29s are technologically the same as a F-16 Block 20 which is pretty much a 3 decade old technology.

After the upgrade the MKI will be in the range of the F-15E with smaller RCS while the Mirage-2000 and Mig-29 will be equivalent to the F-16 Block 50/52 version.
well my comment was for this specific super-30 program only. these 42 aircrafts will be of super-30 category. while the rest are set to retain mki config. talking about the MLUs. its a seperate issue. we are still 5-6 years away from full sukhoi induction of 230 to be made by HAL( 42 super-30 will be made in russia itself). talking about MLU at present scenario is futuristic but not practical. first let them come in full strength, upgrades will follow. urgent need of upgrade is for the early models of sukhois. entering service in 2000-2005.
they may get aesa and advanced bvrs but still they will be inferior to these super-30s. they are actually set to attain 5th gen capabilities. refer to statements of irkut chief in the past one year.

plugwater

All Su-30 MKIs will be upgraded to super Su-30.

Around 40 Su will have the capability to launch Brahmos only difference between this 40 and others is this can carry brahmos and others cant.. All other systems are same.

agentperry

im not talking about the MLUs. they are separate... these 42 sukhois... bought for 3.25 billion dollars. almost 77 million dollar per aircraft...is 27 million more than the earlier version of su-30 ie mki... these aircraft will come under super-30 category... future upgrade in form mlu to convert mki into super-30 is a separate thing... they may or may not get super-30 capabilities...
i say again... these 42 su-30 are the only one to be super-30s.. as of now... mlu will come after 230 other su-30 fully inducted into IAF

p2prada

Again, no. The mlu will include all aircraft. All 270 will have AESA, and this is as per official reports from Irkut and HAL. The mlu will begin in 2012.

The 42 MKI's will be manufactured post 2015. So they have nothing to do with the actual upgrade. Even the aircraft to get Brahmos upgrade will be from existing inventory and not from the 42 ordered.

sandeepdg

I wish this upgrade also comes with the 1117S too other than avionics, stealth and weapon capabilities upgrade. Without this engine, it will still be inferior in power train to the SU-BM.

Last edited:

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
What does my Frenchie attitude have to do with a summary of what the guy said?
It has everything to do with it because your lies have been exposed and your denigration of India is no different from your denigration of China at the end of the day like the Evil Mulla terrorist you people support only your side and talk shit of others, so there is nothing wrong in handing the long end of the stick to you to.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
It has everything to do with it because your lies have been exposed and your denigration of India is no different from your denigration of China at the end of the day like the Evil Mulla terrorist you people support only your side and talk shit of others, so there is nothing wrong in handing the long end of the stick to you to.
When did I get handed the long end of the stick? All I see from you are a bunch of personal attacks, to be handed anything there has to be some substance to it, except a stick of poo.

Immanuel

Country flag
It has been ranted over a thousand times and they all end with badmouthing a commanding officer of Nellis who knows a thousand times more about it than anyone on the net. The disrespect for his insight is unbelievable. MKIs were thrashed at Red Flag, Garuda and Indradhanush exercises yet Indians still shout they are all lies. They have "rebuttals" ie, excuses for everything.
well no one gives a flying ***k about your MKI bashing, all who were ever involved in excercises with the MKI have admitted to its capabilities even though the MKI never really showed it true prowess at any international excercises. They always played in traning mode, they always had excellent mission rates and many kills both in large scale combat sims as well as 1vs1. In a real war the Rafale will get shot down by the MKI. Super-30 is way ahead of he Rafale's league.

EDIT: Avoid personal attack

Last edited:

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
You should know by now personal attacks don't phase me. They only show your true colours.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Indian Air Force and other large-scale upgrade of Su -30 fighter to deter China

Tangen Hao World Wide Web on July 8 press reports, according to ITAR - TASS 7 news, Indian Air Force plans to begin Su-30MKI, its equipment, large-scale modern jet fighter upgrade. Russian experts to help upgrade will be carried out, a small part of the transformation of the aircraft in Russia, most of the local community in India to complete. Su-30MKI is considered the most advanced equipment in Indian Air Force fighter, for its main purpose is to deter China and Pakistan.

reported that a senior Indian defense sources said: "In the Air Force fighter modernization upgrade program, we intend to major in the Russian aircraft manufacturer with the help of Su-30MKI perfect 50 fighter." Learned , 5 Su-30MKI fighters to reform in Russia, and the remaining 45 by India's own efforts.

according to plan, Su-30MKI will transform the latest standards, with modern airborne radio electronic equipment and access to a series of new technical and tactical performance. In addition, the body structure will also be improved to meet with a range of 290 kilometers of "BrahMos" supersonic cruise missile needs.

reported that the Indian Air Force from late last century, equipped with 90 Su -30 fighter, now a total of six brigades. In addition to a brigade of the first type is SU -30, the future purchases are upgraded Su-30MKI model. So far, India has ordered a total of about 280 such aircraft, has delivered more than 100.

reported that the purchase of Su-30MKI fighters in India's main purpose is to ensure that their air superiority in the region. After news that a group of Indian Air Force Su-30MKI fighters to deploy directly adjacent to China and Pakistan in Kashmir valley to create a deterrent against China and Pakistan. Allegedly took off from there, Su-30MKI can "BrahMos" missile against Kunming, Chengdu, Chongqing, Lanzhou and other cities, so that the Indian Air Force of China's west, southwest depth region constitutes a strategic air attack situation.

Copyright © 2010 http://www.china-daily.org - All Rights Reserved. Site Map 0
http://defenceforumindia.com/indian-air-force/1363-su-30-mki-97.html

Come on we are just upgrading our aircraft and we are doing coz we can, it that Simple.. ;/

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Hahaha... who is the one derailing topics? You go off on rants filled with personal attacks that have NOTHING to do with the topic at hand. The topic is MKI, you don't have something to say about it then I have nothing to say to you. I don't have to defend myself, I am quite secure. I do sense some insecurity on your part. What you call bashing is called FACT.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Hahaha... who is the one derailing topics? You go off on rants filled with personal attacks that have NOTHING to do with the topic at hand. The topic is MKI, you don't have something to say about it then I have nothing to say to you. I don't have to defend myself, I am quite secure. I do sense some insecurity on your part. What you call bashing is called FACT.
Your just OTing, your deliberate miss representation of the Pilots words and takeing him out of context just to score nationalistic Browne points where deliberate attempts on pointless attacks and if i talk about your unfair attitude then you only stick to my personal comments. Anyway this is OT and solves no point.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
If I was out to score brownie points on an Indian forum I wouldn't be critical of its equipment. However, I am one for the facts so faults need to be revealed. You are just mad I don't praise everything GoI buys from Russia and comes out of DRDO labs. Sorry bub, they are not known for quality so you will be waiting awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

Articles