Chinese are "mongrels" & they "shoot their own people" says Australia

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Re: Chinese are "mongrels" & they "shoot their own people" says Austra

The White Australia policy was in effect, to keep the Asian out.

However, owing the end of the convict system to populate Australia, there was a labour shortage. Hence, Chinese farmers were 'imported' as coolie labour as far back as 1800s; more so since they were very adept at sugar farming.

The gold discovery in Australia spurred Chinese coolie labour import. But because of the fear of being swamped by non whites, Acts were passed to restrict or stop this coolie labour, and then repealed and then brought into force; all dependent on when the shortage of coolie labour was felt.

The Chinese being an enterprising lot branched out to other industries like laundry, cook-houses etc.

However, owing to political reasons, the immigration was stopped.

There is an interesting book on the Chinese of Sydney.

Why did the White Australia policy end?

This is what The Guardian has to say.

How one refugee signalled the end of the White Australia policy
Sixty-five years ago today, Annie O'Keefe's victory against the Australian government paved the way for the policy's ultimate abolition

How one refugee signalled the end of the White Australia policy | Paul Power | Comment is free | theguardian.com

Ray

The Chairman
Professional

On racism in Australia, there are views.

Here is one

Australians are racist and unfriendly, say migrants

MIGRANTS say they like life in Australia even though many have experienced racism and believe we're not the "caring, friendly and hospitable" people we like to think we are.
More than a third of recent arrivals have been discriminated against because of their skin colour, ethnicity or religion, a comprehensive survey backed by the Federal Government shows.....

The "Mapping Social Cohesion" report, authored by Monash University's Professor Andrew Markus for the Scanlon Foundation, revealed that racism remains a problem in Australia........

More than 41 per cent of migrants from non-English speaking backgrounds said they experienced discrimination in the last year and many said they feared walked alone at night or becoming a victim of crime.

Asked what they did like about Australia, only 3 per cent of migrants nominated having caring, friendly and hospitable neighbours as their first choice.......

That was remarkably different from a similar survey 15 years ago, which showed that friendly Aussies were the most appealing part about moving Down Under.

Australians are racist and unfriendly, say migrants | News.com.au
If the original or what was the majority culture and customs get swamped, then it is natural animus develops.

And the majority culture still is White Australian.

apple

I had to look for the meaning of mongrel on google...

Well it's a bad word to be used for anyone and this douchebag manages to call 1.3 billion chinese as mongrels.
It's not necessarily bad in Australian English. While I'm not, if I was rugby player I'd be pleased to be described as a mongrel.

Let's not delude ourselves

We'll still be wogs and slumdogs to the anglos and next to our (chinese) asian brothers because we alienate ourselves by trying to demean them when theyre simply asserting themselves rightfully.

Last I checked it was hundreds if not over a thousand indian students who got violently attacked in Austrailia not the thriving prosperous chinese community in Aussieland

The reason Chinese are pro money/assets in the west is because the only way to get anglos to not discriminate or brutalize you is by having enough money

things are so bad indians have had to hold multiple protests involving thousands of people in austrailia. Indian media which is notoriously indifferent to indian people suffering has commented on it ad nauseum
Indian, particularly Indian students, have earned themselves a bad reputation in Australia. Mainly for abuse of the conditions of student visas, but also for those protests a few years. As a group, Indian students seemed to have calmed down. But, those protests were up there with Islamic groups demonstrations in Australia with the bizarre rhetoric making all sorts of ridiculous allegations.

Strange those protests, and "gangs of racist Australian attacking Indians" coincidenced with a change in Australian student visa policy which particularly affected Indians...

And you're the champion of the Indian media, are you OTM Shank? Yes, their stories on Indians in Australia were very accurate and useful.

You're in Canada OTM Shank? Are you one of those Vancouver Punjabi gangsters attempting to take over the city's drug trade at the point of a gun? Thankfully, Australia's Indian community hasn't gone the same way as Canada's. Well, at least not yet.

Absolutely true.

Before the influx of Asian immigrants, Australia do not have a limit on immigration since the majority of immigrants are from the "white" world. Suddenly, when more and more Asians entered Australia, they adopted immigration quotas and policies. Now its not about race, but it's about preserving the Australian culture and way of living.....meaning preserving white Anglo culture. And, they don't call that racism, what a joke.

There is certainly an element of race here with a minor influence of religion. Racism is not dead, it's called with a different term now.
Before the influx of Asian migrants? Which influx are you talking about 1870, 1980? The history of the Australian nation isn't so long, but it goes back to before 2000.

Immigration limits have been around (sorry I can't be bothered checking the date) since forever. They were definitely in place long before the majority of immigrants to Australia no longer came from New Zealand and Great Britain.

Always amuses me when Indian's talk about the White Australia Policy. Conversely, it annoys me when many Australians discuss it as Australians are awful at knowing their own history.

Indians and Japanese (they were our allies in 1900) were exempt for the White Australia Policy.

For entry into Australia, under the White Australia Policy, an arrivee had to pass a written test which was in an European language. Immigration officials decided which European language the test would be in and the majority of people denied entry, under the White Australia Policy, were European communists in the 1920's-1930's (They would get a test, which they'd fail, in Celtic or Basque language).

The White Australia policy was the idea of Australian trade unions and church groups. Unions didn't like wealthy Australians employing large numbers of (typically Chinese) labourers at low wages and the Church were opposed to Coolie labourers as they considered it to be, effectively, a form of slavery. Right wing politicians would have opposed government control over "assisted immigration" of Asian labour as those workers were important to industry. But unions and church groups, were pragmatic enough to realise that the Australia of the period was profoundly racist and if they called their policy the White Australia Policy, no right wing politician would vote against.

In retrospect, it was terrible name... But yes, while people here don't seem to understand Australia, I don't think the White Australia policy or Australian racism is relevant to this discussion.

Otm Shank

It's not necessarily bad in Australian English. While I'm not, if I was rugby player I'd be pleased to be described as a mongrel.

Indian, particularly Indian students, have earned themselves a bad reputation in Australia. Mainly for abuse of the conditions of student visas, but also for those protests a few years. As a group, Indian students seemed to have calmed down. But, those protests were up there with Islamic groups demonstrations in Australia with the bizarre rhetoric making all sorts of ridiculous allegations.

Strange those protests, and "gangs of racist Australian attacking Indians" coincidenced with a change in Australian student visa policy which particularly affected Indians...

And you're the champion of the Indian media, are you OTM Shank? Yes, their stories on Indians in Australia were very accurate and useful.

You're in Canada OTM Shank? Are you one of those Vancouver Punjabi gangsters attempting to take over the city's drug trade at the point of a gun? Thankfully, Australia's Indian community hasn't gone the same way as Canada's. Well, at least not yet.

Before the influx of Asian migrants? Which influx are you talking about 1870, 1980? The history of the Australian nation isn't so long, but it goes back to before 2000.

Immigration limits have been around (sorry I can't be bothered checking the date) since forever. They were definitely in place long before the majority of immigrants to Australia no longer came from New Zealand and Great Britain.

Always amuses me when Indian's talk about the White Australia Policy. Conversely, it annoys me when many Australians discuss it as Australians are awful at knowing their own history.

Indians and Japanese (they were our allies in 1900) were exempt for the White Australia Policy.

For entry into Australia, under the White Australia Policy, an arrivee had to pass a written test which was in an European language. Immigration officials decided which European language the test would be in and the majority of people denied entry, under the White Australia Policy, were European communists in the 1920's-1930's (They would get a test, which they'd fail, in Celtic or Basque language).

The White Australia policy was the idea of Australian trade unions and church groups. Unions didn't like wealthy Australians employing large numbers of (typically Chinese) labourers at low wages and the Church were opposed to Coolie labourers as they considered it to be, effectively, a form of slavery. Right wing politicians would have opposed government control over "assisted immigration" of Asian labour as those workers were important to industry. But unions and church groups, were pragmatic enough to realise that the Australia of the period was profoundly racist and if they called their policy the White Australia Policy, no right wing politician would vote against.

In retrospect, it was terrible name... But yes, while people here don't seem to understand Australia, I don't think the White Australia policy or Australian racism is relevant to this discussion.
Great job showcasing how the Australian mind thinks.

Indians protesting against being violently attacked is akin to islamic demonstrations how?

nice job at trying to justify violence against people in your country but your convoluted excuse about visas is not holding weight

nope Im not punjabi but nice job at trying to paint them as drug dealers

The anglo aussie will soon be out of luck.. a chinese or indo will have his job, a leb will have his wife and a dingo will have his baby. Stay strong bro

Last edited:

apple

Great job showcasing how the Australian mind thinks.

Indians protesting against being violently is akin to islamic demonstrations how?

nice job at trying to justify violence against people in your country but your convoluted excuse about visas is not holding weight

nope Im not punjabi but nice job at trying to paint them as drug dealers

The anglo aussie will soon be out of luck.. a chinese or indo will have his job, a leb will have his wife and a dingo will have his baby. Stay strong bro
The Indian student demonstrations, in common with the protest by militant Islamists in Australia, were a mass display of ignorance, fueled by idiots with a bizarre sense of entitlement. i.e. talking about racist cops and corrupt politicians... might play well with their intended audience: the Indian media. But, to people who understand Australia i.e. all (or least most) Australians, the demonstrations were just petulant stupidity.

Is there street crime at night in major Australian cities? Sure.

Are people who are identifiably foreign targeted by muggers and do foreigners frequently travel through particularly dangerous areas? Probably.

Are they police failing to properly investigate crimes against foreigners? what... ahh no, tourism is a major industry. Foreign students and tourists get better service from the police than locals.

Are there gangs of racist Australians roaming the streets looking to mug, specifically, Indians? :wacko:

Did Wikileaks reveal that the Australian government (which has no control over police, by the way) is preventing the police from properly protecting Indian students in Australia? :doh:

The claims the protestors were making were right up there in the stupidity/ bizarre stakes with the "Sharia for Australia" protestors.

Was the protest in Melbourne in May 2009 organised a week after a protest by Indian exchange students in Sydney turned violent and resulted in the Indian students attacking Sri Lankas, stabbing one, and blinding another with acid, there by guaranteeing there would be a strong and robust police presence in Melbourne?

Was this "outbreak of racist violence" against Indian students in Australia coincidental with Australia changing in policy towards student visas which would lead to mass deportations of Indian students from Australia?

2009 Vancouver gang war - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Google up; Punjabi Mafia, Sanghera Crime Group and the Buttar Gang

I'm not afraid of losing my job to an Indian. Ethnic Chinese (many of who aren't actually from China) come to Australia to study at legimitate schools and gain proper accreditation. So yes, they would compete for the same jobs as myself. Plenty of (ridiculously) well paid jobs in Australia though. My future's pretty rosey.

The skanks that end up with Lebanese husbands aren't my type and there aren't dingoes anywhere I plan to live.

But I'll stay strong, thanks for the best wishes.

BTW. Bro's more a kiwi, particularly Maori, term

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
skywatcher Chinese Lunar Exploration Program China 0
LETHALFORCE Attacks on Chinese in Pakistan Pakistan 10
Satish Sharma Idiotic musing of Chinese communist party. China 2
skywatcher Chinese Commercial Space News China 46

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles