Ferguson on Fire Again

thethinker

Country flag
It is investing from both sides. Trade relations are important. We do not look down on India and I trust that also India do not look down on us. We can have a fight of words in this forum, but in real life the relations between our countries is based on mutual respect.
Mutual respect is a 2-way street. Perhaps addressing bilateral trade relations as "begging" needs to be looked at?

With India being Finland's 4th largest trade partner in Asia, the mindset that Indian officials visit Finland to "beg" needs to be looked at?

Perhaps, choosing words wisely on a forum or otherwise needs to be looked at?

And finally, the " we give you aid" mentality is what Brits like to bring up to relieve their former glory days ever since the "Raj" is on decline as there is not much to show for now.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The only time Finland features in India is when one buys a Nokia or when Christmas comes.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Europe has also minorities, but no police shooting. This is the dark, dark side of America. No need to try to whitewash it.
You are wrong.

it is an ethical, moral and upright democratic country that wishes the well of the world and all its different people.

Isn't that your persistent refrain?

jouni

You are wrong.

it is an ethical, moral and upright democratic country that wishes the well of the world and all its different people.

Isn't that your persistent refrain?
I believe that I can see both the good and the bad sides of their politics and society.

jouni

Mutual respect is a 2-way street. Perhaps addressing bilateral trade relations as "begging" needs to be looked at?

With India being Finland's 4th largest trade partner in Asia, the mindset that Indian officials visit Finland to "beg" needs to be looked at?

Perhaps, choosing words wisely on a forum or otherwise needs to be looked at?

And finally, the " we give you aid" mentality is what Brits like to bring up to relieve their former glory days ever since the "Raj" is on decline as there is not much to show for now.
We are not Brits, We are not Germans, we are not even The US. We cannot be swedes, Russians we do not want to be, so we are Finns. All the help and co-op that comes from here to India comes without the "raj"-tag. It is just from pure heart, no strings attached.

Energon

DFI stars
Ambassador
Country flag
US Police are trigger happy. It also has to do with the gun culture. Minorities in Europe are not targeted by police.
Don't be silly. If you're going to pretend to be European the least you can do is put in the effort and familiarize yourself with the basic facts before you start wasting bandwidth. Europe has one of the worst track records in human history when it comes to dealing with minorities. The number of ethnic cleanses, genocides, state sponsored witch hunts and marginalization campaigns are too many to count. Oh, and a lot of those executions were carried out by men in uniforms with guns.

jouni

Don't be silly. If you're going to pretend to be European the least you can do is put in the effort and familiarize yourself with the basic facts before you start wasting bandwidth. Europe has one of the worst track records in human history when it comes to dealing with minorities. The number of ethnic cleanses, genocides, state sponsored witch hunts and marginalization campaigns are too many to count. Oh, and a lot of those executions were carried out by men in uniforms with guns.
We are talking about today, not some bygone eras.

Energon

DFI stars
Ambassador
Country flag
We are talking about today, not some bygone eras.
Bygone eras? Seriously? You do realize that many people who were let off the hook for the most atrocious crimes are still alive and well yes? That of course was a rhetorical question. Of course you don't know.

jouni

Bygone eras? Seriously? You do realize that many people who were let off the hook for the most atrocious crimes are still alive and well yes? That of course was a rhetorical question. Of course you don't know.
What crimes are you referring to?

Energon

DFI stars
Ambassador
Country flag
What crimes are you referring to?
The ones mentioned in post #46. I'm not going to give a history lesson. Again, if you're going to pretend to be a Finn or European or whatever then the least you can do is put in the work. You can start here.

Also, stop hijacking the thread. This discussion is supposed to be about the recent events in Ferguson, Missouri. If you want to talk about the topic at hand then I'll be more than happy to discuss it.

Cheers.

jouni

The ones mentioned in post #46. I'm not going to give a history lesson. Again, if you're going to pretend to be a Finn or European or whatever then the least you can do is put in the work. You can start here.

Also, stop hijacking the thread. This discussion is supposed to be about the recent events in Ferguson, Missouri. If you want to talk about the topic at hand then I'll be more than happy to discuss it.

Cheers.
I have no desire to talk with a person like you.

Sameet Pattnaik

We are not Brits, We are not Germans, we are not even The US. We cannot be swedes, Russians we do not want to be, so we are Finns. All the help and co-op that comes from here to India comes without the "raj"-tag. It is just from pure heart, no strings attached.
but you are the nato and EU !

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
As I said, India trades with any country which is ready to trade with India.

And India also does it with a pure heart with no strings attached,

And there is no Nazi or Winter War tag.

Last edited:

Otm Shank2

What aid and coop do finns extend to india or any other developing country?

Voldemort

Country flag
@jouni How much is the aid given to India by Finland?

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles