North East Security Watch

shade

Country flag
This is not a "Kuki" problem, but more of a "easy availability of firearms to local population" problem.

Sooner or later the "village defenders" bearing arms will turn into dacoits and naxals looting their own people and govt., because having so much power at hand, nobody would want to work on a stable, honest job.

Happened everywhere there is a easy availability of arms, be it USA or Jharkhand.
Dilli Dur Ast
Before they turn on their own they'll either attempt to ethnic cleanse the Mithais from Imphal Valley or make large land grabs there before doing drama for cease-fire.

Aside from what you say, there is also a good chance of parallel govts forming there, since power flows through the barrel of the gun and all.

Azaad

Country flag

Just another case of puny men jumping 6 feet high. We've plenty of such instances since independence which is why when retribution comes as it did in this case, it's twice as sweet .

I think come 4th June if the kukis don't get their act together & keep jumping as they've all this while, they're in for a lot of pain.

shade

Country flag

Just another case of puny men jumping 6 feet high. We've plenty of such instances since independence which is why when retribution comes as it did in this case, it's twice as sweet .

I think come 4th June if the kukis don't get their act together & keep jumping as they've all this while, they're in for a lot of pain.
Little doggies jumping high because they think Uncle Sam is holding their leash.

sameer3694

Why do these Britshits keep butting in everywhere?

Also anyone else recognizes those flags? Cookie-Chin or some other random millitia?

Butter Chicken

Country flag
Just vishwaguru things

Also,

Village next to Manipur has been captured by rebels this week

Maybe @tomthounaojam can explain. Both kuki and Meitei groups are operating from Burma.

I was in Thailand last year and most Indians I met were from Burma. They have no intention to return.

At this point India should just invade Myanmar and establish access to the sea for NE since it is a lawless area

Last edited:

tomthounaojam

Country flag
Village next to Manipur has been captured by rebels this week

Maybe @tomthounaojam can explain. Both kuki and Meitei groups are operating from Burma.

I was in Thailand last year and most Indians I met were from Burma. They have no intention to return.

At this point India should just invade Myanmar and establish access to the sea for NE since it is a lawless area
Recent reports indicate clashes in Burma with the Junta and valley-based insurgent groups like the People's Liberation Army of Manipur (PLA), with their flag spotted here amidst the fighting against the PDF and local insurgents. While details on casualties remain uncertain, unverified reports suggest two Kuki casualties. Authenticated news from this region is challenging to obtain; in previous clashes, around 5-6 PLA members were reportedly killed.

The raised question holds significant importance. If rebels in Myanmar engage in combat against Indian insurgency, which the Junta hasn't, the Northeastern rebels might confront the PDF or opt for peace talks with the Government of India (GOI). Consequently, the GOI maintains a reserved stance regarding Myanmar. In my humble opinion, if the pressure intensifies, insurgent groups may eventually seek peace talks and potentially act as proxy forces, fostering long-term peace in the Northeast.

shade

Country flag
Recent reports indicate clashes in Burma with the Junta and valley-based insurgent groups like the People's Liberation Army of Manipur (PLA), with their flag spotted here amidst the fighting against the PDF and local insurgents. While details on casualties remain uncertain, unverified reports suggest two Kuki casualties. Authenticated news from this region is challenging to obtain; in previous clashes, around 5-6 PLA members were reportedly killed.

The raised question holds significant importance. If rebels in Myanmar engage in combat against Indian insurgency, which the Junta hasn't, the Northeastern rebels might confront the PDF or opt for peace talks with the Government of India (GOI). Consequently, the GOI maintains a reserved stance regarding Myanmar. In my humble opinion, if the pressure intensifies, insurgent groups may eventually seek peace talks and potentially act as proxy forces, fostering long-term peace in the Northeast.
Should just use the "Turkish Model" as implemented in Syria where we adopt some competent rebel group and invade Burma to establish a buffer zone

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles