India Free Trade Agreements (FTA) News and Discussions

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
So is this good for India?
one of the reason our exports are not on par with our manufacturing capacity is because of the tariffs at importing countries. FTAs remove tariffs, which brings our exports on par with other manufacturing powerhouses.

even though aussie FTA is a limited trade deal, it gives GoI experience in negotiating FTAs. next one on GoI's radar is another limited FTA with UK. that makes two of the five anglosphere countries.

Concard

Country flag
one of the reason our exports are not on par with our manufacturing capacity is because of the tariffs at importing countries. FTAs remove tariffs, which brings our exports on par with other manufacturing powerhouses.

even though aussie FTA is a limited trade deal, it gives GoI experience in negotiating FTAs. next one on GoI's radar is another limited FTA with UK. that makes two of the five anglosphere countries.
What do you think about FTA with New Zealand and Canada? I believe the one with New Zealand will be detrimental to our dairy industry. I don't know about Canadian FTA yet. We need to also focus on South America and Central America. Apart from EU, there is non EU countries like Norway and Switzerland. We got to target that them as well.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
What do you think about FTA with New Zealand and Canada? I believe the one with New Zealand will be detrimental to our dairy industry. I don't know about Canadian FTA yet. We need to also focus on South America and Central America. Apart from EU, there is non EU countries like Norway and Switzerland. We got to target that them as well.
what i noticed is that, since they are starting the negotiations with limited FTAs in mind, entire industries are not presumed to be on the table for discussions. they are going by product category by category. for example one of the last points to be negotiated for aussie deal was cochlear devices. so when it comes to milk, our industry will be consulted.

EU negotiations got restarted post-covid, which were stalled last time because of theresa may.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag

So that's good thing then we don't have fta with usa I suppose? And yes I read about uk situation with new president in uk there might be a possibility that fta will be signed

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Need to be seen in the light of the global economy downturn & recession. Is Australia suffering from recession or not? If it is, then the FTA may not be the culprit but a mirage hiding the real reason for the decline in exports.
the article also mentions, imports also decreased by 30% during the same period, it's incomplete data anyways. but under utilisation of FTAs is an issue.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles